2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I highly, highly doubt we are throwing Hansen on 3 days rest with a hosting spot pretty much wrapped up if we get to that point. If we were fighting to just make the tournament then maybe.

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I don’t see Pierce starting Hansen on 3 days rest after the amount of pitches he threw. 

Maybe he pitches an inning of relief on Sunday. 

Didn’t realize he racked up that many pitches since he just mowed everyone down. I think we need to push hard for the tourney win though because I think that would get us a super.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Didn’t realize he racked up that many pitches since he just mowed everyone down. I think we need to push hard for the tourney win though because I think that would get us a super.

I doubt we host a super even if we win out. We finished 3rd in conference. (T-3rd, right?)

Priority should be locking up a regional and then getting out from there. 

Just now, Revolution512 said:

Have to think about setting up your regional over winning a conference title game IMO.

There is a five day break.

But yeah no way Gordon or Hansen pitch again until the regional just because pitching college pitchers on short rest is only something asshole coaches from Fullerton do. 

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I doubt we host a super even if we win out. We finished 3rd in conference. (T-3rd, right?)

Priority should be locking up a regional and then getting out from there. 

How would things be different if we prioritized winning championships vs not doing so? Seems to me they look the same. We pitch whomever is available and rely on our offense to carry us through.

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

image.gif.ec3acc6502dd39a7c5c31875408d47a6.gif

"3-2 count... runners on the corners for Tennessee... Texas just one pitch away from winning the college world series but clinging onto a one run lead... Duplantier... delivers and LIPSCOMB SWINGS AND MISSES! DUPLANTIER STRIKES OUT TREY LIPSCOMB TO WIN IT FOR THE LONGHORNS!"

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Would we really get that high though? That seems like a hell of a jump. 

They’re #9 in RPI currently and will play a good team in the next 2 games. Assuming they win the next 2.  

I’m not sure about top 5 but it’s definitely possible to get very close to that range. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Would we really get that high though? That seems like a hell of a jump. 

WE are up 12 with the wins over OSU and TCU. Now at 9. Another 2 wins from #20, #29, #33, and #36 would put us close to it, depending on how similar ranked teams do in their conference tournaments. 

23 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I bet Zane will be going 80-100 pitches almost irrespective of how well he is pitching.  So let’s hope for 6 decent innings. 

or maybe they change it up and do the bullpen game first on Saturday and save Zane for game 2 if needed and for Sunday if not?

Nah start Morehouse Saturday. Go for the win. Always. Worry about the next game when you’re there 

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

If not for that random walk off steal and grand slam we'd probably have been ranked top 10 by this point and wouldn't have to sweat about hosting a super. Thankfully we can win the next 2 games and put an end to that discussion 

The South Carolina and Kansas State series will be what screw us from getting a national seed. 

Needed to win 3 or 4 in those series instead of just 2. 

• Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, ztejas said:

"3-2 count... runners on the corners for Tennessee... Texas just one pitch away from winning the college world series but clinging onto a one run lead... Duplantier... delivers and LIPSCOMB SWINGS AND MISSES! DUPLANTIER STRIKES OUT TREY LIPSCOMB TO WIN IT FOR THE LONGHORNS!"

Something tells me Lipscomb chased ball 4. 

• Haha 1

Oh and if Arkansas does it indeed come to town, throw that OMAHOGS shit in their face every chance you get. And if you see someone wearing an OMAHORNS shirt, steal a beer from an OMAHOG and dump it all over the person wearing such a stupid fucking shirt 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Oh and if Arkansas does it indeed come to town, throw that OMAHOGS shit in their face every chance you get. And if you see someone wearing an OMAHORNS shirt, steal a beer from an OMAHOG and dump it all over the person wearing such a stupid fucking shirt 

image.thumb.jpeg.1264ba70e62b6be3b07e2ed1e9dfb98b.jpeg

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

That’ll be the height of her career. She’ll be living with some fat fuck in a trailer pushing meth through the trailer park in 5ish years 

That's no way to talk about the mother of your children Fletch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

What the fuck is “Omahorns”?

The University of Texas at Omaha.

• Hook 'Em 7

It's almost mathematically impossible to get to higher than #7 RPI even if we win out.  We trail Vandy (#6) by 59 RPI points and Stanford (#5) by 75.  To put that in context, #25 Florida is 66 RPI points below UT.  

Everyone ahead of us is playing quality opponents, and they're all likely to play each other once or twice, so losses won't hurt them much.  OSU-Stanford, Tennessee-Vandy, UNC-VT.  Even if Maryland (#4, 86 RPI points ahead) loses twice, they might not fall much.

#7 RPI would be a hell of an accomplishment but we aren't making it any higher than that. 

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, ryskey said:

It's almost mathematically impossible to get to higher than #7 RPI even if we win out.  We trail Vandy (#6) by 59 RPI points and Stanford (#5) by 75.  To put that in context, #25 Florida is 66 RPI points below UT.  

Everyone ahead of us is playing quality opponents, and they're all likely to play each other once or twice, so losses won't hurt them much.  OSU-Stanford, Tennessee-Vandy, UNC-VT.  Even if Maryland (#4, 86 RPI points ahead) loses twice, they might not fall much.

#7 RPI would be a hell of an accomplishment but we aren't making it any higher than that. 

Thank you. This was the answer I was looking for. 

1 hour ago, petscii said:

That's no way to talk about the mother of your children Fletch.

I’ll give credit where credit is due, all the junkies love her meth. She’s one hell of a cook

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

What the fuck is “Omahorns”?

The University of Texas at Omaha.

Exactly. Remember seeing Omahorns shirts or signs or some shit on the tv last year. Made me ragey. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Like this glory I picked up on eBay. Gonna be outdated in a couple weeks though. All good. I’ll snag another one with 38 on the back image.thumb.jpg.bf199883c09abd085a5631f9192b581d.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.96c22da777784da4a4042e1711f5b46b.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

OU wins. Here is hoping Tech wins three straight and needs a 6th starter against us on Sunday.

That would be great but no chance it happens. 

Pitching depth was already a major problem for Texas Tech. If they win 3 games in a row with the arms they’re about to throw it would take a miracle. 

4 hours ago, ryskey said:

This is almost impossible to predict based on other games in play. 

For instance, if Texas State goes on a run in their conference tournament it’s going to really help RPI for Texas. I don’t think you can really figure this out.