2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Yankees, Red Sox and Cleveland are on fire. Hopefully we’ve turned the corner 

Cleveland has played a pretty shitty schedule. They are stepping up in weight class big time the next couple weeks. If they go 500 during the next two weeks  I will take them seriously as a playoff contender. I expect them to go like 5-12 in their next 3 weeks or so. 

25 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Well, we have played a pretty schedule and will get tested v. the NYs soon enough.

This is true.  We also have an almost decade long track record of being a good team and are performing about how we were expected to, whereas it's highly likely they suck.  I'm betting on pedigree here. 

46 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I've heard enough.  Start planning the Cy Young acceptance speech for 2023.  Pena probably has a little too much of a head start for ROY with Forrest. 

On a serious note- I would love to hear a report on his stuff. Number in complex league games where you are just getting your feet wet obviously have no importance to if he's actually back and retained his stuff. 

35 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

On a serious note- I would love to hear a report on his stuff. Number in complex league games where you are just getting your feet wet obviously have no importance to if he's actually back and retained his stuff. 

retained or obtained?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

We will find out soon. After the White Sox, 9 games against the Yankees and Mets. 3-6 or worse and Click needs to make major changes.

Does it really matter if we got 3-6 or 5-4? we are winning the division and need to make ourselves as good as we can for the playoff run regardless of any stretch in June I would think. Anything that's done in the Regular season should have that as the sole angle.  

20 minutes ago, WBT said:

retained or obtained?

re-established. His stuff was awesome in 2018 or 2019 from all accounts.  Then it tailed off, his control was bad, he snorted lots of coke- whatever- then TJ surgery.  Whatever word you want to use to- does this guy have the filthy stuff that made him the top pitching prospect in all of baseball or not, b/c he once had it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

We will find out soon. After the White Sox, 9 games against the Yankees and Mets. 3-6 or worse and Click needs to make major changes.

if we go 6-3 we still need some offensive upgrades at the deadline.  the braves gave everybody a roadmap last year for what can happen without giving up too much.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

if we go 6-3 we still need some offensive upgrades at the deadline.  the braves gave everybody a roadmap last year for what can happen without giving up too much.

Alternatively, the Braves provided a roadmap to sellers to not undervalue what they have.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

Yes. It’s always been the way that bats in walk years just aren’t that expensive. 

2 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Alternatively, the Braves provided a roadmap to sellers to not undervalue what they have.  

You are going to sell the highest bid at market. There’s no benefit for a team going nowhere to hold onto a guy and pay them to help them finish with a worse draft pick and to get nothing in return. 

As predicted, Stark was all over the double immaculation.  He had Greg Stoll calculate:

The odds of the same team throwing two immaculate innings in the same game? They would be 1 in 7.47 million.

• But the odds of the same team throwing two immaculate innings in the same game against the same three hitters? Now you’ve got some decimal points spinning. Those odds would be 1 in 67.2 million.

• Or, to put this in terms we can more easily relate to, this should happen once every 27,670 seasons. But it happened Wednesday, in this Weird and Wild season, before our very eyes.

14 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Lol...i don't mind Hannah Keyser on that mlb bullshit show where the hip kids sit around and bullshit on mlbnetwork because it is what it is. I do mind her calling baseball games

She’s not terrible. Katie Nolan is terrible 

Edited by TonyTexas