2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

This made me laugh and go look at some of my old roommates. 3 of them lasted 1 semester and were gone. Not sure what the common denominator was for them not being able to get it done. 

I’m guessing you’re one of those guys who took your shits in your room sink in Jester so you didn’t have to walk down to the bathroom. That would traumatize me, too. 

**This behavior predates the Waffle stomp. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

Crawford is more likely than Barron imo but I don't know shit about fuck 

22 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Well, in your defense, you may be tanked, so it’s understandable.

He may not know shit about fuck, but not necessarily for the reason you imply. I actually spotted tanked bevo leaving work today…..

BF4FB8F0-23BB-46CA-A4D3-D597F1A0099C.thumb.jpeg.a7b89433bb6dfcd7df976d993cb60946.jpeg

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Apologies to the other K Robinsons I outed.

Holy fuck what a rabbit hole.   I just looked up a friend who enrolled in fall 1993.  Apparently he graduated with a BA in the summer of 2018.  

thats… impressive.   Like 20 howeverthemanyfuck years?   I’m going to start calling him billy Madison.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Holy fuck what a rabbit hole.   I just looked up a friend who enrolled in fall 1993.  Apparently he graduated with a BA in the summer of 2018.  

thats… impressive.   Like 20 howeverthemanyfuck years?   I’m going to start calling him billy Madison.  

Those 25 years are much more impressive than your math.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Plugged in TCU poster on 247 said Jordan Hudson is entering the portal.

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Caught 14 balls this season. Not sure what expectations were but that seems like reasonable production given the veteran nature of that team. 

Nahlin was adamant yesterday in the IT state of the program video that UT was going to get a good WR in the portal. Earlier today I was assuming he talking about AD Mitchell, but maybe he was talking about Jordan Hudson.

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Caught 14 balls this season. Not sure what expectations were but that seems like reasonable production given the veteran nature of that team. 

we should absolutely pick him up, and fast.  fucking crazy that sark hasn't put out more portal offers.

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Dude is going to be a gamechanger for the team GPA. Not much else, though.

3 hours ago, NevaLost said:

Good for him. I certainly wasn't expecting him to land at a program of that caliber - particularly since LSU has plus athletes and Ovie appeared to be somewhat limited physically while at Texas. 

Thoughts from the LSU side:

LSU DE Zavier Carter has entered his name into the transfer portal. LSU has also announced a transfer addition by signing former Texas DE Ovie Oghoufo. Matt Moscona react to the news from both and explains why he believes LSU wins in the portal swap.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

It would be a first it Clemson was interested in taking a player from the transfer portal. Let's hope it isn't with Jordan Hudson.

They've taken a Portal commit this year so it wouldn't be completely unheard of, especially with the staff turnover. 

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Season/2023-Football/Commits/

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is wonderful revisionist fantasy, bud. You've been bitching and moaning about our portal behavior for awhile, meanwhile you literally attempted to separate player retention in the portal from player acquisition, because you're either too dense to see they aren't related or because you KNOW that be inspecting all aspects of our program and roster, we'll look pretty good. Look at how other schools have been ravaged by the portal, and then look at us by comparison. "WAH WAH WAH, JORDAN WHITTINGTON DOESN'T COUNT!!!" 

Texas needed a WR recruit (we still likely need another). And we opened up the pocketbook, and secured the services of a talented, HIGHLY respected locker room and team leader. A WR who has been telling everyone audibly and publicly for a year that he would not be returning to Texas for another year, and he was done with college. Guess what, we secured a WR, and he happens to already know the offense and the QB. And yet somehow we're not doing well enough with the portal! It's fucking stupid horseshit. 

"WE NEED AN EXPERIENCED STARTER ON THE OLINE." - Enter Christian Jones. "NO NOT THAT GUY, ANOTHER GUY!"

It's patently absurd. There's been maybe 3-4 actual difference makers enter the fucking portal, at least ones we ever had a shot at, and few of them at any position of need for Texas. If we don't sign another guy with the portal I'm fucking floored at how well Texas has done to keep this roster together. It's goddamn remarkable, and I don't even fucking like Sark. 

image.gif.1eec3077da263e500cbb31b9ea6140a7.gif

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Probably didn't appreciate them bringing in so many portal WRs. Gerry really liked him.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, NevaLost said:

Good for him. I certainly wasn't expecting him to land at a program of that caliber - particularly since LSU has plus athletes and Ovie appeared to be somewhat limited physically while at Texas. 

These one year rentals have no downside. If they work out great if not they are gone in a year. That’s why it works so well in the mlb.