2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

17 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

The new changes allow for a "mental health" exemption as long as it's documented by a mental health professional. I don't fall on either side of the fence on the legitimacy of that, but it seems like an awfully easy exemption to obtain.

Don't like your coach? See a mental health professional, document that the relationship is causing you anxiety and you need to transfer to a different school for mental health reasons. Easy peasy. 

Sure. You know what else has been pretty easy in the past? Hiring an attorney to help you transfer unabated. 100% of the time the NCAA has backed down, and yet not everyone did it and some kids got rejected when they had legit reasons to want to transfer. What I'm getting at is...sure, there will always be work arounds but there's also going to be a massive chunk, dare I say a majority, of stupid kids who don't approach it strategically in advance and do the steps necessary to transfer. 

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

So who has had a worse Transfer Portal, aggy or the fighting Gundys?

The Texas Longhorns had the worst portal season of anyone in the country and the history of any kind of portal, including door frames and elevators. 

Sincerely,

Bevo, Burnt Orange & White, & Hipphopopatamus. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The Texas Longhorns had the worst portal season of anyone in the country and the history of any kind of portal, including door frames and elevators. 

Sincerely,

I don't know who that guy is, but he sounds like a real asshole.

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - the mod on Georgia's On3 site didn't list Adonai Mitchell as one of the players they expect to hit the portal.  Also that Ladd post about entering the draft was apparently fake - though not Ladd's consideration to leave Georgia for the draft.  At this point the mod thinks it more likely than not that Ladd will be back.

Mod also said Georgia is doing their exit interviews with players now and expect all players transferring to be in by the end of the weekend.

*Mod when asked about AD Mitchell said that he had not heard anything about Mitchell wanting to portal or a connection to Texas.  Poster on another site said the 247 mod said a couple weeks ago AD was considering it, but that the expectation now is that he's staying.

Mitchell is from Texas. That’s the Texas connection. Up until the playoffs, he was not digging his time at UGA. He had not only reached out but stated intent to enroll with Texas and an NIL deal, should he have come, was in place.

The playoffs probably changed things, but any Georgia moderators attempting to take the position that there wasn’t something there and there was no reason for something to be there are either 1) as clueless as some of our $9.95ers  or 2) willfully misleading their audience. There’s no 3rd option. 

• Hook 'Em 8

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sure. You know what else has been pretty easy in the past? Hiring an attorney to help you transfer unabated. 100% of the time the NCAA has backed down, and yet not everyone did it and some kids got rejected when they had legit reasons to want to transfer. What I'm getting at is...sure, there will always be work arounds but there's also going to be a massive chunk, dare I say a majority, of stupid kids who don't approach it strategically in advance and do the steps necessary to transfer. 

Hiring an attorney is hard for some. Every dipshit loser I’ve ever known from California had it together enough to get their pot card the day they turned 18. I think the mental health deal will be a lot easier than the attorney deal, but tend to agree that some of the simplest of simpletons might struggle with that. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Hiring an attorney is hard for some. Every dipshit loser I’ve ever known from California had it together enough to get their pot card the day they turned 18. I think the mental health deal will be a lot easier than the attorney deal, but tend to agree that some of the simplest of simpletons might struggle with that. 

It's not that it's hard, it's that it requires consistent steps. A Pot Card is something tangible that will receive immediate results that you can hold in your hand. 

Having to go to 3-4 visits to a therapist, talk about shit, have it documented, to create a trail, all in advance of MAYBE being able to transfer is something quite a bit more nebulous and uncertain. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's not that it's hard, it's that it requires consistent steps. A Pot Card is something tangible that will receive immediate results that you can hold in your hand. 

Having to go to 3-4 visits to a therapist, talk about shit, have it documented, to create a trail, all in advance of MAYBE being able to transfer is something quite a bit more nebulous and uncertain. 

Maybe so. I assume there doesn’t need to be any more documentation than a letter from the therapist, and I assume those guys will just sign off, but maybe there will be a coherent process that’s followed. 

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

He said stepping away from coaching in college. Seems like Jim Harbaugh or David Shaw is going to be the next coach of the Denver Broncos, Mason worked under those guys at Stanford. My bet would be DB coach, maybe DC in Denver. He’s made his money and coaching in the NFL has decidedly less bullshit tied to it.

That ain't happening

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Mitchell is from Texas. That’s the Texas connection. Up until the playoffs, he was not digging his time at UGA. He had not only reached out but stated intent to enroll with Texas and an NIL deal, should he have come, was in place.

The playoffs probably changed things, but any Georgia moderators attempting to take the position that there wasn’t something there and there was no reason for something to be there are either 1) as clueless as some of our $9.95ers  or 2) willfully misleading their audience. There’s no 3rd option. 

National championship rings have a way of curing homesickness and unhappy thoughts about misuse and/or playing time. It would be amazing if true, but I have to doubt it at this point. 

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sincerely,

Hey, I gave us a solid C. You were the one giving out performance based under the table, double handies to Sark and staff.

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

National championship rings have a way of curing homesickness and unhappy thoughts about misuse and/or playing time. It would be amazing if true, but I have to doubt it at this point. 

I feel like I expressed doubt from my end. That said, my point about the situation stands and it may not be nearly as cut and clean as the Georgia folks would hope it would be, even now.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

fuckin lawyers

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He had not only reached out but stated intent to enroll with Texas and an NIL deal, should he have come, was in place.

Not possible. I was informed yesterday afternoon on this very board in this very thread that we do not partake in such shady activity and we patiently wait our turn in line sitting criss cross applesauce for a player to enter the portal.

11 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Not possible. I was informed yesterday afternoon on this very board in this very thread that we do not partake in such shady activity and we patiently wait our turn in line sitting criss cross applesauce for a player to enter the portal.

To be clear, there is nothing shady about taking a phone call and having earnest discussions with family or friends who are looking for options for their guy. Reaching out to a guy while on campus and happy is something else altogether.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is wonderful revisionist fantasy, bud. You've been bitching and moaning about our portal behavior for awhile, meanwhile you literally attempted to separate player retention in the portal from player acquisition, because you're either too dense to see they aren't related or because you KNOW that be inspecting all aspects of our program and roster, we'll look pretty good. Look at how other schools have been ravaged by the portal, and then look at us by comparison. "WAH WAH WAH, JORDAN WHITTINGTON DOESN'T COUNT!!!" 

Texas needed a WR recruit (we still likely need another). And we opened up the pocketbook, and secured the services of a talented, HIGHLY respected locker room and team leader. A WR who has been telling everyone audibly and publicly for a year that he would not be returning to Texas for another year, and he was done with college. Guess what, we secured a WR, and he happens to already know the offense and the QB. And yet somehow we're not doing well enough with the portal! It's fucking stupid horseshit. 

"WE NEED AN EXPERIENCED STARTER ON THE OLINE." - Enter Christian Jones. "NO NOT THAT GUY, ANOTHER GUY!"

It's patently absurd. There's been maybe 3-4 actual difference makers enter the fucking portal, at least ones we ever had a shot at, and few of them at any position of need for Texas. If we don't sign another guy with the portal I'm fucking floored at how well Texas has done to keep this roster together. It's goddamn remarkable, and I don't even fucking like Sark. 

Look bro I need a sign

heres your sign 

no a signier sign 

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Apologies to the other K Robinsons I outed.

That would be an interesting site to peruse. Is a link available, or is it super secret, keep the fuck out? Thanks in advance.

Edited to ask, a Mathematics degree is a Bachelor of Arts? Interesting. 

Edited by Vito Andolini

4 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

That would be an interesting site to peruse. Is a link available, or is it super secret, keep the fuck out? Thanks in advance.

There are BA and BS versions in the College of Natural Sciences.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/degree/degrees/nlogon/?s_last_name_read=&s_last_isn_read=&s_first_name_read=&s_first_isn_read=&s_paging_sw=&s_first_time_sw=X&s_start_name=

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Don't be special.