2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Bobby Witt Jr., is putting on a fucking full on prospect show this game so far. Good piece of hitting the other way to get the single and score the run, just an absolute bomb, and then that defensive play was pretty special. Throwing from behind the bag, flat footer, to get Bregman was pretty great play. I think it surprised Alex that the ball beat him to the bag. 
Also, it was almost impossibly unlucky to only get 1 run there in the 4th. My goodness buzzard luck. 
finally, when did the windmill become a pussy not sending Diaz with 2 outs? 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Bobby Witt Jr., is putting on a fucking full on prospect show this game so far. Good piece of hitting the other way to get the single and score the run, just an absolute bomb, and then that defensive play was pretty special. Throwing from behind the bag, flat footer, to get Bregman was pretty great play. I think it surprised Alex that the ball beat him to the bag. 
Also, it was almost impossibly unlucky to only get 1 run there in the 4th. My goodness buzzard luck. 

And that damn tag was pretty nice too. I’m impressed. 

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Diaz was getting gunned down there 90% or pulling a hamstring trying to score

Just now, rvm96 said:

Diaz was getting gunned down there 90% or pulling a hamstring trying to score

90%?  Never tell me the odds. 
Once upon a time windmill wouldn’t have blinked at having a guy thrown out by 20 feet with 2 outs and Maldy due up. 
I liked that windmill the best. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

90%?  Never tell me the odds. 
Once upon a time windmill wouldn’t have blinked at having a guy thrown out by 20 feet with 2 outs and Maldy due up. 
I liked that windmill the best. 

He knew Maldy was due for a Jedi mind trick walk

The more times I see the replay of Ward getting backpicked the more wtf it is.  No one had called time but even if they had, he thinks Altuve is just going to throw the ball to him?  When have you ever seen someone throw the ball to a baserunner, just fooling around?