NIL Recruiting News Megathread

texifornia

25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also, I think you're underestimating the embarrassment potential here. It could be huge if aTm gets a ton of articles written about them for being so stupid. They're not going to get an infraction for this, they never were. But the whole country will be laughing at them. Again. And you know how they can't handle that shit. 

Oh I'm here for the tears, and they'll look like a bunch of inbred imbeciles (because that's what they are) but getting their shit into compliance will be easy.  The PR fall out will be epic.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/28/2023 at 6:00 PM, closetojumping said:

Multiple schools had the NCAA on the phone in less than an hour after Liucci and the aggies aggied. They put the issue to the NCAA bluntly: Do something or you’re on a bullet train to becoming extinct. 

The NCAA has told ATM that they cannot do the shit they’re trying to do. So far, the ATM administration has said “try and stop me”, daring the NCAA to blink. The NCAA then sends that message across the bough today. It’s ATM’s move and a bunch of people are watching. 

image.jpeg.492b0c2b2de2283bc23cda6826620429.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 3/1/2023 at 3:42 PM, SydneyCarton said:

Oh, it's different, is it? I suggest everyone head over to 12thman.com where you'll see sections under "about" for ATHLETIC DIRECTOR ROSS BJORK, Compliance, academics. Hell, under "Staff Directory" the first name listed is their Athletic Director. Totally separate. Lets not forget this beauty under Mission Statement:

missionstatement_slice1a.jpg

But my absolute favorite, at the page footer, is this gem:

image.thumb.png.5177c9459b084349c2008af2a274d9e1.png

Guys, they're right. This motherfucker isn't in any way associated with the university or athletic department. 

Chill out dude. I was saying ATM's claims are different from what he wrote. He wrote that ATM is drawing the line between 12th man and 12th man plus. What they're actually claiming is that 12th man is separate from ATM but that 12th man plus is part of 12th man. 

I'm not saying their claims are true. 

5 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Chill out dude. I was saying ATM's claims are different from what he wrote. He wrote that ATM is drawing the line between 12th man and 12th man plus. What they're actually claiming is that 12th man is separate from ATM but that 12th man plus is part of 12th man. 

I'm not saying their claims are true. 

Dude I wasn’t talking to you. If I was quoting you it was just to mock them. Jesus fucking Christ. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the IT podcast Gerry and Bobby brought up something interesting in the wake of all the Hugh Freeze wanting to have a spring game vs Troy talk. That what if Texas did something similar and held a spring scrimmage vs Texas State. One of the things that was talked about was charging $5-10 a person, sit where you like, and all proceeds go to Texas One Fund. Currently the Texas One Fund is the sponsor of the spring game this year.

• Like 3

On 4/6/2023 at 8:31 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

On the IT podcast Gerry and Bobby brought up something interesting in the wake of all the Hugh Freeze wanting to have a spring game vs Troy talk. That what if Texas did something similar and held a spring scrimmage vs Texas State. One of the things that was talked about was charging $5-10 a person, sit where you like, and all proceeds go to Texas One Fund. Currently the Texas One Fund is the sponsor of the spring game this year.

The NCAA would have to change the rules setting out the dates of the playing season and the number of intercollegiate competitions each school is allowed. But there's certainly nothing stopping them from doing that if the ADs and Presidents want them to. If it makes money, why not? And if a particular coach doesn't want to (e.g., because the roster is too thin in spots) - then don't do it. I doubt there would ever be a rule saying that you have to play a spring game. 

Personally, I'd rather see Texas play an HBCU or similar school that could really use the money and will appreciate the opportunity. Maybe Texas State fits that mold, I just don't know.  

On 4/6/2023 at 8:31 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

This has been talked about briefly but logistics of it probably make that impossible as well as the tickets going to one fund could be construed as the university providing a benefit to the collective

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m not watching that fucking dork. Cliffs, por favor. 

John Ruiz, Life Wallet company owner, projected 1 Billion in revenue for 2022. 3 quarters in they had 3.9 million. He does all the NLI deals for Miami athletes. So the money is gone and Miami is likely fucked. Also Life Wallet is fucked haha

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

47 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

John Ruiz, Life Wallet company owner, projected 1 Billion in revenue for 2022. 3 quarters in they had 3.9 million. He does all the NLI deals for Miami athletes. So the money is gone and Miami is likely fucked. Also Life Wallet is fucked haha

image.gif.90580c8801548bd3f485de7ac10dc32c.gif

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Ya that would be fucking hilarious and awesome. Ruiz is a snake

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

This will be an incredible 30 for 30. Weitsman is not going to be publicly involved anymore, and the admin has not figured out NIL yet. 

Orangemen 🤝 aggy

it's a hell of a moneyshot quote too

Weitsman cited Syracuse University chancellor Kent Syverud as the reason for stepping away. While he has never met Syverud, Weitsman got the impression the chancellor did not want him involved in supporting SU athletics.

“From what I understand, hearing it from sources at the university, he did not like the high-profile nature of the celebrities coming to games and the way I was going about NIL, discussing it with the media,” Weitsman told syracuse.com.

“He was not comfortable with that, but the only way I knew to go about doing NIL is to do it high-profile. We’re in Syracuse, New York. We have to bring attention to our area.

Even though I didn’t go to Syracuse, I love Syracuse athletics and every single person that works there. But I’m not the boss. If the boss doesn’t want me there, I understand.”

A Syracuse University spokesman told syracuse.com it has no comment on the story.

Earlier this year, Weitsman said he would pay more than $2 million in NIL deals to current and future Syracuse athletes.

OK, that's just fucking weird... what benefit could Coach possibly get out of an endorsement from a regionally popular football player?  Their customers are largely women who have no idea who the fuck Evan Stewart is.  Is he supposed to drive sales?  It might be different if the company was based in central Texas or something.  That just looks like wasted money.  Is their CEO an aggy?  

44 minutes ago, RabidM said:

OK, that's just fucking weird... what benefit could Coach possibly get out of an endorsement from a regionally popular football player?  Their customers are largely women who have no idea who the fuck Evan Stewart is.  Is he supposed to drive sales?  It might be different if the company was based in central Texas or something.  That just looks like wasted money.  Is their CEO an aggy?  

It's really not that hard to see, he's incredibly popular still on social media and his agency (UTA) has been pretty aggressively pushing him among their top billing for NIL opportunities. I remember being pushed him along with Livvy Dunne and Will Levis some months ago as their headliners. There aren't a lot of male NCAA athletes with bigger followings if any. 

18 minutes ago, Teryor said:

It's really not that hard to see, he's incredibly popular still on social media and his agency (UTA) has been pretty aggressively pushing him among their top billing for NIL opportunities. I remember being pushed him along with Livvy Dunne and Will Levis some months ago as their headliners. There aren't a lot of male NCAA athletes with bigger followings if any. 

I get that he has a big following, but how many of them are middle aged women or women in general?  From a demographics standpoint, I just don't see Coach getting much out of this.  Maybe they're hoping to make inroads with young men, but their product line isn't exactly young man friendly.  Is he going to be introducing their new Spring\Summer purse lineup?  I guess it doesn't really matter. I just think it's a very odd pairing.   

32 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I get that he has a big following, but how many of them are middle aged women or women in general?  From a demographics standpoint, I just don't see Coach getting much out of this.  Maybe they're hoping to make inroads with young men, but their product line isn't exactly young man friendly.  Is he going to be introducing their new Spring\Summer purse lineup?  I guess it doesn't really matter. I just think it's a very odd pairing.   

You're probably overthinking it.  Certainly men buy a lot of coach for their spouses and girlfriends, but I will also note that there used to be two coach stores in the mall near here - one for men's products, so they obviously sell men's products as well.