2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Somebody in this region is gonna be pissed. Horns, Frogs, Aggies, Okie St, OU, Tech

Tech can't bitch much about P/O seeding/ hosting.  The Frog sweep and losing 2/3 to OU in Lubbock both said the Red Raiders are fine with someone else choosing their path.

All that being said, fuck aggy.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

Tech can't bitch much about P/O seeding/ hosting.  The Frog sweep and losing 2/3 to OU in Lubbock both said the Red Raiders are fine with someone else choosing their path.

All that being said, fuck aggy.

I really think the committee may screw aggy for their shenanigans in canceling that Tuesday game.

• Haha 1

Congratulations and Hook’em!
Great game by our Horns and they know what’s ahead of them!

I missed from the 3rd on, because I had to pick up my new “Taco” (Tacoma), but the vibes were strong because I bought it from our very own - Red McCombs in SA! (Picks in the Taco thread)

Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Crazy thing is I'm not sure a national seed is out of the question. 

If Texas beats let's say Oklahoma State (#20 RPI) and OU (#29 RPI) they're going to probably be in the 5-7 range of RPI. 

A super is definitely still possible. If we win this tourney our RPI + SOS + number of wins will be hard to say no to. And that whole money thing

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Ewreck10 said:

Let’s go boys! Want Ivan to get that record, feel like he’s pressing a bit. Get beyond that and go streaking, Will Ferrell style.

Fellas need to take him out to the strip club tonight. Buy him some shots and get some tits in his face. 

40 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

I believe it’s 11:00 am on Monday that they come out

In previous years they have announced host sites Sunday night and the full field on Monday. Maybe they changed but that’s how it’s been.

Edited by Hookem2147

4 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:
Texas
Player             
Morehouse, Zane            
Stevens, Tristan            
Harrison, Luke            
Southard, Jared            

Nixon, Aaron 

i imagine this is the Saturday pitching line up. Maybe ex Stevens, and start him for the final Id we can win without him having to pitch 

Nah it will be Hansen Sunday. Sets us up to flip the starters for the regional as well.

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

We definitely want Oklahoma State to win tomorrow. 

They have the better RPI and will have to throw their 5th starter since they’re missing their 3rd starter this week. No clue what they would do in the 2nd game. 

I think I'd be pulling for them regardless. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Nah it will be Hansen Sunday. Sets us up to flip the starters for the regional as well.

I highly, highly doubt we are throwing Hansen on 3 days rest with a hosting spot pretty much wrapped up if we get to that point. If we were fighting to just make the tournament then maybe.

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

I don’t see Pierce starting Hansen on 3 days rest after the amount of pitches he threw. 

Maybe he pitches an inning of relief on Sunday. 

Yeah, MAYBE he is available for an inning out of the pen on what what essentially equate to a bullpen day. But no shot we start him.

The off day tomorrow will help arrange the pitching. Morehouse will obviously start Saturday and if things go south quickly, you just throw the game in the trash from a pitching standpoint (throw Blair or whoever) and start Stevens in the second game. If he throws well and there's a lead to protect or it's a close game, you go for the win then and throw whoever necessary. Even if you win the semifinal in one game on Saturday you are still johnny wholestaffing the championship game on Sunday.

Southard, Johnson and Olivarez (and I guess.....Nixon) are all multi inning guys we haven't used yet this tournament. 

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2