2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

20 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Astros entered the game with a .607 win%. That’s a 98-win pace. This is not a 98-win team. We are in the midst of a record correction. I think this is an 85-90 win team (.525-.555). So I’d expect the curve to continue to inch downward a little and then stabilize over time (winning % by game, 2022):

4F6A06F1-6451-47AF-B0C7-9D038787E7A6.jpeg.db2c7ace3964e7eaa3d52029d4f5b92b.jpeg

The 9 games of New York could be the record correction.  Could easily go 3-6 or worse with the way the Astros are playing vs. both New York teams.

43 minutes ago, maninblack said:

If Yordan and Altuve are lifers I honestly see both those records falling. 
No way on Bergman over any extended period of time. The fact that he got almost zero HOF consideration is just stupid. 
the strikeout deal doesn’t seem like a big thing in todays era of swing and miss. Seems more like a “whose going to be a starting pitcher for 10 or 12 years with us” more than anything else. 

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If Yordan and Altuve are lifers I honestly see both those records falling. 
No way on Bergman over any extended period of time. The fact that he got almost zero HOF consideration is just stupid. 
the strikeout deal doesn’t seem like a big thing in todays era of swing and miss. Seems more like a “whose going to be a starting pitcher for 10 or 12 years with us” more than anything else. 

Altuve has 1829 hits, meaning that he’s 1231 hits away from Biggio. Throwing out the Covid season, he’s averaged about 162 hits/year over the last 3 (‘18, ‘19, ‘21).

So, he’d need to keep up that pace for another 7.5 years to get there. That takes him to age 39, and that’s assuming he doesn’t slow down.

I hope he gets there, but I’d bet the under.

Yordan has 78 HR, so 371 behind Bagwell. If he averages 35 HR/year for the next 11 years he’d pass Bagwell. That takes him to age 36. He’s never actually hit 35 HR in a year though, so let’s give him 30/year. Then it takes him a little over 12 years, meaning he’d have to average 30 through age 37.

If I had to bet on one or the other, I’d probably bet on Yordan. But the odds are against either of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Altuve has 1829 hits, meaning that he’s 1231 hits away from Biggio. Throwing out the Covid season, he’s averaged about 162 hits/year over the last 3 (‘18, ‘19, ‘21).
So, he’d need to keep up that pace for another 7.5 years to get there. That takes him to age 39, and that’s assuming he doesn’t slow down.
Yordan has 78 HR, so 371 behind Bagwell. If he averages 35 HR/year for the next 11 years he’d pass Bagwell. That takes him to age 36. He’s never actually hit 35 HR in a year though, so let’s give him 30/year. Then it takes him a little over 12 years, meaning he’d have to average 30 through age 37.
If I had to bet on one or the other, I’d probably bet on Yordan. But the odds are against either of them. 
Problem is i dont see Yordan being in an Astros uni when he is 37. In his career he may pass bagwell, but i am not counting on it being in an Astros uniform.

Thats why the .ops one has highest chance in my eyes. If he leaves after 2028 and has it then its his. Whatever he does in the twilight of his career doesn't have an impact. But that's really the determination is if you think Yordan will be a lifer or gone.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Odds?  Don't tell me the odds.  What I hear you saying is layup.  And after this year you are going to have to change that to- Yordan's never hit 53 HR's for us yet!

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

welp, no Jake this season 

Thats not what that means.  He was moved only to make roster spot. He still has to get timing etc. down so it was gonna be another month anyway at earliest, but he is eligible to come off already because it was retro to April 7th 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Thats not what that means.  He was moved only to make roster spot. He still has to get timing etc. down so it was gonna be another month anyway at earliest, but he is eligible to come off already because it was retro to April 7th 

Plus there is a high probability that a roster spot or 2 come open between now and the trade deadline 

21 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

welp, no Jake this season 

19 minutes ago, Scraps said: