2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Props to Urquidy, pitched his ass off.

Urquidy has pitched to a 2.58 era in the last 7 starts, but HRs continue to plague him. He's given up 6 during that streak.

However, he's only allowing a .523 OPS, a .165 BAbip, and a 3.4 SO/BB ratio. He came into the streak with a season high 5.04 era and has now lowered it to 3.93.

Urquidy has been pitching his ass off for over a month now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Urquidy has pitched to a 2.58 era in the last 7 starts, but HRs continue to plague him. He's given up 6 during that streak.

However, he's only allowing a .523 OPS, a .165 BAbip, and a 3.4 SO/BB ratio. He came into the streak with a season high 5.04 era and has now lowered it to 3.93.

Urquidy has been pitching his ass off for over a month now.

and signed with Boras - seeing big money is his future, props to him!

39 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Assuming Castro calls it quits, the organization will only have two catchers on the 40-man roster. 

Eh- it’s not like 40 man spots aren’t created all the time when you need them, but I get your post.  I guess some would say even if Diaz was on the 40 man they’d still only have 2 catchers on the roster. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Eh- it’s not like 40 man spots aren’t created all the time when you need them, but I get your post.  I guess some would say even if Diaz was on the 40 man they’d still only have 2 catchers on the roster. 

Right. Someone also has to come off when LMJ comes back. 

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Right. Someone also has to come off when LMJ comes back. 

As long as we’ve got Goodrum on that bad boy I consider it to be completely and totally open. 

Brown has to be on the 40 man to get rule protection this year, right?  What about Diaz?  Feel like he needs that as well.

11 minutes ago, Gourmand said:
32 minutes ago, BornOrange said:
As long as we don't use Maton for the third game in a row, I'm feeling pretty positive.

Dusty already said he's not available today

I expect to see a healthy dose of Mushinski today. Might as well get some innings out of him before he’s optioned tomorrow when Pressly returns. 

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

This guy hurt his wrist and then did the homerun derby and now he's missing games. You got to give credit to Altuve and Yordan for putting the team first and skipping the all-star crap.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Yeah it was pretty funny watching the MFY fans melt down over it and lament that small ball is not winning baseball during game 1 of the DH.

I'm down with it with fast guys that have a chance at a hit

Also these FS1 commentators need some coffee