Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Pierce seems to be a really good player manager but he struggles with some real basic things in his decision making. He needs a real pitching coach who has autonomy of pitching decisions and he needs a 3rd base coach.

And someone who can teach baserunning skills/IQ. Gotta hold the players accountable for that too, not just the base coaches. But yeah, Pierce needs to get off the field.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm pretty sure Pierce isn't the guy(just too much WTF) but you have to make sure you can seriously upgrade before you make a move.  and it won't happen for at least 2 years anyway.

I don’t agree with this at all. There’s no way to know for sure who would even be available until there’s a opening. 

That said, you can’t fire a guy if he makes it to the super regionals each year. But if Pierce has a season going forward where the team doesn’t make the postseason all bets are off. 

Of all the sports on campus baseball should be able to have the pick of the litter. They were able to hire Garrido for goodness sakes. This last go around was a nationwide salary raising fiasco before they ended up with Pierce as their fallback/fallback/fallback plan. I had hoped Texas got lucky and found the guy. Maybe he still is. But this season has put a damper on all of us. Too many aspects of the program missing cylinders. 

Hopefully next year exceeds our expectations and we start feeling like things are back on track. Otherwise we’ll have to hope for a season that causes us to pull the ripcord, and those are miserable. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

Of all the sports on campus baseball should be able to have the pick of the litter. They were able to hire Garrido for goodness sakes. This last go around was a nationwide salary raising fiasco before they ended up with Pierce as their fallback/fallback/fallback plan. I had hoped Texas got lucky and found the guy. Maybe he still is. But this season has put a damper on all of us. Too many aspects of the program missing cylinders. 

No real AD was the problem.  I think they could money whip the top coaches with CDC.

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

You guys are killing me with all this off season talk during the game. I want to paricipation, can we please wait until the many months in the offseason to talk about this?

I did this before the Hodo homer, because I'm a HUGE gambler. 

image.png.635d371110fbdfd3e6e92b97d8b92c6f.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Well his hands are kinda tied because you only get 2 paid assistants and a volunteer assistant. His volunteer assistant doesn’t want to coach a base (which is what they normally do at other programs), and pitching coaches aren’t coaching a base. So it’s either get Tulo out of the dugout and he won’t be able to talk to hitters or keep things the way they are.

I've never understood why baseball is so limited in the rules when it comes to assistant coaches. Can anyone explain it to me in a way that makes sense?

Just now, wood said:

I've never understood why baseball is so limited in the rules when it comes to assistant coaches. Can anyone explain it to me in a way that makes sense?

Parity. Means more good coaches for the poorer schools.

Obviously really freaking bad for the coaches though.