EPL 2022-23: Worldo Cuptus Interuptus

maninblack

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That's a clear foul. Not VAR's fault that the ref didn't call it for whatever reason. 

that's not a clear foul, that exact thing goes uncalled all of the time, this is a physical sport. that's the problem with this shit- it's completely subjective.

and btw, how the FUCK does mctominay not get booked for teo hand shoving martinelli from behind? arsenal have lost players for the entire season *twice* because of fouls like that. total horseshit. 

Edited by shadow_operative

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

that's not a clear foul, that exact thing goes uncalled all of the time, this is a physical sport. that's the problem with this shit- it's completely subjective.

and btw, how the FUCK does mctominay not get booked for teo hand shoving martinelli from behind? arsenal have lost players for the entire season *twice* because of fouls like that. total horseshit. 

Dude take it to the Arsenal thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

come on he fucking pushed him to the ground WITH NO ATTEMPT TO PLAY THE BALL

sure it happens a hundred times a game when both players are leveraging their weight and appendages to win or control the ball

not the case here

proper call

So much this. It wasn't a 50-50 ball. It was in clear possession of Eriksen and the defender blew through him to steal the ball.

Anyway, whatever, justice prevails., they got the call right.

Now if VAR makes this a red, everyone should laugh really loudly.

at the end of the day, that goal being called back obviously irks me, but i won't deny that tierney had a right to call that a foul. the fact that it affects arsenal- on the road against united no less- is clearly the reason that i'm particularly irked, *however*, the rage is real, and it's not about arsenal.

i hate what VAR has done to the game. you can't even celebrate a goal anymore, you have to wait and wonder and see and hope before you even know if your goal is really a goal. it's easily my least favorite aspect of EPL football. it ruins the beauty and passion of the game, not to mention the viewing experience. 

Edited by shadow_operative

21 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

as a pool fan this antony fucker is worrisome

i don't like someone with spit and fire kissing their shield

Yup. Was thinking in the minutes before Antony scored that he's is a nice player but probably not a 100m player*. Utd won't mind overpaying if he continues scoring goals.

And it's still just fucking insane that City got Haaland for half that.

Edited by Dutch