NIL Recruiting News Megathread

texifornia

10 hours ago, MontereyMXmuthafucka said:

having a hard time finding Quinn's apparel line.   any links????

So the fit for me was great with the XL. If you’re in between sizes, choose the bigger of the two.

I ordered the glance and the go short tees. While both would work for activewear, the go short looks to be better for intense activity and sweating while the glance looks and feels more like a traditional premium tee fabric. 

15ONFIRST Was the promo code 

Edited by Enchubben
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So this is interesting (from last week) - an 'NIL' deal that takes a percentage of future income.  Apparently the same company tried to sucker DeMarvion into signing one of these - but he had representation that smacked it out of his hands.

These same agencies have been doing this shit to baseball players from the dominican republic for years. 500k now for 10% of everything down the road. Fernando Tatis got got by them

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, RGBIII said:

These same agencies have been doing this shit to baseball players from the dominican republic for years. 500k now for 10% of everything down the road. Fernando Tatis got got by them

Big feature in South American soccer as well - Carlos Tevez famously had one of those contracts, and so do a bunch of Brazilian players.

On 9/11/2023 at 5:20 PM, Enchubben said:

So the fit for me was great with the XL. If you’re in between sizes, choose the bigger of the two.

I ordered the glance and the go short tees. While both would work for activewear, the go short looks to be better for intense activity and sweating while the glance looks and feels more like a traditional premium tee fabric. 

15ONFIRST Was the promo code 

This coupon still works as of Friday afternoon. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It can't help that Gundy doesn't seem to know how NIL works even a little bit. Hey Mike, facilities like the one South Alabama built have nothing to do with NIL. That would be the Athletic Department. I'm not sure if you're aware, but Okahoma St. also have as athletic department. 

I think what he's trying to say (in a roundabout garbled way) is that they have the money for new facilities, but not for NIL, which in his mind is the perfect financial equilibrium. 

On 9/21/2023 at 8:59 AM, SydneyCarton said:

It can't help that Gundy doesn't seem to know how NIL works even a little bit. Hey Mike, facilities like the one South Alabama built have nothing to do with NIL. That would be the Athletic Department. I'm not sure if you're aware, but Okahoma St. also have as athletic department. 

Okie Lite probably paid South Alabama a $Million bucks to come and play in Stillwater.  That helps pay the bills.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Iowa State getting into the swing of NIL with Iowa Pork Producers!

Don't lose your opportunity, Johntay Cook, Charles Wright, Quinn Ewers, DeAndre Moore, Savion Red, and Will Stone:

image.png.f72f8515468807fbda3fcc987fb3a4a4.png

"Cook, Wright - Ewers, Moore, Red, Stone!"

Edited by TexLonghorn
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

You are right….

TJ Eckert on X: "Oklahoma State is paying South Alabama $300,000 to get ran out of Boone Pickens Stadium. Yikes. #OKState" / X.Sep 17, 2023”.

Yikes is right! That grammar is awful.

”…to get run out of Boone Pickens Stadium.”

TJ Eckert is all kinds of Yikes. 

DeAndre Moore NIL related:

Spoiler

Press release:

AUSTIN, TX (Sept. 28, 2023) – Jive Turkey, a new homestyle food truck concept from first-year Texas Longhorn Deandre Moore, has opened to the public at 1637 E. Riverside Drive in Central Austin. Austin-based organization Clark Field Creative is assisting Deandre through the process, helping to facilitate the use of Moore’s NIL (Name, Image and Likeness) money to fund the business.

Taleea Moore, Deandre’s mother, is the key culinary player at Jive Turkey, where she serves as the chef. Jive Turkey has largely been inspired by the Moore family’s cooking traditions, as well as their fondness for replacing ground beef with turkey meat in their diets. Deandre’s appreciation for incorporating leaner, healthier sources of protein into a majority of his meals began in high school during his journey toward training to be a college athlete. This mindset – coupled with his love of Taleea’s home-cooked meals – led to the menu creation at Jive Turkey, which is centered around turkey-focused, comfort-food cuisine.

Deandre Moore, an All-American and All-League honoree and freshman wide receiver on the University of Texas football team, is an avid foodie and aspiring philanthropist. Upon Deandre’s arrival in Austin from California, he knew he wanted to make a positive impact in his new home base and promote well-being among underserved neighborhoods. After noticing that most affordable food truck options in the city were beef-based, Moore decided to put his NIL money toward a food truck concept offering turkey-based meals.

He enlisted the help of his mother Taleea, a home cook who’s always dreamt of branching out into the restaurant world, and Clark Field Creative, an organization dedicated to facilitating NIL opportunities for UT college athletes. Thus, Deandre’s business concept came to life as Jive Turkey. Along with providing a higher-quality alternative to the beef-dominated food truck scene, Jive Turkey also intends to invest in several philanthropic initiatives, such as donating food to unhoused individuals.

“Growing up, I realized what a privilege it was to be able to gather around the table with my family and enjoy my mom’s warm, home-cooked meals,” said Deandre Moore. “As a newer member of the Austin community, I’m grateful to bring those same staples to Austin’s talented food truck scene, while hopefully bringing people together in the process.”

Jive Turkey currently has three menu options, priced at $15 each. Choices include the Jive Burger (a turkey burger with iceberg lettuce, tomato, red onion, cheese, ketchup, mayo and mustard), the Jive Turkey (a Thanksgiving-inspired cornbread bowl with slow-roasted turkey, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese, all of which is topped with gravy and a side of cranberry sauce) and the OJ Jive (a deep-fried turkey taco with iceberg lettuce and cheddar cheese – the meal that first inspired Deandre’s vision for Jive Turkey). Currently, specialty offerings include a nostalgic, three-flavor cup of Kool-Aid and peach Jell-O topped with whipped cream. Additional and seasonal menu items will be announced at a later date.

“Upon hearing about Deandre’s innovative idea that’s intertwined with his upbringing, we knew we had to help him bring Jive Turkey to the Austin culinary scene,” said Nick Shuley, founder of Clark Field Creative.

“Our goal is to help student-athletes make powerful business concepts a reality, especially when they’re going to impact the community in a positive way.”

The food trailer is currently open six days a week. Hours of operation are 5 p.m. to midnight on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Friday and Saturday; and noon to 8 p.m. on Sunday.
For more information on Jive Turkey, please visit jiveturkeyatx.com and follow along on Instagram at @jiveturkeyatx.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 12:54 PM, Kdub said:

I know fuck all about NIL, don't they have contracts and such? As long as the player hold up their end, can they do that?

NIL contracts have deliverables, or at least they should. Many contracts are, by design, month to month. You know, so someone doesn't take an up front payment and then bolt to the portal one month later. 

Utah collective outfits every Ute football player with Dodge Ram

Today in "NIL is ruining college football."

ZACH BARNETT      1 HOUR AGO

"Each Utah player will receive a truck as part of a rolling 6-month contract that will expire upon the completion of a player's eligibility or be canceled in the event of a transfer. "

https://footballscoop.com/news/utah-nil-collective-every-ute-football-player-dodge-ram-truck

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Utah collective outfits every Ute football player with Dodge Ram

Today in "NIL is ruining college football."

ZACH BARNETT      1 HOUR AGO

"Each Utah player will receive a truck as part of a rolling 6-month contract that will expire upon the completion of a player's eligibility or be canceled in the event of a transfer. "

https://footballscoop.com/news/utah-nil-collective-every-ute-football-player-dodge-ram-truck

That's cool. Maybe Elon will hand out cybertrucks. It would be good press, at least

• Haha 1

Just now, satyanash said:

I guess I'd need to think about it more, but at first glance, this would be ideal. It would immediately lead to UT having access to far more money than we're able to corral in TOF. Now, if the NCAA were dumb enough to try to instill caps or something, well, that would just take things right back to the olden days in which a defined amount of money was available for non-cheating schools and then the cheaters would just blow past that offsite. 

46 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I guess I'd need to think about it more, but at first glance, this would be ideal. It would immediately lead to UT having access to far more money than we're able to corral in TOF. Now, if the NCAA were dumb enough to try to instill caps or something, well, that would just take things right back to the olden days in which a defined amount of money was available for non-cheating schools and then the cheaters would just blow past that offsite. 

After everything that's gone down, I can't imagine the courts would let them regulate non-collective NIL income for a student athlete. Sorry Caleb Williams, you can't earn money for that Wendy's commercial but here's the same amount of money your backup guard is getting from the collective. 

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen
  • Hook 'Em 1