Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

10 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

All this bitterness is going to get washed away when the tower is lit up for the track and field teams. 

And no, I’m not being serious. I just wish I was. I thought this team was going to be a juggernaut in the preseason. It felt like it started falling apart with Witt’s Tommy John, then Nixon lost his location, then…then…then. 

I hope this team can come back and win another tomorrow. It doesn’t feel real to be in this situation. UT sports isn’t the same to me without a dominant baseball program, which is what it felt like we had turned into. This season has been a bummer and a wake up call.

Preseason number one to getting bounced in the supers by East Carolina will make a lot of Texas baseball fans cranky.

18 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

If you’ve watched baseball, you know that courtesy is extended a shit ton. For safety purposes. You saw Hodos slide right? Awkward and some even commented that he could have gotten hurt.

I never said it was against the rules. It is chicken shit if that in fact occurred.

Doesn’t excuse Hodo. Or the ump. Or Pierce.

So, you’re a believer that the INF had time to speak to Hodo while trying to catch a throw and make a tag?

No, the more likely scenario was Hodo doing the lazy soft shoe down to 2B and realized too late there’s was going to be a play.  No INF, no umpire, no Pierce (other than promoting lousy baserunning habits by doing nothing to straighten out the mess since he’s been here).

ALL HODO … and if he got hurt, I’m sure he has a mirror in his room to see who’s at fault.

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Weak mental team. Not good.

This shit is so old. Just because a team loses a game or a series or makes an error doesn’t mean they are mentally weak. Unless you are inside the program and have concrete examples of guys not being able to handle the pressure.

This team responded to adversity multiple times this year. Run ruled Tech after 2 insane walk off losses, avoided a road sweep at Kansas State without Melendez, won a doubleheader at a place  they had never won a series at before this year, advanced to the Big 12 championship game despite having 2 reliable starters.

• Hook 'Em 1

The unwritten baseball rules generally go out the window in pressure games. We need to Be smarter 

I never said different about being smarter. Finish the play. Generally speaking, unwritten rules of baseball are dumb.

I’m mostly pissed at Pierce for not challenging. Unfortunately, that play changed this game. Then our offense went in the tank.
  • Hook 'Em 1

they are going to call him safe.

you can't just put the glove in front of the bag anymore.  you have to go at the runner hard.  this type of play is the problem with review.  If Silas goes at him hard and nails him he gets thrown out.

Still time to shock the world here, as impossible as it of course feels. But if ECU wins this series, I'll be first in line to say they deserved to. In no facet of the game have we appeared to be doing more than going through the motions. 

I was feeling great when Hansen threw that gem against OSU. That now seems about eight years ago. This collapse is a death quiver in slow motion. I'd rather it end with a walkoff loss than this lethargic fade. 

• Hook 'Em 1