2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I love how the guy's original post listed like 5 accolades, the first one being All Pros, also an All Decade team, but you've pounced on his inclusion of Pro Bowls like none of his other accolades cited existed. 

He's at best the 3rd best tackle of the 2010s, not hall of fame worthy.

Joe Thomas accomplishments far outweigh Smiths. Peters post season success plus his accomplishments are greater than Smith. Those two guys are definite hall of famers. Smith isn't.

As noted above, due to guys like Brady, Manning, etc. not giving a fuck and refusing to put themselves in harm’s way for a phony game, being “selected” for the Pro Bowl has lost much of its meaning in recent years, but weirdly enough, the “new” Pro Bowl concept should make the honor mean more, since who will opt out? 

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

20 years ago I'd probably agree with you - but now so many players choose to opt out that you end up with Mitch Trubisky as a pro-bowl QB.  It sort of loses its meaning at that point, doesn't it?

I read his comment as "Yes, literally everyone knows All Pro appearances are the most important metric." Also, I realize you two have bonded over histrionics related to Texas's portal behavior, but you might want to stop and consider who you're aligning yourself with here, sir. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Joe Thomas accomplishments far outweigh Smiths. Peters post season success plus his accomplishments are greater than Smith. Those two guys are definite hall of famers. Smith isn't.

Ah, yet another instance of you being incapable of responding to the actual content of my post, and instead set upon a completely unrelated rant of your own like an even more retarded Rain Man rocking yourself calm in the corner of a janitor's closet. I think I speak for the rest of the thread when I entreat you to take a break and tune into some old Judge Wapner. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You must be somebody’s regarded nephew or downsy cousin because you should be negged more often lol. Post season success for a LT lulz. 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

You must be somebody’s regarded nephew or downsy cousin because you should be negged more often lol. Post season success for a LT lulz. 

He uses post season success and then cheers a guy that won 6 career games. /shrug

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

this asinine bullshit is actually some pretty good trolling.  kudos to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Ragde said:

Are they safety guys, PMs or Supers? Trying to decide if i want to know who your friends are.

Haha PM’s, they are all from bandera. I hope you think they are good guys because I do and learning they are shit heads or something would suck. Lol 

Edited by WinningIsHard
Spelling is hard

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Explain to us, in depth, on why exactly you think we suck at this transfer thing. Because we can't outbid oregon for an Edge? Or because we haven't signed a ton of fucking bread. Give us a deep cut of your line of thought on this topic. 

Catalon is good but injury prone so who knows if he is a dependable replacement at safety.

The punter from Stanford was a big pick-up.

Missed on the best ED in the portal.

Still need a difference maker at WR because Worthy is a putz.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Catalon is good but injury prone so who knows if he is a dependable replacement at safety.

Erectile Disfunction?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Jordan Burch? On3 has him as the 12th best edge player to enter the portal. He has 4.5 sacks in 3 years. If he was worth a damn he would be headed off to the NFL instead of to Oregon.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 5

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well darn

GAMECOCKS IN THE TRANSFER PORTAL Each player’s landing spot is listed in parentheses

• DE Jordan Burch —   (Oregon) 
  • RB Rashad Amos —  (Miami of Ohio)
  • DE Hot Rod Fitten — 
  • LS Matthew Bailey — 
  • DE Gilber Edmond —  (Florida State)
  • WR Corey Rucker —  (Arkansas State)
  • RB MarShawn Lloyd —  (Southern Cal)
  • DB Tyrese Ross — 
  • TE Jaheim Bell —  (Florida State)
  • TE Austin Stogner —  (Oklahoma)
  • LB Darryle Ware — 
  • DB Joey Hunter —  (Akron)
  • OL Jordan Davis — 
  • DB R.J. Roderick —  (Liberty) 
Edited by LTtxfan
I suck editing

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Maybe wait until after the 2nd portal period to decide we suck? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Explain to us, in depth, on why exactly you think we suck at this transfer thing. Because we can't outbid oregon for an Edge? Or because we haven't signed a ton of fucking bread. Give us a deep cut of your line of thought on this topic. 

guess who agrees with him

image.png.68036f0a53caec04858e93f0c0c991de.png

when you are on the same side of the argument as Ketch and Anwar regarding anything going on with the Texas football program (both think Texas is not good at the portal) you are doing it wrong.

and of course neither of them will explain WHY they think Texas is bad. i assume he is going to say "they missed out on XYZ guy" as the reasoning, which isn't any kind of response.

Jimbo and Texas A&M suck at the portal. literally they "suck at this transfer thing."

Texas brought in 3 guys this year who are starters or will play major minutes.

last year they brought in 3 starters before Neyor got hurt. they took a shot on Agiye Hall and Billingsley, both which didn't pay off. they added Milton late. they took a flyer on Tucker-Dorsey to help what was on paper the weakest group on the team (LB).

but sure. Texas "sucks at this transfer thing"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It really is bizarre. We had like 6 needs:
P, CB, S, LB, EdgE, WR. 
we filled the first 3 needs with either the best or second best dude at that position to hit the portal. We are still working on WR by all accounts- But brought back a guy expected to leave that might be all conference as a 5th year senior, and we have hoopleheads saying we are bad at the portal. 
The abject stupidity of some in our fanbase is pretty staggering. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NoName said:

when you are on the same side of the argument as Ketch and Anwar regarding anything going on with the Texas football program (both think Texas is not good at the portal) you are doing it wrong.

and of course neither of them will explain WHY they think Texas is bad. i assume he is going to say "they missed out on XYZ guy" as the reasoning, which isn't any kind of response.

Jimbo and Texas A&M suck at the portal. literally they "suck at this transfer thing."

last year they brought in 3 starters before Neyor got hurt. they took a shot on Agiye Hall and Billingsley, both which didn't pay off. they added Milton late. they took a flyer on Tucker-Dorsey to help what was on paper the weakest group on the team (LB).

stay mad pussy

Only two transfers Sark has taken have contributed at a + level and that is Keilan and Watts. 

Sydney mentions bread but that's literally every other transfer we've taken. 

Neyor is obviously graded as incomplete. 

We will see with the corner we just got. 

The punter is also on paper a good pickup as noted above. 

It's literally always the same excuses when we miss on quality in the portal from 995ers:

"not a good fit"

"was recruited to the portal by <team>"

"gotta be careful recruitn <x> in the portal or recruit <y> will not commit or decommit"

or we just slow play the fuck out of other competent players that have entered and they end up elsewhere and contribute. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

So your gripe is we didn't outbid the richest NIL school in the country for an Edge, and we haven't filled up on shitty WR prospects that the portal is littered with, and that we took a flyer at safety on probably the only guy available that if healthy actually raises the floor of his position group. That's a solid C to you? 

You forgot Gavin Holmes.

Why don't you point out all the "difference makers" that have hit the portal at WR, or really any other position, that Texas have "whiffed" on in the portal. Go ahead, I'll wait. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So your gripe is we didn't outbid the richest NIL school in the country for an Edge, and we haven't filled up on shitty WR prospects that the portal is littered with, and that we took a flyer at safety on probably the only guy available that if healthy actually raises the floor of his position group. That's a solid C to you? 

You forgot Gavin Holmes.

Why don't you point out all the "difference makers" that have hit the portal at WR, or really any other position, that Texas have "whiffed" on in the portal. Go ahead, I'll wait. 

Drew Sanders now fuck off.

You forgot Gavin Holmes.

Did you not just see Rich mans Randy Moss hit the portal and transfer to TCU...John Paul Richardson would like a fucking word (Once he gets back from buying juul pods at the Valero)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Im Dead GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Only two transfers Sark has taken have contributed at a + level and that is Keilan and Watts. 

Sydney mentions bread but that's literally every other transfer we've taken. 

Neyor is obviously graded as incomplete. 

We will see with the corner we just got. 

The punter is also on paper a good pickup as noted above. 

It's literally always the same excuses when we miss on quality in the portal from 995ers:

"not a good fit"

"was recruited to the portal by <team>"

or we just slow play the fuck out of other competent players that have entered and they end up elsewhere and contribute. 

Ill repeat this again, because no one can give me an answer. Who are the fucking "difference makers" that have hit the portal that we have whiffed on? Because you want guys that raise your program. Your use of the word "competent" is interesting, because "competent" to me is...tarique milton. Guys that show up and are average at best. That isn't building a winning program. 

The really fucking hilarious thing here is that you rub your outsized vagina over not signing a bunch of bread, but when we retain an all Big 12 OT, you bitch and moan about him taking a spot of a rookie OL who has logged almost zero snaps in his career. You can't have it both ways, you fucking waterhead. 

But pack to the point, please, list all the fucking QUALITY players that have hit the fucking portal that would have vastly improved this team. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It really is bizarre. We had like 6 needs:
P, CB, S, LB, EdgE, WR. 
we filled the first 3 needs with either the best or second best dude at that position to hit the portal. We are still working on WR by all accounts- But brought back a guy expected to leave that might be all conference as a 5th year senior, and we have hoopleheads saying we are bad at the portal. 
The abject stupidity of some in our fanbase is pretty staggering. 

Until we get a difference major at ED and WR, we will be about where we were last year as a team. Maybe the WRs step up or Cook or Neyor solidify the room and maybe the new corner and new safety make a difference in pass defense but personally I believe that a great portal WR and a guy who can rush the passer consistently is key for us to see an improvement in our record. Ewers better improve.

Just now, Ricky&#x27;s one-hitter said:

This feels like an invitation to neg bomb. Have we ever crowdsourced such a prolific shit poster before? Would be quite the offseason accomplishment...

I've lost track on how many times Carl was crowdsourced. For a while Carl was truly like a bowling ball, throw him in the gutter and he rolls back for more self-inflicted abuse.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

All repeat this again, because no one can give me an answer. Who are the fucking "difference makers" that have hit the portal that we have whiffed on? Because you want guys that raise your program. Your use of the word "competent" is interesting, because "competent" to me is...tarique milton. Guys that show up and are average at best. That isn't building a winning program. 

The really fucking hilarious thing here is that you rub your outsized vagina over not signing a bunch of bread, but when we retain an all Big 12 OT, you bitch and moan about him taking a spot of a rookie OL who has logged almost zero snaps in his career. You can't have it both ways, you fucking waterhead. 

But pack to the point, please, list all the fucking QUALITY players that have hit the fucking portal that would have vastly improved this team. 

Drew Sanders

Jared Verse

Jordan Addison

Dorian Singer

Jacob Cowing 

There is 5 off the top of the head. We either didn't try hard enough, recruited them for another position, or completely whiffed.

But I guess USC/Lincoln Riley are the only ones who can steal players recruited to the portal by other teams.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Until we get a difference major at ED and WR, we will be about where we were last year as a team. Maybe the WRs step up or Cook or Neyor solidify the room and maybe the new corner and new safety make a difference in pass defense but personally I believe that a great portal WR and a guy who can rush the passer consistently is key for us to see an improvement in our record. Ewers better improve.

Again, show me the slam dunk difference makers we've whiffed upon. 

Lol. A Non Power-5 superstar is your example of a slam dunk guy we whiffed on...well ok buddy. 

LSU, Miami, Florida, Tennessee, etc all offered after he hit the portal. We sat on our hands for 2 weeks before throwing a hail mary offer. So tell me how hard we're recruiting the portal.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&amp;White said:

Drew Sanders

Jared Verse

Jordan Addison

Dorian Singer

Jacob Cowing 

There is 5 off the top of the head. We either didn't try hard enough, recruited them for another position, or completely whiffed.

Drew Sanders was never, ever coming here. 

Jordan Addison went to USC, who promised him more money (which they struggled to come up with) at a time when our NIL wasn't exactly up and running, and when we'd just paid Xavier Worthy 1 million to stay on our roster. I'm sure you'll call that an L, because you can't understand context.

Jared Verse - LOL. He's not a slam dunk, you can't pimp him and shit on Holmes or anyone else who hasn't played yet, not that you'll recognize the hypocrisy. 

Dorian Singer - This is the only guy so far I'd even entertain an argument for, honestly. But we're not done yet, we'll see how it shakes out. I'd argue retaining Whittington >>>> Singer.

Jacob Cowing - See above. 

Your "slam dunks" are fucking horseshit. If we'd signed either or both of the WR from Arizona and they were non factors next year, I know for sure you wouldn't fucking give any kind of mea culpa. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Mario Williams as well

But hey we sure nailed it with Ovie, Ben Davis, Richardson, Hall, Billingsley, Ray Thornton, Dunn, Milton, 

Drew Sanders was never, ever coming here. 

Yeah maybe don't recruit him as edge when the school he ended up to was LB. We sure as fuck should have tried at least harder than we did. 

But I guess you're right no school ever can steal a kid away from a school that recruited them to the portal in the NIL era.