2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

TrashMaster G

5 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Cats don't play Stanford until 9 tonight. God damn pacific time zone.

Also, I like the fiction that Stanford is the "away" team at a game played at their home stadium in Palo Alto.

Coin flip. ULL is the home team tonight in college station. 

2 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Cats don't play Stanford until 9 tonight. God damn pacific time zone.

Also, I like the fiction that Stanford is the "away" team at a game played at their home stadium in Palo Alto.

Yeah well that is what happens at Regionals. Texas will be the "visitors" at their Regional at least once as well.

19 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Bama State's jerseys with the gigantic hornet just under the huge lettering that says "HORNETS" crack me up.  They're also leading GaTech 2-1 and threatening more.

They may be helluva engineers but they suck at baseball.

Though they are back up 4-2

21 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

GA Tech grads, although generally very smart people, seem to think their school excels at basketball and baseball. Maybe in the 80s...

21 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Georgia Tech took what I said personal because they are now up 8-2. Either that or Alabama State ran out of pitching already.

Coral Gables Game 1 delayed until at least 5pm.

They should move to the Trop.  Ray are home this afternoon but how long could it take to clear out a couple hundred fans when that's over?

Edited by WBT

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm fine with that.  I get to get pregame watching UT-LaTech, then start the Bobcat game with a big buzz already working.

Sunbelt was strong this year. 4 teams in and 3-1 on day 1. 
My buddy at GA ST- ooof- from 10-2 to 15-15. The series with y’all was pretty typical of the back half of his year- y’all swept him for 3 games all 1 run affairs. Couldn’t get over the hump. Really only his 2nd year there. It was a mess when he took over and he’s got it trending in the right direction but so does the rest of the league apparently. 
good luck in the supers to y’all. 

26 minutes ago, WBT said:

They should move to the Trop.  Ray are home this afternoon but how long could it take to clear out a couple hundred fans when that's over?

Why would they travel all the way across the state?  Did you mean LoanDepot Park, where the Marlins play?

4 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Why would they travel all the way across the state?  Did you mean LoanDepot Park, where the Marlins play?

Yeah that would make more sense.  I somehow forgot the Marlins also have a roof

49 minutes ago, WBT said:

Why make them leave?  Ask them to stick around, GA seating for everyone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know if tech needed birdsell in order to throw up zeroes against Greensboro, but they definitely needed the zeroes as they haven’t scored either. 

I am kind of amazed how punchless they are. Where was this back in March? 

Jesus, I hate Chris Burke.  MoState just hit a 3-run bomb to cut GCU's lead to 7-6 in the 9th.  Burke said that he'd rather have a 2-run double than a 3-run homer there because the homer is a "rally-killer."  

If that were true, MSU's 3rd base coach could just have the hitter stop at 3rd.  If that were true, you'd see GCU's pitcher balk the guy home.  

Lulz, and MSU just hit a 2-run homer to take the lead.