Final Four

A-Tex Devil

I kind of disagree with Kenny and Grant saying this game was bigger than Duke beating UNLV in that Final Four. That UNLV team beat Duke in the title game the year before by 30 points. UNLV was on the way towards all-time great team status until Duke beat them. That game was monumental.

I think bigger than this, even with it being the final game for King Rat.

That said, this was a great game but, if Kansas beats up on UNC this game loses a bit of luster, historically. In the rivalry it will be an all-timer.

• Hook 'Em 3

Is it possible to give negative shits?  Like I fall on my own pile of it, whereupon it goes back up in my colon?  Once the hotline at nasa confirmed there was no asteroid on their scopes…I stopped caring.  

Between rat face, Dickie V crowing about Duke bayyybee, and all the low key words on K being a bit of a miserable prick…fuck it, guess I’m glad UNC won.  Yay Kansas?

Obviously I’m posting here, mostly lamenting the blue blood F4 after such an epic undercard of a tournament.  

Edited by Homercles
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I kind of disagree with Kenny and Grant saying this game was bigger than Duke beating UNLV in that Final Four. That UNLV team beat Duke in the title game the year before by 30 points. UNLV was on the way towards all-time great team status until Duke beat them. That game was monumental.

That said, this was a great game but, if Kansas beats up on UNC this game loses a bit of luster, historically. In the rivalry it will be an all-timer.

And, I think UNLV had won 45, or 47, consecutive games, one of the longest winning streaks in history. That game put Duke back on the map and was the beginning of it all, as far as results go for K.

Yes, the Bilas class saved King Rat’s coaching career at Duke but, the team that beat UNLV accomplished so much more than this year’s team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Loves made some nba like layups this half

That one that he did where he like stayed in the air for like 10 seconds and did something with his left hand and then flicked it with his I guess right hand from about 10 ft from the basket and like it went in and shit.

Yeah, that was fucking cool.

To note, I'm waaaaaay fucked up right now if you couldn't guess.

56 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm sure Coach K is a nice enough guy in real life.  Don't know, don't care.  But I am so fucking sick and tire of Duke Basketball.  

KAN-UNC is a blueblood matchup I can enjoy Monday night.  Let's get some drinks.  

Fuck both KU and UNC.  Today was the second time ever I may have half assed rooted for UNC, only other time was the second round of the 1990 tournament when they beat OU in the Drum.  I can't think of a single time in my 49 years I've ever rooted for Kansas.  Fuck them.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I completely disagree with them. That unlv team may be the best college team ever. /csb vern Harris,  the ref, has personally told me it's the best team he's ever reffed /csb....I dont think LJ and the boys were on the take to actually lose,  but no question they were letting Duke cover. Then it got out of hand. Then the hot tub photos. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, pops said:

I completely disagree with them. That unlv team may be the best college team ever. /csb vern Harris,  the ref, has personally told me it's the best team he's ever reffed /csb....I dont think LJ and the boys were on the take to actually lose,  but no question they were letting Duke cover. Then it got out of hand. Then the hot tub photos. 

/csb...attended that Final Four with my best friend (who was going through a hypochondriac phase at the time).  Midway through the KU/UNC game, he announces he's sick and has to go back to the hotel.  I say "WTF", can't talk him out of it, and tell him to take a cab, as I'm taking the car.  Duke/UNLV game ends, and I go over to the Purple Parrot and proceed to get hammered with the raucous crowd.  Two cutie Kentucky fans chatted me up and things were going swimmingly until I told them my buddy went home sick and I made him take a cab.  They cooled considerably after that.  We made plans to meet up the next day, but of course they never showed.

Walking to the car late night on a desolate street when across the way five black youths, who were not happy, yelled "I'm going kick the ass of the first white person I see".  Being drunk, I said, "whoa, whoa, now" and they jogged across the street to greet me.  One asked, "Who did you go for" and I honestly replied with conviction, "UNLV", which was true.  Anyway we walked and chatted a bit, they asked me how the fuck UNLV lost and I had no clue, and parted amigos.  My parting words were, "be careful".  With the wisdom of age,  I've sometimes wondered how lucky I was that night.../csb

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

people forget that team with Kendall Gill.  That Michigan - Illini 1989 FF game was just stacked with mature NBA bound players, maybe the most ever in a FF. 

The announcers were freaking out about 17 lead changes last night or whatever it was (and it was a great game), but the Illini Michigan game had 33 lead changes!  Incredible

https://apnews.com/article/cb4bc4de681372f0290008b137a47361

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

people forget that team with Kendall Gill.  That Michigan - Illini 1989 FF game was just stacked with mature NBA bound players, maybe the most ever in a FF. 

1982 with Jordan, Worthy, Perkins UNC. Phi Slamma Jamma and Ewing’s Georgetown team says hi. 

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

13 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That’s a dumb take by Kenny and Grant. Duke was a #2 seed while UNLV was one of the all time greatest teams. 

I can't imagine how giddy I would be if I were a Carolina fan. It's just the ultimate fuck you /schadenfreude win. I'm not even that into college basketball per se, but given the specifics of the history/rivalry, the finality of K's career, the back drop off the final four and their first tournament game ever against each other, Hubert Davis as a first year coach and Carolina coming in to the tourney as essentially a bubble team, I can't imagine a bigger fuck you to Duke. 

Duke and K spent their entire basketball existence to overcome Dean Smith and his death grip on every aspect of the ACC. And fuck if K didn't outlast him and finally, truly, they surpassed UNC over the last several years. They just had all that taken away in one night, by an 8 seed with a coach in his first year and in the fucking final four, in just about the most excruciating way possible. I can't recall a bigger walk off, drop the mic, fuck you win in sports. Someone mentioned the final a&m game, but that game would have only compared if the winner would have gone on to play in the title game instead of two middling teams playing just for pride. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1