Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

8. $387,000. The average medical cost per person in the United States is $12,900. Over 30 years, that's nearly $400,000.

Now consider this, if I have unlimited free medical care, I'm dropping my health insurance.  So take away the lifetime of health insurance.

And if you have a kid, that's a huge bill.  Cancer, crank that bitch up.  ER visit, you can see 6 figures for a broken bone... 8 is the no-brainer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Estimated cash value:
1. $10,000
2. $16,938
3. Likely nil for most posters on here as I imagine credit is decent. The bump wouldn't do that much.
4. $288,000. Assuming it's only two at a time. One trip a month, priced at $400 per ticket for 30 years.
5. $1,016,280. $416,100 is median home price in U.S. but you don't get to sell it, so the value doesn't matter. Average mortgage payment is $2,823 over 30 years, comes up to more than $1 million. Doesn't include anything for taxes, insurance, maintenance.
6. $36,580. BLS says the average household spends $7,316 a year on food.
7. $261,000. $185,000 for a Mercedes Maybach S 580, but you can't sell it, so the value means nothing. Average car payment is $725 monthly, so over 30 years, that adds up to $261,000
8. $387,000. The average medical cost per person in the United States is $12,900. Over 30 years, that's nearly $400,000.

Tell me you’re an actuary without telling me you’re an actuary.

36 minutes ago, Marfa Low Crown said:

370545667_24488926570706415_281170758744559624_n.jpg

Man, what is it about The Far Side that's just so good? I've never seen another single panel comic that is even in the same stratosphere. They are all bad.

Well, at least in Austin they have the brown and dead landscape nailed.

When it’s hotter than a monkey’s nuts in Africa and your mom busts out the warm bologna and cheese sandwiches and potato salad that’s been in the back of that station wagon sitting in the sun for 3 hours. Been there.
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Both taste amazing, but if I am cooking more than a 2-3 strips it's going in the oven.  It's simply the superior method in terms of ease.

Someone on this board convinced me to just throw it all in a skillet and let fate sort the frying out. Works great and I've been doing it for years.