2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

I didn’t post this when I saw it because I felt bad. 

An old mother fucker that can’t spell MLB without two letters legitimately posted this... 

On 5/19/2022 at 7:22 PM, TonyTexas said:

Why wouldn’t the infield fly rule apply there?

Here’s the video of the play in question. 

Any baseball ‘fan’ above the age of 11 should know the IF fly rule. TonyTroll is goddamn mother fucking stupid. 

Edited by shadow_operative2.0
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

Give me 129 pitches in the zone vs an MLB pitcher, I could get at least 5 hits, maybe 10 but not more than that. I can completely honestly say I’d be better than Gallo. He’s a fucking embarrassment to the game at this point.

Sure Jan GIF

You can think it’s delusional if you want. I put 95 mph into play once in high school, I believe the fastest one I got an actual hit off of was 90 or 91. I’d probably flail helplessly at the first 50 pitches, but once I was sighted in I’d have a shot. I do suppose the breaking pitches would cause some problems, never seen anything close to what the pros can do in that department.

• Haha 1

Since Wulaw wants to throw stones, this is how fucking stupid he is. 

Literally when I typed- Damn it Derka read the article in my head it was like when you say "Damn it man" in a laughing way like you would to your friend. Because that's what I've always considered you- a friend (on the internet).

Sorry I misread that. I'm not going to be one of those guys that you collect on here that goes around ankle biting you or anything. I'd rather not be called a stupid motherfucker on here, so I'd appreciate a truce where you don't flame me- as I have no interest in getting into anything ugly with you online.  Truly, I'm really really sorry and bothered you feel that way man. 

11 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah then we would go back to last place teams averaging 3,000 or 4,000 fans a game like in 1950.

I’m aware it’s not possible because it doesn’t make financial sense. That doesn’t change the fact that a set of 162 games does a better job of identifying the best teams than a set of 7 games does. 

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Alright, let’s move on. TonyTroll & Wulaw will stay where they belong. 

MLB execs polled on the draft

mlb.com mock

I will call it now -- Elijah Green will be the huge bust of the draft, non-HS pitcher category.  Incredible athletes who just aren't great baseball players are my anti-fetish.  Someone's going to waste a top-10 pick on the next Lewis Brinson/Keon Broxton.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I should post his thousands of words of PMs crying when he thought Derka was no longer his buddy.

yeah, well it's kinda your fault for imitating the derka 2.0 handle that i created for him.  not everyone is laser focused on stupid shit.

on to more fun shit, this is one of my favorites...

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Alright, let’s move on. TonyTroll & Wulaw will stay where they belong. 

Where exactly has the site’s self-appointed  hall monitor determined that we belong? And that comment is funny, coming from someone who tries to satisfy his penis envy by constantly going into other team’s threads. Except the Astros’. He knows he’ll run into Mandingo there. 

I mostly post lineups/transactions/results in the other team’s threads, my nickname isn’t TonyTroll for a reason. You are the fucking stupid fuck that said I was on ignore, but we all know you physically can’t avoid reading every post. 

Also... 

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Any baseball ‘fan’ above the age of 11 should know the IF fly rule. TonyTroll is goddamn mother fucking stupid. 

Every time you post something stupid, I will bump this. 

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Kiley McDaniel on the draft, not ESPN+. 

In another column, Kiley said that Lesko was the best high school pitching prospect he has seen in over a decade before his TJ surgery.

This note on Rocker also made me laugh:

Rocker's final performance Friday was his best: five innings, two hits, no earned runs, one walk, seven strikeouts and 44 strikes on 69 pitches against the Empire State Greys, who are 2-40.

The Greys are now 3-51, a big improvement on their record-breaking start:

Every new team goes through growing pains. Such is the case with the Empire State Greys, a traveling team in the Frontier League in its first year of existence. Created when the Southern Illinois Miners ceased operations after the 2021 season, the Greys roster is comprised of members of the Empire Professional Baseball League, a four team independent league based in New York and New Hampshire.

Although the Greys do not have a place to call home and have the disadvantage of being on the road every night, one would imagine that they would eventually find success. That has not been the case as they have begun their professional journey with 32 consecutive losses.

Empire State Greys make history 32 games into existence

At least the Greys can take solace in the fact that they have made professional history. They passed the 1875 Brooklyn Atlantics of the National Association who lost their first 31 games that season.

Following in the Atlantics’ footsteps is not a positive. While they had an impressive history as one of the more dominant amateur clubs of their time, they never had a winning record in the NA. Their 1875 season was particularly awful as they ended the year with a 2-42 record.

It is easy to see why the Greys have struggled. They are last in the Frontier League in runs, hits, doubles, homers, batting average, on base percentage, slugging, and ERA. Three players have hit more than one home run while only four of the 28 different pitchers they have used have an ERA below 5.00, regardless of how many innings they have pitched.

One has to imagine that better days will be ahead. The Greys cannot lose every game they play. And that first victory will be that much sweeter after the adversity they have faced. At this point, they are just hoping that win comes soon.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

You guys are lame.  Personally 5e MLB AS game is the best of the all star all the all star games in any sport and it isn’t even close.  The games are competitive.  The scores are not some freakish anomaly where every game is 10-8 or 12-10.  They players are into int and try.  Trying in baseball doesn’t put you in a more precarious injury position.  And these are the best of the best in a sport I love.  I fucking love the MLB AS game.  

all of this, especially the bolded.

i'll be there too, but not in the dugout club (you bastard). 

this will be the 6th asg i've been to, in a 6th different stadium.  all of them had very cool and special moments.  but i guess some people would prefer to watch a basketball game be 188-172 with more dunks than defense than to see ted williams get honored and then see pedro go all pedro.  or to see a game where bo jackson and wade boggs go b2b to leadoff the 1st.

i do agree it was a cooler experience before interleague, just because as an nl fan in an nl park (in 1986) it was my only chance to see al players in person.  rare back then to even see them on tv other than the asg or the playoffs.  it was clemens vs gooden, and was awesome to see clemens start (10 year old me only cared that he was a horn and a houston guy).  he won the mvp i think, which seems crazy for a sp.

to each his own i guess.  no accounting for taste.

• Hook 'Em 3

FTR, I never said other leagues' ASG were better -- they aren't.  

It's just that baseball games where every pitcher only pitches one inning don't appeal to me.  Seeing how a pitcher adjusts his approach the 2nd and 3rd time through the lineup is my favorite part of baseball. 

It has been years since I've watched more than a couple of innings of the ASG.  My favorite part of the game is the pre-game introductions.  I would definitely not turn down a ticket, though.  

55 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Seeing how a pitcher adjusts his approach the 2nd and 3rd time through the lineup is my favorite part of baseball. 

You should probably find a new favorite part of baseball then, this is quickly becoming a thing of the past. 

43 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You should probably find a new favorite part of baseball then, this is quickly becoming a thing of the past. 

Yeah, I don't like it at all.  I used to target random games to watch each day because of the matchup of starting pitchers; I hardly ever do that any more.  

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

all of this, especially the bolded.

i'll be there too, but not in the dugout club (you bastard). 

this will be the 6th asg i've been to, in a 6th different stadium.  all of them had very cool and special moments.  but i guess some people would prefer to watch a basketball game be 188-172 with more dunks than defense than to see ted williams get honored and then see pedro go all pedro.  or to see a game where bo jackson and wade boggs go b2b to leadoff the 1st.

i do agree it was a cooler experience before interleague, just because as an nl fan in an nl park (in 1986) it was my only chance to see al players in person.  rare back then to even see them on tv other than the asg or the playoffs.  it was clemens vs gooden, and was awesome to see clemens start (10 year old me only cared that he was a horn and a houston guy).  he won the mvp i think, which seems crazy for a sp.

to each his own i guess.  no accounting for taste.

Dugout club menu (unlimited all you can eat).  Stepped up from the standard fare (which is usually pretty top shelf.  I think I'll start with the Lobster Thermidor and work from there.  Been feeling pretty nauseous most days lately.  I may need to get a little high just to make sure I can take advantage.

image.thumb.png.b831d9113ad2963193096ab763c1a697.png

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 1