Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

4 more times to bat. Feel good about us scoring 5+ runs.

do not feel good about preventing them from scoring 5+, let alone 1.

hopefully we find that 1 reliever from their bullpen that isn’t ready for the situation and gives us 2 or 3 free bases + a meatball before they do anything

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, wood said:

One thing is for sure, getting upset about the Horns down only helps to peretuate it. If you want it to go away, then learn to ignore it. ... r even do it too, like someone was saying earlier about when we played at Arkansas last year. If we put our Horns up, down, sideways, or backwards all over the place, who else is gonna want to do it?

Whole thing is idiotic.  I went to the game in Dallas with all ISU and UT fans and when I got some horns up in my face I just did a horns up too.  Seeing the confusion is nice.  Although none of those fans had the room temp IQ I’m seeing in this crowd.  Yikes 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea sorry that’s ridiculous. Don’t listen to the opposition. 

Yeah do we have any idea if that really happened? If so, yeah it's bush league, but you have to be smarter than that. And you don't stand up on any steal attempt unless a coach is yelling "up" at your dumb ass. Stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Can you find that business about lying to a baserunner in the rule book for me?  I must have missed that one …

You did. It’s right next to the obstruction rule when a base runner slows down in front of fielder. 

• Haha 3

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Whole thing is idiotic.  I went to the game in Dallas with all ISU and UT fans and when I got some horns up in my face I just did a horns up too.  Seeing the confusion is nice.  Although none of those fans had the room temp IQ I’m seeing in this crowd.  Yikes 

Yeah it's a pretty 'special' crowd.

6 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

4 more times to bat. Feel good about us scoring 5+ runs.

do not feel good about preventing them from scoring 5+, let alone 1.

hopefully we find that 1 reliever from their bullpen that isn’t ready for the situation and gives us 2 or 3 free bases + a meatball before they do anything

Olivarez can do it. 

Can you find that business about lying to a baserunner in the rule book for me?  I must have missed that one …

If you’ve watched baseball, you know that courtesy is extended a shit ton. For safety purposes. You saw Hodos slide right? Awkward and some even commented that he could have gotten hurt.

I never said it was against the rules. It is chicken shit if that in fact occurred.

Doesn’t excuse Hodo. Or the ump. Or Pierce.
  • Like 1

All this bitterness is going to get washed away when the tower is lit up for the track and field teams. 

And no, I’m not being serious. I just wish I was. I thought this team was going to be a juggernaut in the preseason. It felt like it started falling apart with Witt’s Tommy John, then Nixon lost his location, then…then…then. 

I hope this team can come back and win another tomorrow. It doesn’t feel real to be in this situation. UT sports isn’t the same to me without a dominant baseball program, which is what it felt like we had turned into. This season has been a bummer and a wake up call.

Just now, LTtxfan said:

This ecu pitcher already has 4 strikeouts.  Terrible approach at the plate by Texas hitters has helped gift this series away...

Ferk

we were gifted an easy regional.  might have been the easiest. we really shouldn't even be here.

6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

If you’ve watched baseball, you know that courtesy is extended a shit ton. For safety purposes. You saw Hodos slide right? Awkward and some even commented that he could have gotten hurt.

I never said it was against the rules. It is chicken shit if that in fact occurred.

Doesn’t excuse Hodo. Or the ump. Or Pierce.

The unwritten baseball rules generally go out the window in pressure games. We need to Be smarter 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

We don’t seem like we want to be at the plate right now. 

Nah we just don’t have it working right now. I don’t see disinterest and I don’t see guys pressing. I’m seeing good ECU pitching. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

We can't even get on base. This might be the worst this team has played all season. 

KSU and OSU series say hello. Fact is this season hasn’t been good, and is a major disappointment given where we started and that we finally have great bats.