EPL 2022-23: Worldo Cuptus Interuptus

maninblack

45 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

and i thought we were going to take this seriously, smh. 

is this about gabriel? because if so, then a)the ball hit his chest before it hit his hand, and b:

It was hands. It glanced his chest, that didn’t alter the ball into his hand. Not sure xG has to do with anything especially when one team took a penalty and the other didn’t in a one goal game.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

It was hands. It glanced his chest, that didn’t alter the ball into his hand. Not sure xG has to do with anything especially when one team took a penalty and the other didn’t in a one goal game.

the rule states that it's not a handball if it deflects off another part of the body first. and the xG just illustrates how weak it is to act like liverpool got screwed. arsenal deserved the win, and were particularly dominant in the 2H.

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the rule states that it's not a handball if it deflects off another part of the body first. and the xG just illustrates how weak it is to act like liverpool got screwed. arsenal deserved the win, and were particularly dominant in the 2H.

Post the rule.

Where did I act like Liverpool got screwed. I said “hands doesn’t count anymore” moments after it happened. Liverpool fucking suck this year. The defending is a joke. The club didn’t deserve to win today. None of that has anything to do with what I said. It was handball in the box and they missed it.

i tried finding the exact rule but couldn't, and in all honesty i took it on someone else's word that the rule book says that it's not a penalty when it deflects off of a player's body into his own hand. either way, the EPL came out and clarified that the reason it wasn't called a pen was due to gabriel's close proximity to jota, as well as his hand's close proximity to his body:

4BE201A8-181B-4F06-8717-93C9AC2FDA9D.jpeg

Just now, shadow_operative said:

i tried finding the exact rule but couldn't, and in all honesty i took it on someone else's word that the rule book says that it's not a penalty when it deflects off of a player's body into his own hand. either way, the EPL came out and clarified that the reason it wasn't called a pen was due to gabriel's close proximity to jota, as well as his hand's close proximity to his body:

4BE201A8-181B-4F06-8717-93C9AC2FDA9D.jpeg

Which also is not in rules. “Close proximity to his body”. Lulz

• Hook 'Em 1

found the rule:

Non-Handball Situations

The situations below should not (usually) be penalized by a penalty/free-kick unless they are one of the situations from the above section:

The ball touches a player's hand/arm directly from their own body (incl. Head, torso, foot), or the body of an opponent who is close to them

https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/fouls-and-misconduct/#direct-free-kick

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

found the rule:

Non-Handball Situations

The situations below should not (usually) be penalized by a penalty/free-kick unless they are one of the situations from the above section:

The ball touches a player's hand/arm directly from their own body (incl. Head, torso, foot), or the body of an opponent who is close to them

https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/fouls-and-misconduct/#direct-free-kick

Where did you find this? It’s not at the link you posted and I don’t see it anywhere on the FA or IFAB rules.

Villa have been the more threatening side in the last 20 minutes since Tyrone's fuck-up... requiring multiple top-shelf saves by the Chelsea keeper.

Still 1-nil to the visitors though.
Y'all generally had the better run of play throughout the game, but a couple of poor mistakes, great keeping by kepa, and a poor reffing decision made the difference. As a Chelsea supporter, it's weird being on the good side of a game like that after the year we've had.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Y'all generally had the better run of play throughout the game, but a couple of poor mistakes, great keeping by kepa, and a poor reffing decision made the difference. As a Chelsea supporter, it's weird being on the good side of a game like that after the year we've had.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yup... good teams find ways to win 2-nil even on days like that, and mid-to-lower teams lose 2-nil.

And here we are.