2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

That was pretty awesome. Sandoval's timely wild pitch made it all possible.

It did … and Santander wasted no time driving in Mountcastle and making Sandoval pay.  They O’s have taken advantage of every opening the last week or so which speaks to 5 one run, 3 walkoff, wins in the streak.  Fun to watch because it’s someone different each game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, VirginiaLonghorn said:

It did … and Santander wasted no time driving in Mountcastle and making Sandoval pay.  They O’s have taken advantage of every opening the last week or so which speaks to 5 one run, 3 walkoff, wins in the streak.  Fun to watch because it’s someone different each game.

Reminds me a bit of that season where they seemed to win every single extra inning game, including one via a Taylor Teagarden homer.

But I am getting ahead of myself. Things always seem magic during a winning streak. On to the next game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Reminds me a bit of that season where they seemed to win every single extra inning game, including one via a Taylor Teagarden homer.

But I am getting ahead of myself. Things always seem magic during a winning streak. On to the next game.

One at a time … it’s a fragile ride considering the age and experience of the guys making many of the contributions.  But, there is finally some light in the tunnel ..

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I used to love the Red Sox.   Then they went and won four World Series in less than 15 years.   

Fuck Boston. A lot of people I’ve met from there are hanging on to that “Whitey Bulger street kid” type and they’re astonishing pussies. Kind of like tech fans. They can dish it out but they can’t fucking take it.

8 hours ago, Fletch said:

Fuck Boston. A lot of people I’ve met from there are hanging on to that “Whitey Bulger street kid” type and they’re astonishing pussies. Kind of like tech fans. They can dish it out but they can’t fucking take it.

LOLz.  Some of the Texas fans on here are the most over-sensitive pussies ever in the world.

But you do you.

We are in agreement on the Whitey Bulger street kid phenomenon.  The rest of the world sees them as douchebags, while they think they are the tough guy from Southie.  Going to Boston or Yankee Stadium has turned into going to aggy.  They think it's intimidating when in reality, it's all you can do to stop from laughing.

Edited by slorch