2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

2 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

I’m guessing Barron. He flirted with the portal once already and had a good season. Catalon being back there probably takes some of his thunder as a leader. Just a guess 

that was my guess as well as soon as CTJ eliminated the possibility of it being worthy.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

But did we reach out hard enough?   

nope he is a backup offer for us it seems like. We want him to wait until March to make a decision bc USC doesnt have the same spring and fall semester like we do. Seems Florida, Aggie and a couple of others are pushing more now. Not saying its a bad decision but we should probably have him on campus before the 18th. 

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

It’s not Crawford you ducking regards.

you can whisper it to me…

1. Blue, Worthy, C. Jones, Ford, and Whittington all have been squared away. 
2. If it was Ewers, Banks, or Sanders rumors would be running wild. I’d probably put Brooks here given how enamored we all are with his prospects.  
3. I feel like the oline is pretty well looked after. As mentioned before maybe one of those Redshirt freshmen get antsy for playtime but that’s not really a money issue. 
4. I don’t feel like anyone in the front 7 has done enough to inflate their ego.

Ive talked myself into the secondary as well. I watched the highlight reel in the Texas DT thread and Barron was all over the place… that would be my bet. Maybe T. Brooks?

Edited by MH BEVO

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I get it. See how the sophomore and incoming freshmen WRs do during spring ball. If you still need Bryant after spring he is available.

He hinted on their YouTube show today he still thinks a “good” receiver likely hops in the portal in the next couple of days. Implication being it’s someone who likes Texas and vice versa. 

40 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

nope he is a backup offer for us it seems like. We want him to wait until March to make a decision bc USC doesnt have the same spring and fall semester like we do. Seems Florida, Aggie and a couple of others are pushing more now. Not saying its a bad decision but we should probably have him on campus before the 18th. 

USC is on the same semester system Texas is.

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Barron, right?  He was threatening before and had a really good year. I’d think Crawford would be laughed at. 
I sincerely hope we didn’t even bother to give Blue tree fiddy. 

Blue did exactly what I said he would do. He went into the portal and realized, “oh, fuck, no one is throwing money at me? better move quick!” and then told Texas he was just kidding. There is no market for 95% of the guys entering the portal on the money end, even highly rated guys from back in the day. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hmbre97 said:

Sarkisian is beside himself. Driving around downtown LA begging (thru texts) Bryant Jr's family for address to Gary's home.

or at least that's what BO&W is hoping for

With a boom box and a Peter Gabriel cassette?  I’m sure Gary would appreciate the reference. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

for some reason i thought CTJ had explicitly said it was NOT Barron, but after looking back he never did and not sure where i got that.

i am guessing it's a defensive player. the only offensive name that makes sense that i don't think is locked in is Keilan Robinson and i am not sure that he is actually considered "key" by many people - including CTJ

• Sorrell would make sense but idk if he's a shithead who doesn't understand how things work. certainly key. there is also this from 1/6 and some twitter likes during the season about getting the defensive guys paid. also, this?
  • Ford certainly is key, don't see him having said for sure he is back and there were rumors of him leaving at one point?
  • Jerrin Thompson is another name but he isn't active on twitter and i assume if he was the name then we would hear something from Wells at IT talking about how he needed to be taken care of
  • Collins i think there was some smoke about him maybe leaving? don't think CTJ would consider him key
Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1