Could you beat this 70 year olds 100m time?

Caponata

12 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

jeans and sneakers.  were you on grass?  makes a huge difference.  a few friends and i timed our 40s before the pandemic.  tennis shoes, shorts, on a track.  ran it three times, 5.7s and 5.8.  

there are a couple 13 year olds on my son's soccer team who are faster than i ever was.  pretty sure i'm faster than this guy though. 

image.thumb.png.2f04cf092ec9e7f6cc7f1b95efead33e.png

I’d hope so.  He’s dead. Look at him. Why did they have his corpse on display at a track?

On 5/2/2022 at 3:54 PM, Fletch said:

I’m down. We’re doing this in the afternoon, right?

You know I don't wake up before 11 am. 

I did some sprinting my last jog around the neighborhood. I'm feeling confident I can break 14s but I'm a little concerned about the distance and getting in more than a couple attempts. May have to cut down on the heaters for a couple weeks. 

We can do a 40 too. 

Also need to find a track where I can do this without humiliating myself or scaring someone's children. 

Edited by ztejas

On 5/2/2022 at 6:16 PM, Helobious said:

For the general public, anything sub 12 is really, really fucking fast. Sub 13 is very fucking fast. Sub 14 is fast. And so on. 

Even as out of shape as I am I'd imagine I'm still in the top 5% at least of the "general public" when it comes to running as fast as physically possible. Assuming we're including all ages and genders there. 

My main concern here is injuring myself. 

On 5/2/2022 at 10:30 AM, Elvis said:

5,10 and 135 pounds. I was really fast. Heck we were all running high 10s and low 11s. Then I gained 25 pounds and 2 inches. Fast outside line backer. 3A ball in west Texas.  

Olympic levels are high 9s low 10s. 

My coach pissed me off too.  That’s another reason I quit.  We won Regionals sophomore year. Then coach let our best athlete challenge me for my 3rd leg spot for the state race. (He wasn’t running track until the baseball schedule thinned out.) He made us race out of blocks instead of a handoff race.  He won by a nose and let him run. He dropped the batton during the race. Womp womp.  Fuck you coach. 

Plus, the next year, my GF was a freshman at TCU and I didn’t want to miss any parties. Fake ID, credit card, and parents let me hit Ft Worth for sorority parties. 

There is a 99% chance you didn't run that. Were you hand timed? 

Reminds me of this article. Everyone thinks they can run a sub five sec 40 time. 

https://www.outkick.com/reality-you-cant-run-a-sub-50-forty-022414/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Caponata said:

There is a 99% chance you didn't run that. Were you hand timed? 

Reminds me of this article. Everyone thinks they can run a sub five sec 40 time. 

https://www.outkick.com/reality-you-cant-run-a-sub-50-forty-022414/

No he ran an electronic 11.3 at 14 and then quit track because he got too much pussy as a sophomore in high school.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

jeans and sneakers.  were you on grass?  makes a huge difference.  a few friends and i timed our 40s before the pandemic.  tennis shoes, shorts, on a track.  ran it three times, 5.7s and 5.8.  

there are a couple 13 year olds on my son's soccer team who are faster than i ever was.  pretty sure i'm faster than this guy though. 

We were on an uneven grass practice field.  The boys had cleats, which was a big advantage.  We will be on a nicer field tonight.  I may try again.

2 hours ago, Anwar Namtut said:

This thread has made me laugh more than the wives thread, the LOL Pic thread and the dumbass Facebook thread combined.

The following questions always bring major lulz:

-What is your best 40 time?

-How much can you bench?

-Can you dunk/what is your vertical?

-What did you score on the ACT/SAT?

I remember reading a thread on a different sports related forum asking what their 40 time was & all these middle aged guys were posting NFL combine numbers. I don't think anyone overestimates their athletic ability more than white guys over 35 years old.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Caponata said:

The following questions always bring major lulz:

-What is your best 40 time?

-How much can you bench?

-Can you dunk/what is your vertical?

-What did you score on the ACT/SAT?

I remember reading a thread on a different sports related forum asking what their 40 time was & all these middle aged guys were posting NFL combine numbers. I don't think anyone overestimates their athletic ability more than white guys over 35 years old.

Yeah we're much more sophisticated here. You can post your pay stub or the 7-year term on the Corvette you just leased.

On 5/3/2022 at 11:27 PM, longhornmatt said:

The day I can’t run faster than a 12 year old will be the day I stop robbing lemonade stands.

I was fairly fast as a youngster. Played centerfield and had the opportunity to play college baseball. The last time that I raced my son was when he was about this age. I was in my early 40’s. He smoked me.

He ended up being a sprinter in high school running the 100, 200, and being the anchor leg on the sprint relays. I felt a lot better about my loss eventually.

• Like 1

Ran a timed 40 thirty+ years ago in the Army.  Just our CO trying to make PT more interesting and also cut down on all the shit talking about who was faster.  I shocked myself in a good way by running 5.5.  Hand timed so more likely 5.6.  Now I'd have stop after 10 yards to hit my asthma inhaler and call an ambulance.

Edited by Felix
spelling
  • Fuck You 1

On 5/3/2022 at 4:10 PM, nnm said:

I had an unassisted triple play when I was an 8 year old little leaguer. 
Is this how you do it?

When I was in HS, I was playing in a church slow pitch softball tourney. My dad and mom drove up to leave me the car and take the truck. I was on deck, so told them to stick around see me hit a home run.

Jacked a HR on the very next pitch. (5’7” 145 lb).

I’m slow. I can’t jump. I did hit a softball pretty hard, and I had a decent arm (low 80s) way back then.

Now? 

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Like 1