Thor: Love and Thunder

Michael Knight

On 9/13/2022 at 4:52 PM, BHMCruiser said:

Plus Guns N' Roses is not hair metal or glam metal. What the fuck

you can argue with wiki if you want, but you're obviously wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glam_metal

Glam metal bands continued their run of commercial success in 1987 with Mötley Crüe releasing Girls, Girls, Girls, White Lion releasing Pride, and Def Leppard releasing Hysteria producing a hard rock record of seven hit singles.[19] Another of the greatest successes of the era was Guns N' Roses, originally formed from a fusion of bands L.A. Guns and Hollywood Rose, who released the best-selling début of all time, Appetite for Destruction. With a "grittier" and "rawer" sound than most glam metal, incorporating elements punk and blues, Appetite For Destruction produced three top 10 hits, including the number one "Sweet Child O' Mine".[37] Such was the dominance of the style that Californian hardcore punk band T.S.O.L. moved towards a glam metal sound in this period

On 9/13/2022 at 12:13 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I think this belongs in the terrible opinions thread.  Hating Appetite for Destruction, which is the album most of those songs come from, is just stupid.

English Rage GIF

That band sucks ou donkey balls, as do you. 

You continue to be the biggest fugly douchebag limousine liberal cunt that has ever posted on any shaggy iteration.  Please move to france and stay there.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

Serious business here.

I liked the movie. Lots of fun. Nice to give Portman some actual acting to do in a Thor film. Not as good as #3, but still a great popcorn flick with some actual laugh out loud moments.

And Jesus, I was crying in that first scene. Kept on getting blown away by Gorr. Only afterwards did I look it up and see that it was Christian Bale. No wonder...

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Serious business here.

I liked the movie. Lots of fun. Nice to give Portman some actual acting to do in a Thor film. Not as good as #3, but still a great popcorn flick with some actual laugh out loud moments.

And Jesus, I was crying in that first scene. Kept on getting blown away by Gorr. Only afterwards did I look it up and see that it was Christian Bale. No wonder...

Enjoyed it as well

We will return, with the children, and then we will feast! Not on the children. Not any more! Dark times. Shameful times.

Had me rolling. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

At best 4th?  Depending on how we define hair metal, I could see Van Halen and Def Leppard being ranked higher.  Based on you saying Bon Jovi ruined it for everyone, I’m guessing they’re not in your top 3.  So … don’t tell me you’re putting Motley Crue or Poison or whoever the fuck else above GNR.  Who am I missing?

Def Leppard isn't hair metal. They're NWOBHM. Along with Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc

1. Van Halen, duh.

2. Ratt

3. Tesla

somewhere around here we can start talking about G'n'R. maybe.

4. Skid Row

5. Randy Rhoads era Quiet Riot (only down here because it was short and the band devolved into a Slade cover band afterwards)

6. Cinderella (good before they became a ballad machine)

Edited by Rimbo

On 9/13/2022 at 11:21 AM, rage-a-holic said:

Hair/glam metal was the shame of the 80's and will always suck ou cock.

You love stripper music. Congrats.

Sounds like something a shit ass would say.

I was hoping for some Motley Crue. A few scenes would have kicked total ass with Kick Start my Heart jamming along. 

39 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They’re now named Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.   It’s about respect and empowerment now, along with sucking cock for an extra $200.

Better play that inflation with you want your dick inflated and then deflated