Global Spring?

Immaculate Vibes

20 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

This is a very big deal. Whichever way it goes shall change Israel forever. 

With the victory, Netanyahu's supporters both in his cabinet and out, are vowing to go even farther (further!) and a whole shit-ton more reservists are going to resign from the reserves/IDF.  And a plenty of former defense/Mosad/etc. chiefs and leaders/generals are all saying "yeah, hey, this is a really bad idea, you're dividing the military".

Looking at all of the videos/photos of protests, what gets me is that this isn't one singular group that's pissed off - it seems to cut cross all demographics.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israels-netanyahu-discharged-hospital-reuters-witness-says-2023-07-24/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Gosh, if only we had some sort of playbook to run on "how to slaughter Russians in Syria"......

Have they not been watching what our 80s-90s tech has been doing to their buddies in Ukraine? I'm sure we've already got every inch of their AO pre-sighted and ready to rain hell down on them with much newer/better kit. 

• Hook 'Em 4

48 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Have they not been watching what our 80s-90s tech has been doing to their buddies in Ukraine? I'm sure we've already got every inch of their AO pre-sighted and ready to rain hell down on them with much newer/better kit. 

You would have to think that, and with what happened last time they pulled this shit. Knock out their AD, and circle three or four AC-130 gunships overhead, and there wouldn't be anything left but little sheriff meatballs.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Parliament said:

So whose side are we on with this Niger thing?  Any chance we don't care?

Not the Wagner Group backed Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso military rule. We definitely care.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/us-military-drone-missions-niger-halted/

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

So whose side are we on with this Niger thing?  Any chance we don't care?

We are on the side of ECOWAS, the deposed president, and not the Coup leaders. We have supported and fed Niger for quite some time. 

Agree that Wagner is going to do their usual shit, but that is what those fucker's do!. Look at Mali and Sudan. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Another layer is that france makes a large amount of their domestic power from nuclear energy. Niger is a former French colony and exports a lot of uranium to france. Kazakhstan and Russia are some of the other major suppliers of uranium. So in essence this is an extension of the energy war Putin is trying to play. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Cool. Cool. WWIII with active theaters in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Get some trunks popping and tops dropping in Taiwan and this gonna be fun. 

Global instability? Demagogue populists? Global pandemics? Massive economic inequality?

We've got all the historical markers of more shit about to pop off. 

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

ECOWAS stated they will intervene in Niger by tomorrow if the President is not reinstated. 

The Niger situation is of quite a bit of interest to me because I have a really good friend here from Niger and the majority of his family is still there. I genuinely have an interest in Niger (Would like to travel there one day with him to see his homeland) and he has told me a lot about their history. His train collapse story is humorous when he tells it with his thick accent. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Niamey, NigerCNN — 

Niger’s armed forces have been bringing in reinforcements to the capital to prepare for a potential military intervention, a military source told CNN, just hours after the military junta running the countryrefused to abide by an influential regional bloc’s deadline to cede power.

A convoy of about 40 pick-up trucks arrived at nightfall on Sunday evening, bringing troops from other parts of the country to both reassure a nervous public and prepare for potential battle. 

Niger has been engulfed in political chaos since late last month, when President Mohamed Bazoum was ousted in a coup d’etat by the presidential guard. The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) responded days later by enacting sanctions and issuing an ultimatum to the ruling military junta: stand down within a week or face a potential military intervention.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/07/africa/niger-coup-deadline-intl/index.html

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...