2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Roster looks good. Exactly as I expected it would be.  I would have left Dubon off the roster as well just so Dusty had no chance to fuck with it at all and put him in there, but I suppose a note from the owner that said he would be summarily fired if Dubon sets foot on the field absent him being the absolute last person possible to play would also be sufficient.  

Just now, TonyTexas said:

The only change I might make to that roster would be Martinez instead of one of Garcia/Urquidy. 

I get where you are coming from on that, and I wouldn't say you are wrong, but Garcia and Urquidy both give you a little more length.  At any rate, neither Martinez nor Garcia/Urquidy are going to be pitching in any scenario where the Astros aren't way ahead or way behind, so it's probably quibbling about nothing of any real importance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I would have maybe had Martinez over one of Garcia, Urquidy or Dubon but it’s mostly as expected. Martinez just knows his role and has been damn good. 
Alright boys, let’s saddle up and #LevelUp!

and please sweet 10 lb baby Jesus let Gurriel find one more 15 game or so hot streak, Maldonado hit like the last couple months and Mancini hit like his first two weeks here! 🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I get where you are coming from on that, and I wouldn't say you are wrong, but Garcia and Urquidy both give you a little more length.  At any rate, neither Martinez nor Garcia/Urquidy are going to be pitching in any scenario where the Astros aren't way ahead or way behind, so it's probably quibbling about nothing of any real importance. 

I said the same thing about having Martinez and as I was writing it I was thinking he isn’t going to pitch in one inning leverage spots probably and wouldn’t be long role either so I guess Garcia or Urquidy make sense.

1 minute ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I said the same thing about having Martinez and as I was writing it I was thinking he isn’t going to pitch in one inning leverage spots probably and wouldn’t be long role either so I guess Garcia or Urquidy make sense.

He's been really good against RHB.  If Toronto would have won you might have seen him on the roster and you might actually see him pitch to some of their better pockets of RHB in the 4th or 5th inning if the game happened to play out that way.  

• Hook 'Em 1