Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

3 minutes ago, Okie State said:
7 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:
My room where my wife hung up a picture. 

ETA fuck any builder that runs wall studs horizontals to save a few bucks.  Just making the wife problem worse 
image.thumb.jpg.27b5e8c2d236f4133fd19d7b229bc887.jpg

Wait...runs wall studs horizontal? Say more about this...

They’re not holding anything up. It’s just framing to hold up drywall. I think it saves a handful of 2x4s. They did this on our house built in about 2000. I also recently found it on a house we are redoing built in about 1950

They’re not holding anything up. It’s just framing to hold up drywall. I think it saves a handful of 2x4s. They did this on our house built in about 2000. I also recently found it on a house we are redoing built in about 1950
Weird. I've heard of blocking in specific spots for specific things, but never seen this.

6 minutes ago, Okie State said:
10 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Weird. I've heard of blocking in specific spots for specific things, but never seen this.

I’m not saying it is right. I think it is done to save a few bucks by people who don’t know what they’re doing and/or don’t think anyone will notice. I’ll see if I can find pictures of the one we gutted.

The 1950s home as we were taking it down

C4396FA2-B194-4925-BB93-983C0C95BE10.jpeg

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

I’m not saying it is right. I think it is done to save a few bucks by people who don’t know what they’re doing and/or don’t think anyone will notice. I’ll see if I can find pictures of the one we gutted.

C4396FA2-B194-4925-BB93-983C0C95BE10.thumb.jpeg.26a597708f8a930c2600cd2ba632db2f.jpeg

That’s a lot of weight on very few studs!
  • Rage+1 1

On 6/25/2023 at 7:00 PM, UT_OB1 said:

C4396FA2-B194-4925-BB93-983C0C95BE10.jpeg

As an architect I wouldn't have believed this without seeing it.