EPL 2022-23: Worldo Cuptus Interuptus

maninblack

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

What's up with Pulisic? He looked like warm dog poop.

He's being played out of position off of the bench for a team that I'm not sure he really wants to play for and on top of that (or because of that?) he's pressing the issue. 

Not that it matters - the entire fucking team was horrendous today save maybe Raheem and Kova who were meh. 

Raheem is our only attacker that's scored a fucking goal this season. 

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Big win from Southampton.

after the 4-1 opener to Spurs the season looked dire, but..

• Ralph ditched the 3CB formation
  • The 5 new signees have all contributed w/ AKB and Lavia being especially immense.
  • They have found a more than capable LB cover in Djenepo (position change)
  • Still have final 3rd issues - Need to bring in 2 to 3 more players : an impact striker and/or maybe a creative AM, and possible CB cover.
  • Che Adams' hold-up play has really developed this season
  • Tino Livramento back for the 2nd half of the season will be a boost.

Not getting too excited. This season is still about finishing 17th or higher. But no Saints fan thought we would have 7 points from Spurs, Leeds, Leicester, Man U and Chelsea after 5 matches.

- I cant remember a year where predicting the 3 teams to go down has been harder (with the exception of Bournemouth)

Edited by yoladu

48 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

And yet some pundits wanted to question if he could fit within City's system before the season. 

Any "pundit" that questioned that should be fired. Of course he was going to fit. They wanted Kane in the position last year and he is a bigger, stronger and younger version of Kane.

There was the question if he was going to need some time to adjust to the EPL game, but clearly not. The EPL game needs to adjust to him.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I just assumed it was still illegal to pick players up and throw them out of the way.

https://streamin.me/v/332f86ef (bc other one broke)

the problem is that Saka throws his legs out to force the issue. It makes it look like he flopped. What he should have done was to keep trying to play the ball but not reach it.

Edited by Captain Ron

7 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

the problem is that Saka throws his legs out to force the issue. It makes it look like he flopped. What he should have done was to keep trying to play the ball but not reach it.

I felt the problem was when Saka was picked up off the ground.

image.png.eb9f4aedc57cdb45b52067281468928b.png

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I felt the problem was when Saka was picked up off the ground.

image.png.eb9f4aedc57cdb45b52067281468928b.png

Hey, I agree Saka is getting fouled there. I’m just telling you at the moment you’re showing here, Saka is also trying to body him up to get him back. He’s grabbed and held and then throws out his legs looking like a flop. He should stick his legs out showing that he’s being held.

There are ways to draw a call, this isn’t it. 

13 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Look, bro. It's the EPL. The refs suck ass. It's just your turn in the box.

This. 

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

so are we going to hear more bitching about refs from liverpool when they scored in the 8th minute of 5 minutes of extra time?

lulz.

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Eat a bag of dicks, you Saudi sportswashing cunts!

Nope. I’m with these guys. 

4 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Any "pundit" that questioned that should be fired. Of course he was going to fit. They wanted Kane in the position last year and he is a bigger, stronger and younger version of Kane.

There was the question if he was going to need some time to adjust to the EPL game, but clearly not. The EPL game needs to adjust to him.

Just wait until he has to go to Stoke on a cold, damp Tuesday night in January.

The idea that he wasn't going to dominate was always wishful thinking.

19 hours ago, WBT said:

Just wait until he has to go to Stoke on a cold, damp Tuesday night in January.

The idea that he wasn't going to dominate was always wishful thinking.

There is succeeding and then there is scoring 9 goals in 5 games. That's pretty ridiculous. Even people that saw him succeeding didn't see him scoring at this clip.

On 8/31/2022 at 3:19 PM, MoJames said:

I just assumed it was still illegal to pick players up and throw them out of the way.

https://streamin.me/v/332f86ef (bc other one broke)

i mean the video says it all. he's grabbing Saka's shirt, tugging on him, wrapping both arms around him, and then throwing him to the ground, all inside the box. if that were granit xhaka it would have been a straight red and everyone here would be laughing their asses off and calling xhaka an idiot. 

btw i read that that was the official's first ever match in charge of an EPL game. the guy was horrific, and if that's true, he needs to go back down a level or two. he's clearly not ready for the PL.