2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

11 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

It would be nice to find some catchers who would bring us out of the worst batting average of all team’s catcher position in MLB history. 

I thought this was hyperbole, so I looked up our production from the catcher spot in 2022.

Holy dogshit.

.127/.209/.222; 29 wRC+; -1 fWAR (and that’s with a positive defensive rating).

I mean dear fucking lord.

But not to worry - Korey Lee has a 56 wRC+ in AAA. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

where’d you park ?

We used the Hamilton St exit and hit the second lot under the freeway.  If you've been there real recent, they have a haus up on beams to move.  We were right there.  So here's the break down.  We left in the beginning of the 7th as we were going through the parking lot I hit the fob to get a light blink to give us an assist on where I parked.  So we got there and one of the passenger side windows is busted.  OK, well what's missing?  Basically, nothing.  Her purse with CC and other important shit is still under her seat.  She keeps her passport in glove box.  Yep, still there.  So we think by leaving early and hitting the fob we must have scared the thug off.  Part 2, she drives a black suburban, kinda looks like the FBI.  Parked in our immediate vicinity was a Camaro ZL1, 2 or 3 F250s, an Audi and 1 Silverado 2500HD.  I would think the possibility of a firearm would have been better in one of the trucks.  Who knows how a theif thinks.  I wish  now I would have looked to see if any other vehicles had been broke into.  Certainly, could have been worse.  

6 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I thought this was hyperbole, so I looked up our production from the catcher spot in 2022.

Holy dogshit.

.127/.209/.222; 29 wRC+; -1 fWAR (and that’s with a positive defensive rating).

I mean dear fucking lord.

But not to worry - Korey Lee has a 56 wRC+ in AAA. 

Luke Berryhill has a 127 wRC+ in AA.

7 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

We used the Hamilton St exit and hit the second lot under the freeway.  If you've been there real recent, they have a haus up on beams to move.  We were right there.  So here's the break down.  We left in the beginning of the 7th as we were going through the parking lot I hit the fob to get a light blink to give us an assist on where I parked.  So we got there and one of the passenger side windows is busted.  OK, well what's missing?  Basically, nothing.  Her purse with CC and other important shit is still under her seat.  She keeps her passport in glove box.  Yep, still there.  So we think by leaving early and hitting the fob we must have scared the thug off.  Part 2, she drives a black suburban, kinda looks like the FBI.  Parked in our immediate vicinity was a Camaro ZL1, 2 or 3 F250s, an Audi and 1 Silverado 2500HD.  I would think the possibility of a firearm would have been better in one of the trucks.  Who knows how a theif thinks.  I wish  now I would have looked to see if any other vehicles had been broke into.  Certainly, could have been worse.  

id park in the lot by 1820 lounge next time. Maybe your light flick scared them off. And it’s crazy keeping all that in a park car in Houston. Ton of homeless around that lot

Edited by tx 3 putt

29 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Our division is so bad I can't get a really good feel for this team.

Are we pretty good or just OK?

I think this is a 85-90 win team. So, pretty good. Not a bad team, certainly not a special team. Probably good enough to win this division. I think over the remaining 2/3 of the season, we’ll see the pitching get a little worse (I think Garcia, Urquidy and Javier and pretty average, I don’t expect LMJ back this year, etc) and the offense get a little better (Bregman should be better, Meyers may give a little boost, maybe they get a 1B).