2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

I've always hated the fan voting giving a huge advantage to the biggest markets, so way past time to level the playing field.  MLB could limit it with something like each team gets to hand out a cumulative total of 200,000 ballots during their final 7 home games at the end of June and first week of July.   (And no, I don't think that would change the outcome of Ohtani/Yordan.)

Thankfully it's just a game so it doesn't really matter, but growing up a fan of what was then a small market team, the unfairness always stuck in my craw.

Edited by clapclapclap

56 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

MLB could limit it with something like each team gets to hand out a cumulative total of 200,000 ballots during their final 7 home games at the end of June and first week of July. 

Do they still hand out paper ballots at the ballparks?

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Oh I will! Six in a row!

Just three more Birds

So many positives this season.  The kids I’ve been hearing about the past 3-4 years are in Baltimore and beginning to produce.  Defense, bullpen, everyone pulling for and picking up each other, and never quit attitude … can’t wait for Grayson Rodriguez and DL Hall to arrive as SP along with a couple of other position players who’ll be there in a season or two.  Plus … 5 early picks in the upcoming draft to include 1-1.

Mike Elias and Brandon Hyde are doing the job.  They actually have a plan. 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 8:14 PM, shadow_operative said:

that's what i figured. 

i'm only going to say this to you once, and i sincerely hope you take this into consideration: if you would simply stop with the "not even close" crap which permeates all of your posts, you would not believe how much a better poster you would be, and how much better this thread would be for it.

like right now, i'm not even going to discuss the shohei vs judge thing with you any further (or the fact that Yordan is doing the same thing that Judge is doing), because there's zero point in trying to talk to a person as proudly biased as you. i'd love to have this mvp discussion with plenty of posters in this thread who are capable of having adult conversations and not sensationalizing everything like this is a morning talk show on espn. but everything with you is "not even fucking close or up for debate." the day you stop doing that crap it will improve the day to day quality of this thread immensely, and will improve the way people here see and interact with you. 

Y’all are nuts. Gallo is gonna win MVP going away 

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Celebrating being .500 before actually getting there? I don't know.

I tell you what, meet me at crown and anchors and I’ll let you have the honor of buying us a pitcher of shiner in celebration

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

11 years ago today if you want to feel old. I remember watching it live on tv. My favorite sports moment I ever witnessed, ahead of 4th & 5 and game 6 of the 2009 WS.

my favorite jeter memory is Derek Jeter Day at Yankee stadium !!!

what a wonderful day !!!

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1