2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

8 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

does anyone else watch on mlb.tv like i do?  i've had a really long day and the commercials i'm getting on this feed are driving me a special kind of crazy tonight holy shit.

are they regional?  i go back and forth between whether the actual commercials or the mlb ones are worse, but they're both bad and repeat over and over and over again and i feel like there's nobody i can talk to about it.

hey, jv with 11k.

I can't fucking watch it.  I am in market.  600 miles from Houston...and I am in fucking market.   Fuck those putos.

12 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

does anyone else watch on mlb.tv like i do?  i've had a really long day and the commercials i'm getting on this feed are driving me a special kind of crazy tonight holy shit.

are they regional?  i go back and forth between whether the actual commercials or the mlb ones are worse, but they're both bad and repeat over and over and over again and i feel like there's nobody i can talk to about it.

hey, jv with 11k.

you are not alone my friend. MLB TV commercial breaks make me stabby.

What I especially dislike is having to watch the stupid commercials on my pc even on archived replays. I can jump ahead or back in the game action but if my cursor lands on a commercial break of that broadcast, I have to sit through the whole damn ad break before picking up the game action. Does anyone else have this issue?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

NordVPN is your friend. You are no longer in any market.

Oh I have a solution.  Lol.  I was trying to do the right thing and we did a 1 week trial.  That’s when I figured out the black out thingy, even though I have zero access to Houston local channels.  

Fuck em. 

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

NordVPN is your friend. You are no longer in any market.

I tried the NordVPN path last year when I first moved into an Astros market area.  I connected  via NordVPN, but could not figure out how to get around the requirement to have location services enabled in the app.  I caved and went to DIRECTV Stream with the regional sports package. 

14 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

hey, jv with 11k.

If you like these commercials, you’re going to LOVE Coke Zero and Blue Bell commercials on the radio broadcast.

(And yes, I just realized those fuckers just got a brand impression from me. Fuckers.)

23 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

starting to see wilson conteras chatter.

throw in lee and lock him up. we have pieces : lee, valdez (2nd at cc), Matijevic, leon, chas or meyer, urquidy, lot of young arms

get him before the yankees do

Corey Julks, Nick Hernandez are two good trade pieces we can throw in here 

8 hours ago, slorch said:

I can't fucking watch it.  I am in market.  600 miles from Houston...and I am in fucking market.   Fuck those putos.

We live 80 miles from Minute Maid Park and we get the Rangers on cable instead of the Astros

Edited by dr99

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

i thought it was only available on directv ?

A few more than that, but yeah, pretty weak. ( Entouch is still around lololol. I remember when my shitty apt complex force that shit down my throat as the only cable option when I lived in Houston in the mid-00s).

It’s the ridiculous MLB blackout rules that need to change (which are driven by dinosaurs like AT&T Sportsnet trying to force people to maintain a cable/satellite subscription in a streaming world).

3CEA5634-DAD3-4623-8057-E0F054B945D9.thumb.jpeg.7210e6a25ebb297686ad56fb0d2caab2.jpeg

Edited by UTexasFight

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Just got an email to vote for our boys for the ASG at dodger stadium.

the thought of the boos raining down on Yordan in that stadium has me feeling mighty schadenfreude-y.

Yordan and Tucker (and Pena) probably wouldn’t get it too bad.

Then again, there are a bunch of goddamned imbeciles. 

21 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Yordan and Tucker (and Pena) probably wouldn’t get it too bad.

Then again, there are a bunch of goddamned imbeciles. 

Right and agreed

but they still will. And only Yordan will have the boos directed at the jersey he’s wearing when they should be directed at the host team’s front office 

I realize one of these guys bats leadoff and has hit quite a few of his dingers to open games. But still...have any two teammates besides Alvarez and Altuve ever had 28 combined HRs with only 55 RBIs at this time of the season? That's mighty low run production for such a solid power display. 

Edit: Make that 56 RBIs. 

Edited by Gut Wagon

31 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Yep. It will be fun to see the fan’s struggle with their emotions between their hate for him as a Giants and Astros manager and love for him as a Dodgers player. 

Lulz.

as if more than 10% of dodger fans know Dusty played the prime of his career with them 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I realize one of these guys bats leadoff and has hit quite a few of his dingers to open games. But still...have any two teammates besides Alvarez and Altuve ever had 28 combined HRs with only 55 RBIs at this time of the season? That's mighty low run production for such a solid power display. 

Edit: Make that 56 RBIs. 

joey gallo had 5 homers and 7 rbi about a week ago.  i think it's up to 6 and 10 now.

28 homers and 56 rbi doesn't sound weird to me, especially considering one of them is hitting leadoff 1-2 spots after machete.