Predict your Republican neighbor's rationalization of the 7 hours of missing calls on Trumps Jan 6th Insurrection Afternoon?

horn4life

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

In your world. In my world, tribalism manifesting itself in belittling others makes me roll my eyes and walk away. It’s the entire reason I’m apolitical because you see it on both sides. Given my disgust and apparent blissful ignorance, you could have a better recruitment effort, but that wouldn’t be entertaining, would it?

Congratulations - you're the end product of what trump and ted cruz want by making politics so goddamn acrimonious. Those fascistic leaders WANT you to feel icky and gross anytime politics comes up so that you WILL ignore it and leave them alone to build kiddie koncentration kamps on the border, or to enable a trillion dollars of fraud through PPP, or to beg for help from papa putin.

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

Really?  Because I actively CHOOSE to stay away?

16 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Yes. Choosing to "let it ride" is tacitly cosigning everything that's happening. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Continuing to call it an insurrection doesn't make it one. The bottom line is this: Nobody gives a fuck and has forgotten about it, except for leftists hoping to score political points. 

You should be swinging next to Trump, Stone, Meadows, Eastman, Cruz and the rest of the fucking traitors. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Continuing to call it an insurrection doesn't make it one. The bottom line is this: Nobody gives a fuck and has forgotten about it, except for leftists hoping to score political points. 

Thanks for providing an answer.
  • Like 2

I also wish we would quit calling it an "insurrection."

In my mind an insurrection has some element of righteousness to it. "Custer rode off to his death attempting to put down a Sioux insurrection."

"A years' long slave insurrection on the island of Saint-Domingue ended when the former slaves ousted their French former masters and created the Republic of Haiti."

January 6 was not anything like that. It's becoming more and more obvious that if this happened in any other nation we would call it a failed coup, but that makes us sound sooooo trashy and Banana Republic we won't cop to it. But that is what it was. Q Shaman was no Sitting Bull and Jenna Ryan no Toussaint L'Ouverture but simply rabble roused to idiotic action by seditious words by their leader. Who should be convicted of sedition and sentenced to 20 years in Lewisburg prison...As much as I would love to see him twitching at the long end of a rope, I think sedition is the better case, and it removes him from public life forever.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

On 3/31/2022 at 4:44 PM, Porterhouse said:

The military loves Trump

The occasional random looner might, but the entire war/intelligence industry was scared shitless what dotard might do and they were prepared to resist him to the point of disobeying his direct orders.  You may recall Gina's visit to Mitch's office on 10 November 20.  The magat cult was given a warning never before delivered from the Classified side of town.  And they still went forward with 1/6.  The military response in the days that followed was unprecedented and will be overshadowed when DC is put on lockdown on 6 jan 25.

On 3/31/2022 at 5:06 PM, Porterhouse said:

Yes, the military does support Trump, by and large. I’m talking about relative to Obama or Biden. Not Bush. 

You're still mistaken no matter how many qualifiers you add.   How did you miss what the Pentagon Brass said during November and December of 2020?   Is it possible your algorithm and your newspeak had an embargo on this data?

I also wish we would quit calling it an "insurrection."
In my mind an insurrection has some element of righteousness to it. "Custer rode off to his death attempting to put down a Sioux insurrection."
"A years' long slave insurrection on the island of Saint-Domingue ended when the former slaves ousted their French former masters and created the Republic of Haiti."
January 6 was not anything like that. It's becoming more and more obvious that if this happened in any other nation we would call it a failed coup, but that makes us sound sooooo trashy and Banana Republic we won't cop to it. But that is what it was. Q Shaman was no Sitting Bull and Jenna Ryan no Toussaint L'Ouverture but simply rabble roused to idiotic action by seditious words by their leader. Who should be convicted of sedition and sentenced to 20 years in Lewisburg prison...As much as I would love to see him twitching at the long end of a rope, I think sedition is the better case, and it removes him from public life forever.

Distant relative of Cromwell?
  • Haha 1

A buddy of mine answered OP’s question thusly:

..:

Jesus is coming soon so…
A) nothing you can show me will change my mind
B) I am confident to the point of arrogance that Jesus will not find me wanting
C) it’s too late 
D) nothing matters
E) all of the above

Went to Houston this weekend to hang out with the Trumpy Golf Folks at a Crawfish boil celebrating a Birthday.  As usual I never bring up politics and wisely my BIL did not do so, except apparently after I was out of earshot. Proclaiming he was glad I did not being up Biden in this group.  Funny thing is, HE is the one who always brings up politics.

It would have been the dumbest fucking thing he or any of them could have done this weekend.  I was ready with a wad of cash in my wallet to get fat on arrogant stupidity. I never need to start it, because I simply use FACTS until the stupid either get angry and walk away or disagree that facts are facts.  Using the "your facts" rationalization.  It's hard as shit to argue with somebody who is both smarter, and much better factually informed than you. Which is where every Trump supporter finds themselves when talking to me.

I was glad it was just young bucks trying to match wits with me.  Always fun to see the guy who thought they "had me" sheepishly grasping for a comeback as their friends are bent over in laughter at my turning their "quickness" back on them twice as fast as they can come up with counters.  Much more fun than forceing folks to realize they lack a LOT of factual information.  But it is sad to think that otherwise seeming normally people have been so thoroughly indoctrinated with false propaganda, to where they no longer are aware of so much factual information.

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Went to Houston this weekend to hang out with the Trumpy Golf Folks at a Crawfish boil celebrating a Birthday.  As usual I never bring up politics and wisely my BIL did not do so, except apparently after I was out of earshot. Proclaiming he was glad I did not being up Biden in this group.  Funny thing is, HE is the one who always brings up politics.

It would have been the dumbest fucking thing he or any of them could have done this weekend.  I was ready with a wad of cash in my wallet to get fat on arrogant stupidity. I never need to start it, because I simply use FACTS until the stupid either get angry and walk away or disagree that facts are facts.  Using the "your facts" rationalization.  It's hard as shit to argue with somebody who is both smarter, and much better factually informed than you. Which is where every Trump supporter finds themselves when talking to me.

I was glad it was just young bucks trying to match wits with me.  Always fun to see the guy who thought they "had me" sheepishly grasping for a comeback as their friends are bent over in laughter at my turning their "quickness" back on them twice as fast as they can come up with counters.  Much more fun than forceing folks to realize they lack a LOT of factual information.  But it is sad to think that otherwise seeming normally people have been so thoroughly indoctrinated with false propaganda, to where they no longer are aware of so much factual information.

Narrator: and then he awoke from his daily afternoon nap with a dribble of cold cum in his underwear.

• Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

^
Sounds like a nice little Saturday.  Were you gonna go to Home Depot but there wasn't enough time?  ;)  

Daughter had outdoor movie night at her elementary school and she hung all the way until 10:00p with a total meltdown.  That was a big win for considering she's still just 6 and the movie was geared towards the older students.  Did house projects on Saturday but watched some baseball and hoops as you did.  Wanted to take her fishing real quick but it was already too damn warm. Sunday, took them to the kite festival.  First 20 minutes was a total drag, no wind, girls were salty.  And then like magic, the wind blew perfectly.  Oldest was so proud she got her new squid/octopus/whatever kite probably 200' in the air....took a solid 3-4 minutes to reel it in when it was time to go home for lunch.  Best part was her squid thing was the only orange one out there and prbobably 10-15 red squids.  And the one kite we got tangled with (she did a great job steering), was a red squid and instead of getting upset she laughed it off like it was funny they were trying to make friends.  Came home and switched out our youngest's crib bed to a toddler bed since she's finally past 36" tall (she's been very petite for her age, sometimes alarmingly so).  So it was a good day.  

After they went to bed, wife went to wash and blowdry her hair.  While she did that, I logged back into my the canteen accounts of two reliable hispanic men that my uncle did a stretch with back in Illinois.  Put $100 in each of their accounts for sundries and periodicals.  I expect insurrectionist traitor Devlyn Thompson to be shitting blood by the end of the week (they like to throw kidney punches, it's easier to get away with on camera).  Again.  Half the country may have forgotten, but me and Devlyn sure as fuck haven't.  

Edited by Lobo