2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Seasick Sailor said:

Hopefully ready to go next season somewhere other than Houston.  We don't need to pay that guy 3.5 million to be our 5th highest leverage guy in the bullpen.  But, glad he did that.  If Will Smith could just get his arm caught in a thresher and Dubon could pull a hammy then we'd take all the potential sharp objects away from Dusty.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

“Ex-Astro cheater, Joe Musgrove, was taught to cheat by the cheatingest organization in the history of cheating. If the Padres beat the Dodgers, it will be invalid because of those cheating Astros   “

The Astros taught him how to use his earwax to grip the baseball

the way these series are scheduled, coupled with the wildcard lightning round, weirdly puts a lot of pressure on the home teams with a defined ace.  not as much fried, because atl has several guys, but think of the yankees and cole.  tonight is kind of a must win.  if you lose with cole in a clear g1 mismatch on the mound, then you're facing bieber + mckenzie (one of which on the road) against lesser sp.

yeah, the days off help, and cole could go in g4 on normal rest (on the road) but it really puts a lot of pressure on the home teams and their aces - cole, jv, fried, urias.  atlanta is already down 4-1.  if philly can win and still have their wheeler/nola powder dry, that not only flips homefield, but it flips the sp advantage.

as for seattle - castillo and gilbert scare me more than ray, so we'll see how that goes.  nice that castillo can only really start one game.

Edited by henrygandorf
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Can you please tell me whether the BBQ is actually good? I know Astros twitter is all about it, but I never see that anyone orders just meat and sides. It seems like everything is put into a quesadilla with mac and cheese or ramen or some other shit. 

Ate at the house