2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

IT Scoop says that their sources all expect Catalon to pick Texas.  Texas doctors have signed off on the shoulder - and the only roadblock would have been if Georgia decided to pursue (that is where Catalon's girlfriend is).

They mention two candidates for the WR coach - Samples at ASU and Justin Stepp from South Carolina.  Stepp was Chad Morris' WR coach at SMU and then Arkansas before moving to join Shane Beamer at South Carolina after Morris firing at Arkansas.

https://gamecocksonline.com/sports/football/roster/coach/justin-stepp/

They say that both the WR coach position and the HR Relations position are in high demand with candidates reaching out to Texas.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, MH BEVO said:

Take…back?

when did they ever have it?

They did once at the FCS level (in 2005, they got to the FCS semifinals). But yeah, it's an *interesting* tagline. 

That's probably a great pickup for them. He's no where close to a well-rounded QB, but he's one hell of an athlete. In the Sun Belt, it could be an improvement.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

guess you don't read the recruiting threads much, so no. i just don't understand people shitting on him for dumbass reasons.

Roach is the last to report a lot of stuff, but he works harder than most of the 9.95ers travel wise and gets around. he isn't terrible but he isn't good.

2 hours ago, NoName said:

guess you don't read the recruiting threads much, so no. i just don't understand people shitting on him for dumbass reasons.

Roach is the last to report a lot of stuff, but he works harder than most of the 9.95ers travel wise and gets around. he isn't terrible but he isn't good.

If he's travelling more than anyone and last on everything wouldn't that make him incredibly bad at his job?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Teryor said:

If he's travelling more than anyone and last on everything wouldn't that make him incredibly bad at his job?

i can tell you don't follow recruiting much...he isn't great but he is far and away not the worst at his job just because he actually leaves his office more than like 1x a year like Ketch.

he doesn't want to burn sources or fuck up recruitments. i respect that.

it's just built in that he won't be the first guy to post stuff and usually he is on the lagging tail end of reporting vs way out on the front end.

plus per everyone that works with him, he's a good dude which does matter some.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, NoName said:

i can tell you don't follow recruiting much...he isn't great but he is far and away not the worst at his job just because he actually leaves his office more than like 1x a year like Ketch.

it's just built in that he won't be the first guy to post stuff and usually he is on the lagging tail end of reporting vs way out on the front end.

And he's actually met Evan Stewart. 

• Haha 9

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

LMAO stop it, I post plenty of his stories since I have access to an account so I am very familiar with his bullshit. He's bad at his job because he never provides any insight and is never first to any scoops and hedges as hard as anyone out there. You could convince me that he knows everything that's happening in the scene but if he just sits on it and never releases anything, what does it mean? Because of this, what value does he add to the recruiting scene? You're able to be first and not burn sources or fuck up recruitments like TFB and IT and yet he never manages that. He's a vanilla ass dude who just wants to kiss high school coaches asses and would definitely rather be working for DCHSFB which is totally fine! But carrying water for someone who doesn't bring anything to the table this hard is just weird. 

39 minutes ago, Teryor said:

LMAO stop it, I post plenty of his stories since I have access to an account so I am very familiar with his bullshit. He's bad at his job because he never provides any insight and is never first to any scoops and hedges as hard as anyone out there. You could convince me that he knows everything that's happening in the scene but if he just sits on it and never releases anything, what does it mean? Because of this, what value does he add to the recruiting scene? You're able to be first and not burn sources or fuck up recruitments like TFB and IT and yet he never manages that. He's a vanilla ass dude who just wants to kiss high school coaches asses and would definitely rather be working for DCHSFB which is totally fine! But carrying water for someone who doesn't bring anything to the table this hard is just weird. 

I think Mike is a terrific guy overall.. When he was working with the other recruiting pod.. he fell in love with the travel, food stops and interviewing coaching staffs at high schools.  Being hired at 247 is a big thing, but I believe he wasn't quite prepared to make such a jump.  I'm rooting that DCTF has an opening and offers him a gig there. I think he would take that immediately, and be much more comfortable with it too

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Teryor said:

ok.  i'm not trying to convince you of anything or carry water for him? i am not saying he is some incredible writer or scoops guy.

i am saying that he is significantly better than the guy he replaced (EJ), i am saying he puts in a ton of miles, and i am saying he isn't the worst person who covers texas or texas recruiting, that's all. he's perfectly fine. like you said, he is a perfectly vanillas ass dude who likes TXHSFB and that is fine. nothing wrong with that.

carrying water? fuck off with that bullshit.

i completely agree with you on him wanting to work for Dave Campbell's Texas Football and that he would be good at that.

Edited by NoName

40 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I think Mike is a terrific guy overall.. When he was working with the other recruiting pod.. he fell in love with the travel, food stops and interviewing coaching staffs at high schools.  Being hired at 247 is a big thing, but I believe he wasn't quite prepared to make such a jump.  I'm rooting that DCTF has an opening and offers him a gig there. I think he would take that immediately, and be much more comfortable with it too

What are you basing this assessment on? Because he's generally milquetoast, therefor he is terrific? Because he hasn't been caught diddling children (yet)? We know it's not based on his BMI, cholesterol count, risk-taking, ability to draw conclusions, industry connections, etc. 

Terrific is pretty nice compliment. 10 win seasons are terrific. Kate Beckinsale is terrific. The first two or three seasons of Archer are terrific. Blowjobs are terrific. If you're going to sit here and tell us that Mike Roach is the Blowjob of 995ers, you'd better come with receipts or pick another descriptor.  

15 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Who was the guy that said Evan Stewart was coming here for sure?

That was @RGBIII

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

That was Evan Stewart himself to anyone who would listen

Stop trying to distract from your and futureman's past predictions, sir. 

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What are you basing this assessment on? Because he's generally milquetoast, therefor he is terrific? Because he hasn't been caught diddling children (yet)? We know it's not based on his BMI, cholesterol count, risk-taking, ability to draw conclusions, industry connections, etc. 

Terrific is pretty nice compliment. 10 win seasons are terrific. Kate Beckinsale is terrific. The first two or three seasons of Archer are terrific. Blowjobs are terrific. If you're going to sit here and tell us that Mike Roach is the Blowjob of 995ers, you'd better come with receipts or pick another descriptor.  

That was @RGBIII

Stop trying to distract from your and futureman's past predictions, sir. 

dammit.. fuck you @SydneyCarton

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Who was the guy that said Evan Stewart was coming here for sure?

I won’t run  from the negs if my info turns out to not come true. I know I was one of the people who said it. But I heard it directly from Evan and his parents multiple times. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NoName said:

i am saying that he is significantly better than the guy he replaced (EJ), i am saying he puts in a ton of miles, and i am saying he isn't the worst person who covers texas or texas recruiting, that's all. he's perfectly fine. like you said, he is a perfectly vanillas ass dude who likes TXHSFB and that is fine. nothing wrong with that.

While EJ was (is) eccentric and could not be understood by anyone older than him (and many close to his age), he provided great scoop and found great schadenfreude in trolling Hamm. Overall, when it comes to the Texas beat, I don't believe Roach is better at covering recruiting than EJ.

However, neither were/are great...

Edited by MuellerHorn