EPL 2022-23: Worldo Cuptus Interuptus

maninblack

48 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

7354D45B-31C1-4511-A40F-D249006609A9.jpeg

ok, maybe i am not understanding the *potential add-ons.. but according to transfermarkt.. City is a +£18.36m

All those numbers look pretty close to what transfermarkt has.. but the City one looks weird. I mean, they sold Sterling, Jesus, and Zinchenko for about £130m

58 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

4317A5E7-142C-4DEC-9870-0892DCE7410E.jpeg

speaking of nunez, since he is clearly a complete fucking lunatic in the fashion of his predecessor, does frank potentially sacrifice an fb to bait nunez into going all uruguayan this weekend for merseyside?

an interesting thought.  as with all liverpool games across all competitions, there will undoubtedly be some fireworks on the touchline.

Damn, thought we might get three points there a couple of times in the second half. They played better for a bit of that game for sure. Liverpool still seems sluggish and are struggling to figure out the right personnel. 

that VAR was so disappointing. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

there's absolutely nothing there. the contact is minimal, and it did nothing to affect the play. absolute horseshit call. a three point call.

If that happened to Arsenal's keeper and it wasn't called, your head would come off your body and start orbiting the sun as a new, enraged planet.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, Mendy made the most of it.  

I'd agree that it's a borderline call.

Probably don't kick the goalkeeper in the chest, tho?

he didn't kick the keeper in the chest. not even close. ive seen more violence from a player holding the mascot's hand walking out of the tunnel. soccer is a contact sport, and shit like that makes me ragey. his foot gently carreses mendy's chest and we decide the entire match based on that. 

Edited by shadow_operative

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

If that happened to Arsenal's keeper and it wasn't called, your head would come off your body and start orbiting the sun as a new, enraged planet.

nope. i've never had an issue with shit like that. not even close. if it's a foul it's a foul, if it's not it's not. i don't care if it benefits my team. that will never affect the way i adjudge a play. that play was nowhere close to foul, and it being called a foul is pathetic. there are *literally* dozens and dozens of plays in every single match, including this one, where there's more contact, where the play is affected, and where nothing is called, rightfully so. for that to even be called a foul is horrible. the fact that it decided the match is criminal. 

2 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

I’m going to assume you’re joking because everyone and their mother on this board knows what I’m talking about. 

do you have a link or not, i did not watch the fucking tottenham game.

Edited by shadow_operative

Yeah, I didn't think Chelsea would get it at first.  But replay clearly showed the boot connecting with Mendy's chest.  Some refs are gonna give that and some aren't.  It's pretty fucking far from the worst call we'll see all season.

I mean, we recently had a guy thrown to the ground by his hair and it wasn't called, and that cost us two points.  So, we're even.  And Tottenham is still owed a fucking.

Edited by TexArcher

23 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, I didn't think Chelsea would get it at first.  But replay clearly showed the boot connecting with Mendy's chest.  Some refs are gonna give that and some aren't.  It's pretty fucking far from the worst call we'll see all season.

I mean, we recently had a guy thrown to the ground by his hair and it wasn't called, and that cost us two points.  So, we're even.  And Tottenham is still owed a fucking.

There wasn't much in it at all. It wasn't clear. It wasn't obvious. VAR has been pretty useless.

i love soccer with a passion, but this type of inconsistent, indefensible officiating is one of the few things that makes me rage against the machine. i cannot reconcile what i've seen consistently over the years, with this chelsea call being the latest example: i watch guys like Giroud, Lukaku, and and Carroll just get bludgeoned to death in the box on corner after corner, and not only does nothing ever get called, these guys don't even complain because they already know it'll never get called. then some shit like this happens, where mendy receives a light, feathery caress from an opposing player and it gets called a foul on VAR review and literally decides the match. it's madness.

12 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Well MANARS gonna be big

tomorrow morning is where the fairytale start to the season is supposed to end. it's man u, it's on the road, we have a ton of injuries, i mean everything points towards a 2-1 or even 2-0 man u victory. BUT, lest ye think this is some sort of pre-excuse for an Arsenal loss, i want to go on record as saying that i still believe, and that it's anyone's game tomorrow, barring the two referees from manchester taking over.

if players like Sambi Lokonga or Fabio Vieira have to start then so be it. we are in a better position than Man U in terms of cohesiveness and momentum, we have an tactical advantage at manager, but more than anything, we have Gabriel Jesus. for the first time since RvP's last season, we have a guy who is a legit threat to score any time he touches the ball in the final third. i'm really looking forward to seeing how we perform tomorrow, and using it as a measuring stick for where we are when dealing with injuries.