NIL Recruiting News Megathread

texifornia

On 2/25/2023 at 4:47 PM, Schulz2.0 said:

If I was a rich guy I'd also like to "have dinner" with twins.

3pdcwcw7oao71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

anne hathaway dat ass GIF

3 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Hearing the NCAA is looking into aggy's 12th man NIL deal.

Aggy not backing down. Should be the pass/fail case to see if it's legal or not.

Interesting.  Anything they're doing, other than the points, materially different than TOF? 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Aggy claiming 12th man "not associated with university" or some horseshit. But yeah, points towards tickets is the issue.

Saw that one coming a mile away. If they aren't associated with the university, then they should have no jurisdiction over season ticket slotting. 

• Hook 'Em 4

14 hours ago, blacklab said:

Aggy claiming 12th man "not associated with university" or some horseshit. But yeah, points towards tickets is the issue.

Go to their website

https://12thman.com/sports/football

Tickets > Ticket Center

https://12thmanfoundation.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetGroupList?groupCode=TAMU&linkID=tamu&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Takes you to the above website.

If NCAA rules that illegal the meltdown and blaming of us will be epic.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

edit tldr - aggy is claiming tax benefits that don't seem legal, and giving benefits that belong to a public university in exchange for gifts to a supposedly "non-associated" entity

Do I understand correctly -

The 12th Man is the aggy official sports "organization"

The 12th Man Foundation runs donor activities around athletics and sells the tickets, and is part of tamu.

The 12th Man+ fund is not part of the 12th Man Foundation, per aggy, and is set up to collect charitable donations from donors for NIL activities for atm athaleets.  

In return for donations to the 12th Man+ Fund donors will receive "priority points" from the 12th Man Foundation, which enable you to receive benefit for your donation in the form of donor priority and the distribution of benefits to donors.

So why is the 12th Man+ website run through the 12th Man Foundation website? https://www.12thmanfoundation.com/12th-man-plus/

How can donations to 12th Man+ fund be considered a charitable donation when there are benefits to the donor that would be illegal to claim if given directly to the 12th Man Foundation in return for donor benefits?

Why is the 12th Man+ Fund, supposedly a private endeavor, able to use what must be trademarked material (12th Man name and logo), in addition to a website belonging to a public university?

This con they're running doesn't even pass the sniff test. On the other hand, assuming the ncaa doesn't let their nonsense slide, it will eventually give them something to cry about and add to their collection of things that have turned them into the biggest victims the world has ever known.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Go to their website

https://12thman.com/sports/football

Tickets > Ticket Center

https://12thmanfoundation.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetGroupList?groupCode=TAMU&linkID=tamu&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Takes you to the above website.

If NCAA rules that illegal the meltdown and blaming of us will be epic.

CDC calling in favors to the NCAA to get this system taken down that they worked so hard on for like 15 minutes without any real understanding of the rules. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

CDC calling in favors to the NCAA to get this system taken down that they worked so hard on for like 15 minutes without any real understanding of the rules. 

Oh, I think this was months and months of effort. They just had no fucking idea what they were doing. 

If the NCAA slaps their wrist after all the gloating might send me to the hospital 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Those knobs may have had the actual 12th man foundation file the business documents and be a parent entity to 12th Man+, btw. That's not confirmed as I haven't set eyes on any documentation, but that is the rumor. So, uh...that's a new level of stupid if so, which means it's definitely a real possibility. 

I see their legal consulting got their law degrees from Texum A&M

• Haha 2

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

Aggy fucked around and is about to find NCAA infractions 

More like Aggy fucked around, is going to have to make some embarrassing changes, and probably has some negative press coming. I’ll believe the ncaa even remembers it can issue infractions when I see it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

More like Aggy fucked around, is going to have to make some embarrassing changes, and probably has some negative press coming. I’ll believe the ncaa even remembers it can issue infractions when I see it. 

Yeah, I doubt it is anything they can't back out of, but a boy can dream. Either way the screenshot thread is going to be amazing

erection GIF

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Multiple schools had the NCAA on the phone in less than an hour after Liucci and the aggies aggied. They put the issue to the NCAA bluntly: Do something or you’re on a bullet train to becoming extinct. 

The NCAA has told ATM that they cannot do the shit they’re trying to do. So far, the ATM administration has said “try and stop me”, daring the NCAA to blink. The NCAA then sends that message across the bough today. It’s ATM’s move and a bunch of people are watching. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

There was an image but it was necessarily scrubbed. So your confusion is understandable. Just read his post like he’s the Oracle at Delphi, but with bigger tits.

Well except for the 3 people who quoted it

18 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Multiple schools had the NCAA on the phone in less than an hour after Liucci and the aggies aggied. They put the issue to the NCAA bluntly: Do something or you’re on a bullet train to becoming extinct. 

The NCAA has told ATM that they cannot do the shit they’re trying to do. So far, the ATM administration has said “try and stop me”, daring the NCAA to blink. The NCAA then sends that message across the bough today. It’s ATM’s move and a bunch of people are watching. 

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

@RGBIII You leaked this to SI! You stupid sip trying to use the BOMC against aggy!!!

discussion reviews GIF

This is all the same theater. Someone within the UT or Bama or Georgia or Oklahoma AD fed Dellenger the email and the pressure is mounting publicly now. ATM saying they notified the SEC and NCAA ahead of announcing things is funny. They didn't vet the NCAA or SEC before putting the initiative into place. They just gave them a "heads up" right before going public with the announcement. Hahahahaha. These fucking guys.

• Hook 'Em 6

On 2/28/2023 at 11:23 AM, Chopper said:

edit tldr - aggy is claiming tax benefits that don't seem legal, and giving benefits that belong to a public university in exchange for gifts to a supposedly "non-associated" entity

Do I understand correctly -

The 12th Man is the aggy official sports "organization"

The 12th Man Foundation runs donor activities around athletics and sells the tickets, and is part of tamu.

The 12th Man+ fund is not part of the 12th Man Foundation, per aggy, and is set up to collect charitable donations from donors for NIL activities for atm athaleets.  

In return for donations to the 12th Man+ Fund donors will receive "priority points" from the 12th Man Foundation, which enable you to receive benefit for your donation in the form of donor priority and the distribution of benefits to donors.

So why is the 12th Man+ website run through the 12th Man Foundation website? https://www.12thmanfoundation.com/12th-man-plus/

How can donations to 12th Man+ fund be considered a charitable donation when there are benefits to the donor that would be illegal to claim if given directly to the 12th Man Foundation in return for donor benefits?

Why is the 12th Man+ Fund, supposedly a private endeavor, able to use what must be trademarked material (12th Man name and logo), in addition to a website belonging to a public university?

This con they're running doesn't even pass the sniff test. On the other hand, assuming the ncaa doesn't let their nonsense slide, it will eventually give them something to cry about and add to their collection of things that have turned them into the biggest victims the world has ever known.

Slightly different. Aggy claims 12th Man Foundation is independent from the university. They admit 12th Man+ operates under the 12th Man Foundation.

10 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I’m of the uninformed opinion that A&M at most makes some kind of cosmetic tweak and this all blows over (and others follow in short order). It can’t be overstated what a feckless institution the NCAA is. Hope to be wrong.

They'll remove the points benefit and I think everyone will back off.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

You remove the points benefit and those dipshits are still two years behind what everyone else is doing, and on top of that, you'll now have a bunch of bitter people who feel like they got the rug pulled out from under them and aren't getting a fair deal. Their first taste will be a bad fucking taste. It's a real problem. 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Also, I think you're underestimating the embarrassment potential here. It could be huge if aTm gets a ton of articles written about them for being so stupid. They're not going to get an infraction for this, they never were. But the whole country will be laughing at them. Again. And you know how they can't handle that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 4