Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

26 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

.faef44be56af2872347ca16b7c3dfe13.jpg

holy shit it’s unbelievable that zuckerberg would ban something like that. unreal. people need to push back against facebook and the liberal agenda. this is important and needs to be reposted everywhere. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2024 at 1:46 PM, Superhero said:

My kids brought home some thin mints. After they went to bed, I ate the last 2, then rubbed the crumbs across my teeth. It's like cocaine to me.

You don’t rub cocaine on your teeth, you rub it on your gums. So I’ve heard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deft said:

To the store to get clothes that fit

Didn't you hear me Elaine?  I never even made it to the pants store.  /kramer

"that's perfect irony, man!" /peterman 

And yes, I caught myself earlier this week setting my alarm on the phone calculator like a fucking dumbass.  But years ago, I switched every device that had the 24hr global time setting to it because I once drunkenly set my alarm for 7:30pm in El Paso when it should have been 7:30am for a meeting.  so now even groggy as fuck, my dumbass can read the difference between 0730 hrs and 1930 hrs.  Plus, it's how the vast majority of our planet keeps time. I don't know in the fuck we have to be so fucking weird and dug-in about weights, measures, time, and temperature.  Us and fucking Liberia just going it alone...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Didn't you hear me Elaine?  I never even made it to the pants store.  /kramer

"that's perfect irony, man!" /peterman 

And yes, I caught myself earlier this week setting my alarm on the phone calculator like a fucking dumbass.  But years ago, I switched every device that had the 24hr global time setting to it because I once drunkenly set my alarm for 7:30pm in El Paso when it should have been 7:30am for a meeting.  so now even groggy as fuck, my dumbass can read the difference between 0730 hrs and 1930 hrs.  Plus, it's how the vast majority of our planet keeps time. I don't know in the fuck we have to be so fucking weird and dug-in about weights, measures, time, and temperature.  Us and fucking Liberia just going it alone...

• Haha 1

That's funny, my daughter and I just watched that again last night.  She cracks up because she takes science and math class in Spanish at school.  So one of her teachers refers to things in the metric system and time on a 24-hour clock.  But her other teacher refers to things at 2:00pm or a reading passage as, "And she had to walk 3 miles to the farm..."   She's way smarter than me so she can grasp the difference and like me, thinks it's fucking insane we have this arbitrary system for stuff.  I mean, you can give me a starting principal and 20-year weighted alpha on a fund and I can give you back the IRR with two decimal points within seconds.  But I could honestly not tell you how many yards in a mile or liters in a gallon.  

I don't know Nate, but a mutual friend in comedy we have told me Nate helped write that sketch.  It was something he wanted to turn into a standup bit but couldn't get it work right on stage without others up there.  So SNL was the perfect place.  This other guy has a fantastic long-bit about state abbreviations.  He also thought it could never work because it was such a bland topic, but he saw a documentary during Covid (IIRC) about Fonts.  And thought, "If they can make a 90 minute movie about letters, I can do 6 minutes on state abbreviations."  /csb

• Like 1