2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I fucking hate him. I don’t freak out when Presley  blows a game. 
I don’t freak out when someone goes 0-20. But every time Maton comes in the game I get mad and pissed that that fucker is on the mound. He sucks. His stuff is fine but he’s a pussy. Or a head case. Or I don’t know. But I hate him. 
And yes, I recognize that he was fucking awesome last year in the playoffs. But other than that his entire career is him shitting the bed. Fuck that guy- trade him for a 35 and 40 prospect or a couple complex league guys and move the hell on. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Stanek and Maton just aren't guys you bring into games after the 7th inning. You need guys that throw strikes and neither do it consistently. 

Fuck yeah, Pena with the defensive gem to save the game. Silence in the stadium. That's why he will be above average once he figures out the league and slows down the mind.

• Like 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Stanek and Maton just aren't guys you bring into games after the 7th inning. You need guys that throw strikes and neither do it consistently. 

Fuck yeah, Pena with the defensive gem to save the game. Silence in the stadium. That's why he will be above average once he figures out the league and slows down the mind.

Stanek imo has actually been solid this season 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t freak out when someone goes 0-20. But every time Maton comes in the game I get mad and pissed that that fucker is on the mound. He sucks. His stuff is fine but he’s a pussy. Or a head case. Or I don’t know. But I hate him. 
And yes, I recognize that he was fucking awesome last year in the playoffs. But other than that his entire career is him shitting the bed. Fuck that guy- trade him for a 35 and 40 prospect or a couple complex league guys and move the hell on. 

I’m sensing that you are not a fan of Maton . Just a hunch. I concur. Dude cannot be a part of playoff rotation.
  • Haha 1

I’m sensing that you are not a fan of Maton . Just a hunch. I concur. Dude cannot be a part of playoff rotation.

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

If you have a Maton in your bullpen, at some random point Baker will pitch him. And then pitch him again. And again. The best solution is to put him in someone else's bullpen. 

Do the Dodgers have a slightly undervalued Cuban?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1