Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

Just now, SL Xpress said:

What do you mean what do you do? You can’t fire a guy for a super regional appearance even at Texas. The program is going to have to implode first. I’m not exactly on board with that. Hopefully Pierce figures it out. The depressing aspect is this time last year, I thought he had. 

Yeah the turnaround over the last 11.5 months has been.... puzzling.

3 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Texas sports has seemingly made it a point to embarrass themselves on a national stage the last 15 years.

At least we have bevo blvd right CDC?

Lol wut. We have 4 titles and 5 runner up finishes THIS YEAR. Elite 8 in WBB and volleyball. Final 16 in men’s tennis, women’s golf, baseball. Won an NCAAT game for MBB for the first time in a long time 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

This shit is so old. Just because a team loses a game or a series or makes an error doesn’t mean they are mentally weak. Unless you are inside the program and have concrete examples of guys not being able to handle the pressure.

This team responded to adversity multiple times this year. Run ruled Tech after 2 insane walk off losses, avoided a road sweep at Kansas State without Melendez, won a doubleheader at a place  they had never won a series at before this year, advanced to the Big 12 championship game despite having 2 reliable starters.

Weak teams lose a lot on the road. This team loses a lot on the road. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I'm pretty sure Pierce isn't the guy(just too much WTF) but you have to make sure you can seriously upgrade before you make a move.  and it won't happen for at least 2 years anyway.

Pierce seems to be a really good player manager but he struggles with some real basic things in his decision making. He needs a real pitching coach who has autonomy of pitching decisions and he needs a 3rd base coach.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm pretty sure Pierce isn't the guy(just too much WTF) but you have to make sure you can seriously upgrade before you make a move.  and it won't happen for at least 2 years anyway.

This is the hard part who would we bring In? Heefner had DBU implode 2nd half of the year, Sarloos let aggy into the supers. Does Corbin really check all the boxes and would he ever come?

Edited by davi34
Spelling and shit

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Pierce seems to be a really good player manager but he struggles with some real basic things in his decision making. He needs a real pitching coach who has autonomy of pitching decisions and he needs a 3rd base coach.

Money whip Skip 

We’re Texas 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, davi34 said:

This is the hard part who would we bring I ?Heefner had DBU implode 2nd half of the year, Sarloos let aggy into the supers. Does Corbin really check all the boxes and would he ever come?

I'm not even worried about it at this point.  it is at least 2 years away and he'd have to crater pretty good the second year.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Well his hands are kinda tied because you only get 2 paid assistants and a volunteer assistant. His volunteer assistant doesn’t want to coach a base (which is what they normally do at other programs), and pitching coaches aren’t coaching a base. So it’s either get Tulo out of the dugout and he won’t be able to talk to hitters or keep things the way they are.