Global Spring?

Immaculate Vibes

Brits moved a battalion to the NATO Rapid Reaction Force. Kosovo is under a UN Mandate so if Serbs move, we react. Balkan wars are messy and seem to happen every 30-40 years. 
Yay???? 

Well…so the boy’s Central and Eastern European Studies class was maybe taking a trip to Belgrade in the spring. Or…maybe not.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well…so the boy’s Central and Eastern European Studies class was maybe taking a trip to Belgrade in the spring. Or…maybe not.

Tell them to go to Sarajevo. 

Either way, if the Serbs move, NATO will fuck them up like we did last time. Fucking Chetnicks. I mean they have OLD Russian and Yugo shit. And Aviano is not that far away. 

Hell, let's hit the Chinese embassy in Belgrade just because we can. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

PKK hits the Turks. The Turks will respond for sure. 

An explosion outside Turkey's interior ministry in the capital Ankara was a "terrorist attack", the interior minister has said.

Two attackers arrived in a car at around 09:30 (06:30 GMT) and carried out the attack injuring two officers, Ali Yerlikaya said.

Mr Yerlikaya said an attacker blew himself up in front of a ministry building and another was "neutralised".

A group linked to Kurdish militants has admitted carrying out the attack.

The Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) is considered a terror group in Turkey, the EU, UK and US. 

The explosion on Ataturk Boulevard happened just hours before parliament was due to reconvene.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66975452

Another UN peacekeeping force coming to Haiti in the near future. Has not really worked in the past, but I am sure this time it will be different. Hopefully this time the UN leaves Cholera at home. 

US Administration seeking $200M to support it. $100 for State, $100 for DOD. Got some feelers out for more information, will update as it comes in. 

Details on who, what, etc. still being worked out. 

Highlights from a Politico Article. 

Those going. Not sure how effective they will be against the gangs. I would prefer to see the Salvadorans and Rwandans. Salvadorans understand gangs, and Rwandans can fuck them up, plus they speak French. 

It wasn’t immediately clear how big the force would be. Kenya’s government has previously proposed sending 1,000 police officers. In addition, Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Antigua and Barbuda have pledged to send personnel.

Russia and China abstained from the vote. Here is the Russian rationale. Kind of ironic. 

Vassily Nebenzia, the Russian Federation’s U.N. ambassador, said he did not have any objections in principle to the resolution, but that sending an armed force to a country even at its request “is an extreme measure that must be thought through.” 

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/02/un-security-council-approves-sending-forces-to-haiti-to-fight-violent-gangs-00119593

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Turkey says the PKK bombers came into Turkey through Syria. They said the PKK and YPG fighters in Iraq and Syria are now their targets and warned the US and others not to be near them. Today we shot down a Turkish drone over Syria after deciding it posed a risk to US personnel.

https://www.wsj.com/world/u-s-jet-shoots-down-turkish-drone-over-syria-21634844

Edited by Schulz2.0

This is not my real area of expertise but it seems like this is designed to blow the Israeli-Saudi normalization process off track. Netanyahu has said this is a war and not an operation. 

Some horrific footage of civilian murders are emerging.  Seems designed to provoke a punishing reaction, and likely was designed to do so. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Seems designed to provoke a punishing reaction, and likely was designed to do so. 

Yeah, I mean, this is ultimately suicide from Hamas, isn't it?

Unless they know something we don't.  Like, Hezbollah is coming to help, with Iran's backing?  

Can we rule out that these crazy ultra-religious psychos are literally trying to bring about the end of the world?  Isn't there a pretty serious Armageddonist bent within extreme Islam?

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, CleverNickname said:

I had a sort of unspoken oberservation that young folks were increasingly ambivalent about Isreal and sympathetic to the bleak circumstances of Palestinians. And this just sort of destroys all that goodwill in a day. I don't get people.

Yep, Hamas is working hard to make sure that the Palestinians get no sympathy.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Before the inevitable comparisons of Hamas to Ukrainians.  A very different approach to where children belong during war. 

Former US Deputy Chief of Mission to Israel is a good friend. He is real worried about this. 

Hamas does this, Israel counters, Arabs across the Middle East go to the streets. Speaking with him Monday (Cuz OU SUX) and will pass on his thoughts and perceptions. Also let him get some time to ID what his contacts say. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Former US Deputy Chief of Mission to Israel is a good friend. He is real worried about this. 

Hamas does this, Israel counters, Arabs across the Middle East go to the streets. Speaking with him Monday (Cuz OU SUX) and will pass on his thoughts and perceptions. Also let him get some time to ID what his contacts say. 

The taking of so many hostages seems pretty strategic. Possibly to try and force a bloody ground operation as IDF tries to go get them back and has to be judicious with air strikes.

I can’t tell if all the murdering of civilians is strategic or if it’s just a bit of the old ultraviolence that you get from Hamas’ war-boyz. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The taking of so many hostages seems pretty strategic. Possibly to try and force a bloody ground operation as IDF tries to go get them back and has to be judicious with air strikes.

I can’t tell if all the murdering of civilians is strategic or if it’s just a bit of the old ultraviolence that you get from Hamas’ war-boyz. 

And Israel will try to get them back. Latest report I saw is 198 dead, 900+ injured. 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Qatar is blaming Israel. So much for Peace in the Middle East. Next Friday the streets of the Arab world are going to be interesting. 

Fuck the Arab and Muslim world. There is no reasoning or bargaining to be had with the Arab street. Look at what they’ve been doing to poor Sweden with their Quran protests.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

53 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Qatar is blaming Israel. So much for Peace in the Middle East. Next Friday the streets of the Arab world are going to be interesting. 

You're telling me Jared Kushner didn't actually bring peace to the Middle East?? Not surprising that peace is difficult to realize when there's an apartheid state and everyone on all sides are out for blood along millennium old religious grievances 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Actually the plan of paying off everyone to shut the fuck up and accept the status quo has been the most sensible US policy to date. It placates the Arabs who are a corrupt and materialistic people without values.

Bro take your racism to texags. Yikes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

There isn’t a state in the Arab world that can get away with much less as this is one of those domestic issues that can upset the apple cart. We are all about to start hearing about the “Arab street” again.

Keeping the Palestine-Gaza issue on the low end of the kinetic spectrum is a condition for the slow rapprochement we have seen between Israel and Arab nations. Hamas and especially Iran want to throw a wrench in the works and there’s no spanner better than  IDF bombings of Gaza, dead civilians are a desired outcome. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Always love it when a spokesperson says “fuck yes we’re doing war crimes,” I’ll be expecting a lot of justifications from the same people who were Very Concerned by the Amnesty Report that revealed the AFU was defending Ukrainian citizens and towns.

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

You're telling me Jared Kushner didn't actually bring peace to the Middle East?? Not surprising that peace is difficult to realize when there's an apartheid state and everyone on all sides are out for blood along millennium old religious grievances 

It was a better effort than a lot of other folks have made. 

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Bro take your racism to texags. Yikes. 

LOL. Let me guess you don’t have experience in dealing with Arabs or doing business in the Middle East in general. Arab countries are always on the top of the list when it comes to the most corrupt countries in the world. They don’t value transparency, good government, rights of women, rule of law and on and on and is a reason why every Arab country is a shithole that none of us would want to live in.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2