2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

LSU, Miami, Florida, Tennessee, etc all offered after he hit the portal. We sat on our hands for 2 weeks before throwing a hail mary offer. So tell me how hard we're recruiting the portal.

Oh, we're going by other team offers now, are we? Anthony Hines had more D1 offers than any other recruit in history, I believe. How'd he do?

Offers are going to be speculative based on individual team needs, their own scouting departments, and a number of other factors, you fucking reductive simpleton. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

You are an absolute moron if you truly believe any of the drivel that you continue to type...I mean, is our starting QB not out of the portal? You have no idea how any of this works

Neither does our coaching staff juding they probably landed only 4 out of 12 portal players that have contributed as a good level.

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Oh, we're going by other team offers now, are we? Anthony Hines had more D1 offers than any other recruit in history, I believe. How'd he do?

Offers are going to be speculative based on individual team needs, their own scouting departments, and a number of other factors, you fucking reductive simpleton. 

linebacker has been a team need for years next

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Mario Williams as well

But hey we sure nailed it with Ovie, Ben Davis, Richardson, Hall, Billingsley, Ray Thornton, Dunn, Milton, 

Yeah maybe don't recruit him as edge when the school he ended up to was LB. We sure as fuck should have tried at least harder than we did. 

But I guess you're right no school ever can steal a kid away from a school that recruited them to the portal in the NIL era.

It's almost like MOST of the guys who hit the portal are players other teams want to get rid of...imagine that! You're right, we should definitely add more of those dudes to our fucking roster. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Drew Sanders now fuck off.

since it is becoming more and more clear you either don't understand recruiting or have early onset Alzheimer's - let's take a trip back in time exactly 1 year ago and revisit the Drew Sanders Transfer Portal saga:

Drew Sanders, entered the portal on a Tuesday, the day after the National Championship game, then took 3 visits over 3 days, committed to Arkansas on the Monday after he entered the portal and enrolled on a Thursday, 9 days after entering the portal.

Alabama wanted Sanders to play EDGE. Texas wanted him to play EDGE. OU wanted him to play EDGE. He wanted to play off ball linebacker. One school wanted him as an off the ball linebacker. He went there.

...that guy?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

That's twice in one day you've managed to read my post and literally not understand the point I was making whatsoever. I'm confident that with the way things are going, you're going to pull off the hat-trick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, NoName said:

since it is becoming more and more clear you either don't understand recruiting or have early onset Alzheimer's - let's take a trip back in time exactly 1 year ago and revisit the Drew Sanders Transfer Portal saga:

Drew Sanders, entered the portal on a Tuesday, the day after the National Championship game, then took 3 visits over 3 days, committed to Arkansas on the Monday after he entered the portal and enrolled on a Thursday, 9 days after entering the portal.

Alabama wanted Sanders to play EDGE. Texas wanted him to play EDGE. OU wanted him to play EDGE. He wanted to play off ball linebacker. One school wanted him as an off the ball linebacker. He went there.

...that guy?

And the one schooll that recruited him to that position got a damn good player. Sounds like Bama/Texas fucked up on position. NFL draft scouts like him at off ball linebacker as well but hey what do they know. He's only a projected second round linebacker now.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's twice in one day you've managed to read my post and literally not understand the point I was making whatsoever. I'm confident that with the way things are going, you're going to pull off the hat-trick. 

Yeah you're right I don't understand how we didn't put max effort to land a guy who is projected second round pick at linebacker. Sorry. You're right as well he's a JAG, bama didn't want. Meanwhile we took 2 guys who are head cases that Bama didn't want. 

We sure as fuck should have tried at least harder than we did. 

I don't know about this.  Sark, GP, CDC, Matthew McConaughey, and the Undertaker all took personal visits.  They told me so.  Maybe you weren't in the loop.  

How does one determine our level of effort on a guy?  

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Neither does our coaching staff juding they probably landed only 4 out of 12 portal players that have contributed as a good level.

Ok so 12 players have hit the portal that you deem worthy of being contributors...are we the only team expected to land people from the portal? No one else is involved? Only we have NIL money?

What are you talking about...I cant tell if you are being purposefully obtuse or you truly believe this stupid bullshit that you are spouting. Get real, or maybe instead go ahead and start donating real dollars to texasonfund.org so you can make a fucking difference yourself instead of bitching about it online and contributing less than nothing

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

LSU, Miami, Florida, Tennessee, etc all offered after he hit the portal. We sat on our hands for 2 weeks before throwing a hail mary offer. So tell me how hard we're recruiting the portal.

Had to fact check this. Verse went into the portal on November 30th. His reported offers

November 30th- Kansas, Western Kentucky

December 1- Buffalo, James Madison, Utah State, Colorado, Kent State, Bowling Green, Purdue, San Diego State

December 2- Utah, Houston, West Virginia, Uconn, Nebraska

December 3rd- None

December 4th- None

December 5th- Syracuse, Iowa

December 6th (one week after he enters)- Florida State, Tennessee

December 9th- Missouri

December 10th- Arkansas

December 12th- Auburn

December 13th (two weeks after he enters)- Miami, USC

December 14th- Virginia Tech

December 15th- Oklahoma, Florida

December 16th (two and half weeks after he enters)- LSU

December 22nd- Says his final group is Tennessee, Syracuse, Houston and FSU

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Haha 7

And the one schooll that recruited him to that position got a damn good player. Sounds like Bama/Texas fucked up on position. NFL draft scouts like him at off ball linebacker as well but hey what do they know. He's only a projected second round linebacker now.

That isn't being bad at the Transfer Portal, for the record. That's a bad coaching pitch. If I give your stance credence, which I don't. Sanders...does not like Texas. His schools are what, OU, Bama, and then Arkansas? Pull out your two square jump to conclusions mat and see if you can't see if 2+2 = 4. 

Yeah you're right I don't understand how we didn't put max effort to land a guy who is projected second round pick at linebacker. Sorry. You're right as well he's a JAG, bama didn't want. Meanwhile we took 2 guys who are head cases that Bama didn't want. 

Guy projected at LB? WHat the fuck are you talking about, you fucking autist? My point is that, gauging a player based on his offers from other schools is a data point, at best, not a fucking concrete certainty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Had to fact check this. Verse went into the portal on November 30th

November 30th- Kansas, Western Kentucky

December 1- Buffalo, James Madison, Utah State, Colorado, Kent State, Bowling Green, Purdue, San Diego State

December 2- Utah, Houston, West Virginia, Uconn, Nebraska

December 3rd- None

December 4th- None

December 5th- Syracuse, Iowa

December 6th (one week after he enters)- Florida State, Tennessee

December 9th- Missouri

December 10th- Arkansas

December 12th- Auburn

December 13th (two weeks after he enters)- Miami, USC

December 14th- Virginia Tech

December 15th- Oklahoma, Florida

December 16th (two and half weeks after he enters)- LSU

December 22nd- Says his final group is Tennessee, Syracuse, Houston and FSU

Even worse, we never offered. 

Nick Saban and co thought he was an Edge after seeing him as an EE and for a full season. Brett Venables and co saw him as an Edge. Texas and Coach PK and Patterson saw him as an Edge.

i am glad it worked out for him, but very typically that isn't the case...which you know.

Just now, NoName said:

Nick Saban and co thought he was an Edge after seeing him as an EE and for a full season. Brett Venables and co saw him as an Edge. Texas and Coach PK and Patterson saw him as an Edge.

i am glad it worked out for him, but very typically that isn't the case...which you know.

Do what it takes to land, figure position out later. 

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

With as much as I've been traveling the past 2 days. Thank you for the entertainment. That is all.

I'll add my own data point. Weren't you banging the table for Texas to throw the bank at the EDGE that wound up at Nebraska? How'd that work out for them? @BurntOrange&White

tbh there were quite a few that were doing that 

Just now, NoName said:

i don't think there is another poster here who more gleefully shares how little he understands of any specific topic more than you do.

image.png.b1b81f388ab1fa65b75a8f6fd3a1c8b5.png

apparently neither does steve sarkisian but at least i'm not an alcoholic 

• Fuck You 16

Do what it takes to land, figure position out later. 

That's one way to ensure that the motherfucker you just landed ends up back in the portal 3 months later after fall camp, you stupid motherfucker. We're discussing the fucking portal and you have no fucking concept of the implications of having a goddamn transfer portal in the first place, particularly if you lie to the fucking kid. 

Not to mention when that kid screams to everyone he knows "THESE GUYS ARE FUCKING LIARS." 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

That's one way to ensure that the motherfucker you just landed ends up back in the portal 3 months later after fall camp, you stupid motherfucker. We're discussing the fucking portal and you have no fucking concept of the implications of having a goddamn transfer portal in the first place, particularly if you lie to the fucking kid. 

Not to mention when that kid screams to everyone he knows "THESE GUYS ARE FUCKING LIARS." 

ok, and?

tbh there were quite a few that were doing that 

apparently neither does steve sarkisian but at least i'm not an alcoholic 

First, that's exactly my point. You don't just throw money at every big flashy name. Fit matters.

Also fuck off for trying to demonize our head coaches issues. Grow up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

ok, and?

So now your definition of success in the portal is signing players and then making sure they never take a snap for your team, as well as poisoning the well for future transfers and recruits. I have to say, I didn't see that one coming, even from you.

Me, personally, my idea of leveraging the portal successfully is actually adding talent to your program. Apparently your idea of success is signing the most players, regardless of impact. 

Listen, why don't you just go fucking be an aTm fan...clearly they're more your people. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

First, that's exactly my point. You don't just throw money at every big flashy name. Fit matters.

Also fuck off for trying to demonize our head coaches issues. Grow up.

In life you have to live with the choices you've made. He was embarrassingly fired for showing up in that state. 

• Fuck You 11

So now your definition of success in the portal is signing players and then making sure they never take a snap for your team, as well as poisoning the well for future transfers and recruits. I have to say, I didn't see that one coming, even from you.

Me, personally, my idea of leveraging the portal successfully is actually adding talent to your program. Apparently your idea of success is signing the most players, regardless of impact. 

Listen, why don't you just go fucking be an aTm fan...clearly they're more your people. 

Or hear me out....do what it takes to sign him.....put him at his preference of position then if it doesn't look like it's working out then hey you tried and he can't say the stuff you're trying to say he will say.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

Are you implying a staffs integrity doesn't matter? Holy shit I don't even think you know what you're trying to say the past 3 pages.

Of course he doesn't. He doesn't even know what his points are from post to post. He truly is just a shitposter. You're right, we should all probably just put his ass on ignore. 

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Or hear me out....do what it takes to sign him.....put him at his preference of position then if it doesn't look like it's working out then hey you tried.

Ignoring the fact that HE DOESN"T LIKE TEXAS AND WAS NEVER FUCKING COMING TO SCHOOL HERE. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

ok, and?

he wouldn't even wait that long. Sanders enrolled in January. He would be there for spring practice. He would have announced on the first day of Spring Practice (3/22/22) that he was re-entering the portal because Texas had lied to his face at his visit, after he enrolled and only found out when Texas put him at EDGE on day 1 of spring practice.

which according to BO&W wouldn't have had any impact on portal recruiting going forward or high school player recruiting at all. it certainly would not have impacted anything with high high school and recruiting there going forward (Denton Ryan.) wouldn't have changed a thing. just lie to a kids face - what's the worst that can happen?

Of course he doesn't. He doesn't even know what his points are from post to post. He truly is just a shitposter. You're right, we should all probably just put his ass on ignore. 

Ignoring the fact that HE DOESN"T LIKE TEXAS AND WAS NEVER FUCKING COMING TO SCHOOL HERE. 

prove he doesn't.

Show me written proof he's said he does not like texas.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Fuck You 4

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

I didn't make the accusation he doesn't like Texas. Sydney did. The burden of proof is on him.

You're moving the goal posts incessantly here. First it didn't matter that it was him playing the wrong position, then it was we could just lie, now you want proof he didn't like Texas. What point are you actually trying to make here dude? Actually nevermind. Don't answer that. To save posters having to read your shotgun spray bullshit, I'll withdraw from the conversation.

• Hook 'Em 2

I didn't make the accusation he doesn't like Texas. Sydney did. The burden of proof is on him.

He literally never visited Texas as a recruit. took a bunch of UOVs and went to OU's junior day. took UOVs to A&M and camped there. took OVs to Alabama, OU and LSU.

Or hear me out....do what it takes to sign him.....put him at his preference of position then if it doesn't look like it's working out then hey you tried and he can't say the stuff you're trying to say he will say.

wait...didn't Overshown play off the ball linebacker?

so to be clear you are saying Texas should recruit over DMO (20 game in a row starter at that point) for a guy they don't believe will play the position, let them split starter snaps all Spring, then hope neither gets pissed and leaves for the portal before the fall all as some kind of mind game to have him come around to playing edge.

by the way: what you are proposing is literally exactly what happened at Alabama. Alabama and NICK SABAN played him at linebacker for his true freshman and true sophomore years, Alabama and NICK SABAN wanted him to switch to EDGE, he didn't...so he entered the portal.