2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

38 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Y'all are overreacting about Maton. He is top ten percent in avg exit velo and hard hit % and his fastball and curve spin rates are top 5%. I expect his results to improve.

He's a JAG, because when he's not spinning it at an elite level, his stuff gets hit out of the park and this year he's not even striking anyone out.

41 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I want to heart/horns up this post, but then you had to throw in Graveman’s name.

it was more of a dig at the white sox, who are a joke.

yet another al team for the pundits to get excited about and preseason rank above the stros.  yawn.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

it was more of a dig at the white sox, who are a joke.

yet another al team for the pundits to get excited about and preseason rank above the stros.  yawn.

I have to laugh at all the money the Angels and White Sox put into their bullpens only for their managers to mismanage them into complete clusterfucks.

Edited by HtownHorn

it seems bizarre and ridiculous that the decline of a player's performance can be traced precisely to one weird non-injury, non-baseball related play.
but here we are.

I’m late to this party, but he hit .167 with 1 RBI in the ALCS before that WS embarrassment; which is part of what made it so obnoxious.
  • Hook 'Em 1

In recognition of the press conference, my favorite Yordan moment is from August 2019, which was Greinke’s first start after the blockbuster deadline trade.

Huge sellout crowd for a weeknight game, buzzing loud right out of the gate for the postseason hype….and Yordan blasts a bomb in his first AB so loud it actually made the crowd briefly gasp before cheering, almost like a gunshot or mortar round had gone off. That is always my go-to for what it means to truly “kill” a baseball.

Congrats, big man, on the extension…we are extremely fortunate to have you in Houston for years to come.

Also as an aside: Interesting to see Mike Trout instantly go into an 0-26 the moment the Angels are in playoff contention…yet he would still out-tally Yordan by 3-1 margin if MVP media voting was today; simply laughable.