2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

They slot him in against righties he can elevate & yank into that short porch. 

Yeah I figured it was a handedness thing. I know they have a deep DH. 

Edited by ztejas

Yankees in absolute freefall. Once huge division lead now down to just 12 games. Fucking fuck everything. 

I seriously want to write a letter to Jayson Nix and apologize to him for hating him so much. Joey Gallo is without question the worst professional athlete I have ever seen now. I hate him so fucking much. 4 for his last 55 or whatever the fuck. Dude gets booed walking to & from the plate, and he’s apparently starting to hear some pretty nasty shit from the stands when he’s in the outfield. At home. And he deserves every bit of it. He’s useless and a loser through & through. He has no business playing baseball . /rant

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yankees in absolute freefall. Once huge division lead now down to just 12 games. Fucking fuck everything. 

It’s not a free fall, it’s regression, and it was inevitable. Did you really think this was the best MLB team ever a few weeks ago when they were on a 120-win pace?

• Hook 'Em 2

so back to my usual wonky schedule bitchfest, the dodgers and angels appear to have tomorrow off.  a sunday.  before the all-star break.  an all-star game that's in la.

dodgers play on thursday but the angels don't play until friday, which basically gives them 6 days between games.

none of it affects teams i care about, but what the fuck.  meanwhile the astros and yankees play a double-header on thursday.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

What would you give up for him and why would it be enough?

Volpe, Peraza, and Jasson Dominguez. 3 current top 40 ranked prospects in the MLB is more than enough. All 3 are having good seasons in the minors as well (Volpe in AA, Peraza in AAA, Dominguez in A), so they’ve proven they aren’t just projections.

*Sidenote: 5 Yankees to just 1 Astro on the top 100 prospects list right now. Which one of us just buys players and doesn’t draft or develop anyone again? 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

*Sidenote: 5 Yankees to just 1 Astro on the top 100 prospects list right now. Which one of us just buys players and doesn’t draft or develop anyone again? 

I’m sorry I asked.  It won’t happen again. Back to simply highlighting your idiocy. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Sidenote: 5 Yankees to just 1 Astro on the top 100 prospects list right now. Which one of us just buys players and doesn’t draft or develop anyone again? 

You don’t know what homegrown players refer to, do you?  
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2955651-ranking-all-30-mlb-teams-homegrown-talent-for-the-2022-season.amp.html

37 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Those lists are dumb as hell. They 100% ignore the value that comes from drafting/internationally signing players and developing them into worthy trade pieces in order to acquire major league talent. There’s a ton of value in that. 

34 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

None that any of us would know.  But, he’s gonna get paid wherever he goes.  Maybe he wants to play on a good team of his choosing …

Especially since he watched the Sena … errr … Nationals piss away Scherzer, Rendon, and Turner.  Why stick around that shit show with unknown new owners in the next year or so?

• Like 1

None that any of us would know.  But, he’s gonna get paid wherever he goes.  Maybe he wants to play on a good team of his choosing …

Yeah until he Ruben Mateo’s himself and his career is over before it takes off. Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. And don’t cross the road if you can’t get out of the kitchen

21 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Congrats!  How does your fan base feel about Elias?  

I sense Birds fans are paying attention again.  Elias came from Houston with his analytics guy and said up front they were going in a completely new direction to rebuild the organization from the bottom up … and they’re doing it with success.

The O’s now have one of the highest rated farm systems in baseball.  They've drafted well and have 4 picks (I believe) in the first two rounds of this year’s draft including 1-1.  So far, Elias has been true to his word.

• Hook 'Em 2