2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That could wind up being, don't get me wrong, but Ketchum has no fucking clue what he is saying. He's making things up out of whole cloth.

There are a few names that could be big entries, but if someone like Ketchum hears of it first, he will rub his greasy, buffalo sauced meat hooks all over that information as he rushes to publish it and "be first". He'll do so ahead of the guy entering, and then the guy will get hardcore recruited away from the portal by his current staff. Thanks, Fat Fuck! So here's hoping there isn't anyone dumb enough to talk to Ketchum involved with this work. 

he and anwar also brought up that Sark doesn't trust Brooks rushing since he only got 6 carries at the Alamo Bowl.. I switched to another youtube video after that..  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So the day after Catalon announced his transfer to Texas, Ketch good out on (an obviously very sturdy fit multiple reasons) limb and predicts this is the week Texas gets some impressive transfers. 

The fact you waste time listening to him is completely unsurprising. 

Agreed, there are better options. Not listening to anything is often better than that "modcast." 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I’ll mention it here, because why not, Christian Jones makes it official, he’s coming back for another year 

LT Kelvin Banks

LG - DJ Campbell

C - Next best player

RG - Christian Jones/Cam Williams

RT - Christian Jones/Cam Williams

I'd like to see Neto at center honestly.

Wonder which freshmen will dip?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Did he?  I remember that great defensive play on the goal line - not much a WR can do in that case.  PFF didn't count it as a drop.

On the deep cross, he went up for it and it hit him in both hands. The DB was underneath him. Looked like a drop. Announcers called it a drop, if I recall. So…….him actually going up for it is an improvement over Worthy. 

Nahlin (IT) says Gary Bryant Jr is a name in the portal to keep an eye on for WR - though he doesn't graduate from USC until May.  Had a good 2021 catching 44 balls for  579 yards and 7tds.  3 games into 2022 it was clear Lincoln didn't have a place for him in his offense and Bryant decided to RS to preserve a season of eligibility.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/gary-bryant-jr-1.html

https://usctrojans.com/sports/football/roster/gary-bryant-jr-/12960

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I agree with this approach....

Also we should definitely listen to Ian Boyd and move Whittington to safety. lol

you agree with this approach literally one post after trying to move the "next best player" on the OL to center.

image.thumb.png.7dae8262ee8ac95a1605f13e4f56b761.png

• Haha 3

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

TIL, my point still remains on Tyron Smith though.

Pro Tip: When your first part of a post is admitting complete ignorance on the topic in question, most people aren't going to give anything you say after that any kind of credence or attention, nor should they. All we have learned is that you spend too much time talking to Cowboys fans, and everyone here can draw their own conclusions on you from that admission. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Pro Tip: When your first part of a post is admitting complete ignorance on the topic in question, most people aren't going to give anything you say after that any kind of credence or attention, nor should they. All we have learned is that you spend too much time talking to Cowboys fans, and everyone here can draw their own conclusions on you from that admission. 

They dem boyz!

43 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Zach Martin made the move from college LT to NFL guard and has a chance to wind up in the Pro Football Hall of Fame

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Not every Cowboys OL will go to the hall of fame. Shit drives me nuts hearing Cowboys fans talk about Tyron Smith and HoF.

i am extremely confident that Zach Martin will be in the HOF.

8 seasons in the league, 8x pro bowl, first rookie OL to make the all pro team since 1947, 5x first team all pro, 2x second team all pro, one of 5 offensive linemen ever to be 6/6 in pro bowls their first 6 seasons (last one was Joe Thomas), currently 8/8 in pro bowls.

using existing Pro Football HOF Monitor, he is ranked #15 all time amongst guards. there are 2 people ahead of him not in the HOF - with 2 and 4 years more experience.

you want to make a legitimate HOF bet on Martin not making the HOF for real money?

also Tyron was likely on a HOF track after his first 6 years but injuries have just killed him. played 15 or 16 games first 6 years and asn't played more than 13 since. he's still ranked #21 all time in their HOF monitor metric.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

8 seasons in the league, 8x pro bowl, first rookie OL to make the all pro team since 1947, 5x first team all pro, 2x second team all pro, one of 5 offensive linemen ever to be 6/6 in pro bowls their first 6 seasons (last one was Joe Thomas), currently 8/8 in pro bowls.

using existing Pro Football HOF Monitor, he is ranked #15 all time amongst guards. there are 2 people ahead of him not in the HOF - with 2 and 4 years more experience.

you want to make a legitimate HOF bet on Martin not making the HOF for real money?

also Tyron was likely on a HOF track after his first 6 years but injuries have just killed him. played 15 or 16 games first 6 years and asn't played more than 13 since. he's still ranked #21 all time in their HOF monitor metric.

Yeah, I couched my comment a little bit but Martin has been the glue on that line since he came into the league. He's almost certainly a HOF'er.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

Martin I agree with seeing more of the facts. 

If the injuries hadn't occured then maybe Smith.

If Smith was on better more productive teams in the post season and didn't have injuries he'd probably be more likely

19 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I remember this part of my journey down the rabbit hole heading into the 2010's. It's the "our new guys are better than our starters that they're replacing because it's always onwards and upwards with this program!" part of the timeline. It's almost comical to witness, and I am enjoying it. If you weren't a sooner, I'd probably pity you a little bit though. 

You guys are trapped in this spot where you don't fully grasp just how difficult it is to be as elite as your program was from 1999-2021. You think 2022 is an aberration and you absolutely have to believe that 2023 will be a return to the upper echelon of the sport. What you don't understand is that what you guys pulled wasn't easy, and it also didn't happen due to divine right. 

Maybe you do wind up upgrading all of the starter losses. I've seen y'all fellate Kanak as the second coming of Teddy Lehman since last Feb. We'll see. From this end, it looks like a bad coaching staff doing really stupid shit and expecting amazing results. 

I'm fascinated that this guy's return is viewed as this big positive for the ATM program. Never mind the rape aspect and it is still bizarre. He's as jaggy a jagger as any JAG has ever been. He has injury issues and he'll be gumming up opportunities for younger talent to see playing time. But, hey, he's a redass, so whoop!

I had to look up this Kanak guy because I never heard of him.  Very punchable face.  Perfect sooner.  

image.png.0548dcd920d5ef3778c318c0a5d16851.png

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Significant difference in shuffling OL to get the 5 best on the field vs switching a corner to safety.

how so - considering that as far as I know no one outside of Robertson and Majors even have experience snapping the ball at all do you think it's going to be a pretty basic move to say "hey, Cole Hutson, you got beat out by Campbell for the position - want to try to learn to snap consistently, call the coverages/blocking scheme and do it all live in games that start in a few weeks?"

image.thumb.png.171be9bb6af9d9093ad759f10f173ca4.png

i firmly believe it really is a much more difficult move position wise to switch between Guard or Tackle and Center vs moving from say CB to Safety.

especially when you have probably never snapped it once in a game at any level.

everyone loves shitting on Majors but the guy has started 25 games in a row in the system. we haven't heard shit about the staff wanting to make a change at the position, or moving other guys to the position - how is this any different than Ian Boyd wishcasting RoJo to LB?

it's not.

• Hook 'Em 1

Moving tackle to guard is significantly the easier move of those. 

Followed by guard to center.

moving outward is the more difficult way. 

I don't give a shit how many games Majors has started he's a physical liability in the middle because he's weak. Enough of the bleed for program bullshit. Hell they were literally in the process of replacing him last fall camp before Angilau injury.

You have to get DJ Campbell and Cam Williams on the field somehow with Banks and Jones. Have the biggest competition for the starting center spot starting in the spring and working to fall. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Moving tackle to guard is significantly the easier move of those. 

Followed by guard to center.

moving outward is the more difficult way. 

I don't give a shit how many games Majors has started he's a physical liability in the middle because he's weak. Enough of the bleed for program bullshit. Hell they were literally in the process of replacing him last fall camp before Angilau injury.

You have to get DJ Campbell and Cam Williams on the field somehow with Banks and Jones. Have the biggest competition for the starting center spot starting in the spring and working to fall. 

Just so we're clear, you think that playing Center, the quarterback of the OL, who makes all the calls and adjustments while also having to handle the snapping duties, is "easier" than playing Guard, do ya'? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Tell us you have read literally none of the posts or threads about Catalon without telling us that you've read none of the posts or threads on Catalon. 

To be fair to him, a portion of the discussion on Catalon was immediately preceded by the "Is Whittington athletic" discussion.  Many were rendered comatose. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Just so we're clear, you think that playing Center, the quarterback of the OL, who makes all the calls and adjustments while also having to handle the snapping duties, is "easier" than playing Guard, do ya'? 

Message board posters know very little about football and even less about o-line play. That’s why we post here instead of coaching

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Daichee Bell said:

To be fair to him, a portion of the discussion on Catalon was immediately preceded by the "Is Whittington athletic" discussion.  Many were rendered comatose. 

Well, I was more referencing the dozen or so Catalon articles over the past 7-10 days, all of which are posted here in their entirety, in which everyone references that every staff that was interested in him, including Texas, has given him a physical and had their medical staff do a deep dive on his shoulders. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Just because you're the center doesn't mean you have to make the calls. If he continues to get his shit beat in by bigger DT's then he's the liability especially if we improve the guard position with talent like Campbell, Williams, Jones. Just because Conner and Hutson were more ready to start this year doesn't mean they should start next year when the elite talent on the roster starts to get more experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, I was more referencing the dozen or so Catalon articles over the past 7-10 days, all of which are posted here in their entirety, in which everyone references that every staff that was interested in him, including Texas, has given him a physical and had their medical staff do a deep dive on his shoulders. 

Now, you're just getting technical.  Continue berating @BurntOrange&White

Edited by Daichee Bell
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Just because you're the center doesn't mean you have to make the calls. If he continues to get his shit beat in by bigger DT's then he's the liability especially if we improve the guard position with talent like Campbell, Williams, Jones. Just because Conner and Hutson were more ready to start this year doesn't mean they should start next year when the elite talent on the roster starts to get more experience.

Improving the guard position will also probably make the Center's life easier, and shockingly enough his play might seemingly improve as well. And while I'm a big proponent of meritocracies in general, looking at a recruiting ranking and just anointing motherfuckers by saying shit like "ANYONE BUT JAKE MAJORS OR COLE HUTSON" is fucking stupid. Real fucking stupid. 

Sarkisian has plenty of fucking warts, including not blowing out inferior teams enough to GET that talent you're salivating over more fucking experience. So pretending it's fait accompli these guys are going to get the experience you want them to is hardly a fucking slam dunk. But for all his warts, one of them isn't Kyle Flood and his development. I haven't been able to say this in 13 years of Texas football regarding a coach, but if he trots out majors and hutson all season next year, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that no one else stepped up enough to unseat them.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Improving the guard position will also probably make the Center's life easier, and shockingly enough his play might seemingly improve as well. And while I'm a big proponent of meritocracies in general, looking at a recruiting ranking and just anointing motherfuckers by saying shit like "ANYONE BUT JAKE MAJORS OR COLE HUTSON" is fucking stupid. Real fucking stupid. 

Sarkisian has plenty of fucking warts, including not blowing out inferior teams enough to GET that talent you're salivating over more fucking experience. So pretending it's fait accompli these guys are going to get the experience you want them to is hardly a fucking slam dunk. But for all his warts, one of them isn't Kyle Flood and his development. I haven't been able to say this in 13 years of Texas football regarding a coach, but if he trots out majors and hutson all season next year, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that no one else stepped up enough to unseat them.

Majors ceiling isn't high enough to improve his play anymore. He's peaked.

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thank you!

Majors ceiling isn't high enough to improve his play anymore. He's peaked.

Your reading comprehension in that post rivals my five year old son, and just to be clear my son can't read. I didn't say Majors would improve his play. I said an improvement in Guard play probably means less opportunities for Major to fuck up or get blown out. 

Let me walk you through it. Word by word. 

Improving the guard position will also probably make the Center's life easier, and shockingly enough his play might seemingly improve as well.

All me to translate. With much improved guard play, the Center probably makes less mistakes as he's called on to do less other than recognize the line calls, double team, and potentially be put in a better situation to succeed with play-calling. The key word there is SEEMINGLY. 

image.png.5ff89872218508d818d9c1edfe00205d.png

Do I need to define "impression" for you as well? 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Your reading comprehension in that post rivals my five year old son, and just to be clear my son can't read. I didn't say Majors would improve his play. I said an improvement in Guard play probably means less opportunities for Major to fuck up or get blown out. 

Let me walk you through it. Word by word. 

All me to translate. With much improved guard play, the Center probably makes less mistakes as he's called on to do less other than recognize the line calls, double team, and potentially be put in a better situation to succeed with play-calling. The key word there is SEEMINGLY. 

image.png.5ff89872218508d818d9c1edfe00205d.png

Do I need to define "impression" for you as well? 

improve all positions and not have weak link regardless is my point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Have you considered applying to be the offensive line corch for the University of Texas football team? You sure are confident in your expertise! Perhaps "Special Assistant to Kyle Flood" so you can tell him what he's doing wrong? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, irishtexan said:

Have you considered applying to be the offensive line corch for the University of Texas football team? You sure are confident in your expertise! Perhaps "Special Assistant to Kyle Flood" so you can tell him what he's doing wrong? 

He already took my advice last fall camp trying to replace Majors.....he's aware, haha.

Yes, well my point was that your reading comprehension sucks more than your hawt takes on everything OL related. 

Everyone understands what you're attempting to do, even though you're executing it like a 13 year old fumbling around with his first bra strap. "Improve all positions and have no weak links" is on par with "CALL THE TOUCHDOWN PLAY" level of football board ignorant whining. 

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I yes, the ole "I'm getting dogpiled for my shitty fucking takes, which I can't defend, so I'll try to deflect by calling you CTJ's Bitch" trope. 

Listen, neckbeard, if you don't want to get run over on the board, stop saying stupid shit you can't defend and then doubling down on your stupid fucking takes. Contradicting yourself all over the place isn't exactly helping your cause. 

he has like a decade of following this exact playbook

• say dumb shit
  • double down on dumb shit
  • lash out and attack with a basic trope about the poster
  • act like it never happened

like 3 days later, it repeats itself on another dumb topic.

• Haha 1