2018 Rockets Offseason Thread - LeBron or bust

Chapo

15 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Can’t we buyout Anderson too? What’s the advantage or disadvantage of buying out a bad contract? 

Yes. Advantage is immediate tax relief($20M vs. $8M), disadvantage you have dead cap space for several years. In the Rockets case, they get a $8M hit for the next 4 years.

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You’re on the Rockets thread. No one gives a fuck what you think so bounce to whatever team you root for is. Lakers? Lulzzz they won’t even sniff the rockets ass this year so fuck off.

First off, I was just having a little fun. Second off, I'm not a Lakers fan. Third off, lighten up. Fourth off, nice adult trash talk. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

If Capela was offered a similar contract to Nurkic, then I would say that's undervaluing him because he's a hell of a lot better than Nurkic.

Actually they are very similar, and definitely not a $8M per difference. 4/60M is probably Capela's maximum worth right now.

http://bkref.com/tiny/3KFSt

HTH Results

http://bkref.com/tiny/6nVVO

Edited by HtownHorn

58 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Actually they are very similar, and definitely not a $8M per difference. 4/60M is probably Capela's maximum worth right now.

http://bkref.com/tiny/3KFSt

HTH Results

http://bkref.com/tiny/6nVVO

I disagree. In my opinion, Nurkic has plateaued which is why he was traded. Capela’s arrow is pointing up. 

The Rockets will wait out Capela's bluff. I don't think Capela would want to risk it by playing out the qualifying offer year ( see what happened to DMO, Noel, etc). Calling it at 36 mil for 3 yrs. Thats still alot of money in case things goes south, and you get a chance to earn a max contract in your prime.

2 minutes ago, Chapo said:

The Rockets will wait out Capela's bluff. I don't think Capela would want to risk it by playing out the qualifying offer year ( see what happened to DMO, Noel, etc). Calling it at 36 mil for 3 yrs. Thats still alot of money in case things goes south, and you get a chance to earn a max contract in your prime.

Who's DMO?  Noel was never in Capela's class....  I could see a 1+1 or just playing on the QO if it gets down to it.....

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Who's DMO?  Noel was never in Capela's class....  I could see a 1+1 or just playing on the QO if it gets down to it.....

DMO  = Donatas Montiejunas.

Noel hasn't produced at the same level but that didnt stop the Mavs from offering a shit ton of money. Now Noel has an injury issue and was happy to sign for the min to be a backup.

All Im saying is that, Capela can gamble or take a compromise but still get life changing money. I assume he would choose the later

7 minutes ago, Chapo said:

All Im saying is that, Capela can gamble or take a compromise but still get life changing money. I assume he would choose the later

Noel is a bad comp. Not only has he never produced like Capela, I’m not sure he shows up to work. Literally. Capela was a contributing member of a 65 win team. His only fear should be injury. The Rockets should use their leverage, but I don’t see 4/48 anywhere close to getting it done. Teams have cap space next year and someone will spend it on Capela if he isn’t locked up this summer. 

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

You can’t assume Nurkic wasn’t overpaid. 

Yeah, but that's the name of the agent game. The market conditions this offseason should lead to players being underpaid. So if Nurkic was overpaid this offseason, that's a good thing for Capela because they play the same position. I think the Rockets are going to resign him. I just think he's being devalued on this thread.