2018-19 NCAA Basketball Season

Goo Punch

58 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I get that AU is a different team than Duke. They shoot a lot from outside. But damn, Williamson just tripped the AU guy.

AU has shot 30 3s, but they have also shot 44 non-3s. Duke has shot 30 non-3s but has shot 32 FTs to 9 for AU.

Auburn doesn’t attack the rim, especially with their guards. That along with the fact that their guards just aren’t as good is going to lead to fewer free throws. That is lopsided for sure but just look at the players. Every starter for Duke can attack the rim and most of them try to draw and play through contact, especially RJ and Zion.

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Auburn doesn’t attack the rim, especially with their guards. That along with the fact that their guards just aren’t as good is going to lead to fewer free throws. That is lopsided for sure but just look at the players. Every starter for Duke can attack the rim and most of them try to draw and play through contact, especially RJ and Zion.

I get what you are saying. But When Duke plays such good defense there have to be some fouls.

It was like I mentioned at halftime when Harper was clearly hit on the wrist as he attempted the layup at the buzzer, but all Schulman and Bilas said was about Williamson and the block asking if he got Harper with the body.

Duke had a five rebound edge. We’re they all clean rebounds with no contact by Duke? AU did not play horribly on the offensive glass so they went at it a bit. Williamson tripped an AU guy, no foul. Even Bilas said the refs missed two flagrant fouls on Duke. 

All people want is fair, and Duke always seems to get the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Underdog said:

The games are already crazy good, but these Duke/UNC games should even more bonkers this season.  

I think the Duke v. UVA game will be better.  UNC has some legnth, but everyone on their team is a string bean.  Duke has legit size that is full and thick.  They are going to manhandle UNC and then they will run with UNC too.  I think UVA slowing the game down a ton is the only way duke is going to be beat.  They are just damn good.

15 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

Duke players look like some grown ass men tonight. They'll probably drop one at some point, but they look like the type of team that has a chance to go undefeated this season.

My younger daughter is a freshman at Duke. (Sorry, no pics, so neg me.) It's an amazing university with incredible facilities, for sure. She met Zion and said that he is very nice, actually. When you go into Cameron Indoor Arena, the first thing that strikes you is how small it really is. Seems like it's the biggest high school gym that you've ever seen. Their basketball museum is a must-see. 

2018-08-21-18-03-29.jpg

2018-08-21-17-50-27.jpg

2018-08-21-17-50-33.jpg

30 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

My younger daughter is a freshman at Duke. (Sorry, no pics, so neg me.) It's an amazing university with incredible facilities, for sure. She met Zion and said that he is very nice, actually. When you go into Cameron Indoor Arena, the first thing that strikes you is how small it really is. Seems like it's the biggest high school gym that you've ever seen. Their basketball museum is a must-see. 

2018-08-21-18-03-29.jpg

2018-08-21-17-50-27.jpg

2018-08-21-17-50-33.jpg

Serious congrats as she is embarking on a great life experience there!  

At the half Pitt leads St. Louis by 5. Capel has done a fantastic job so far. Things have really been changed from the top - down. From coaching down to nutrition. The kids are in much better shape than the last few seasons, even stretching into the end of Jamie's run. We will take out lumps against some teams in ACC play, but we will, I think, win a bunch more than last year, which was an 0-19 in ACC play season. Against the bottom half of the ACC I think Pitt can be competitive.

Just now, UTDD said:

Serious congrats as she is embarking on a great life experience there!  

Appreciate it. We are truly amazed by what doors have already opened for her. Hope to catch a game there. 

It's such a basketball school, I did have to laugh. If you purchased the bball pre-season scrimmage event tickets for parents weekend, they threw in free football tickets as a bonus. 

Stopped  by CIS a few years ago, very cool place and the Museum was top notch, beautiful campus as is Diploma Mill next door. 

They were holding some sort of fantasy camp as we got to see K, Bilas, Gminski there.  Also saw Feinstein sneaking out a door, wanted to follow him and kick his ass. 

Edited by Underdog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

At the half Pitt leads St. Louis by 5. Capel has done a fantastic job so far. Things have really been changed from the top - down. From coaching down to nutrition. The kids are in much better shape than the last few seasons, even stretching into the end of Jamie's run. We will take out lumps against some teams in ACC play, but we will, I think, win a bunch more than last year, which was an 0-19 in ACC play season. Against the bottom half of the ACC I think Pitt can be competitive.

Pitt at the line in Brooklyn, up 1 with 00:3 to go. I think St. Louis was one of the favorites in the Atlantic 10. Pitt wins, 75-73 to go 6-0 on the season.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Damn I didn't know Pitt was nice. Who is your coach and best player/players?

I won't say that Pitt is nice. But I will say when we were tailgating down at Wake this weekend we were all talking about the hoops team and it was amazing how nobody mentioned the past two seasons. Those were the Kevin Stallings seasons after Jamie Dixon left to take the TCU job. They were completely forgettable.

We are a very young team, starting two freshman guards, Xavier Johnson and Trey McGowens. 

Below are highlights from today.

Pitt will be very challenged inside this season. But the guys are pretty athletic otherwise. It will be a challenging season, but much better than the past two seasons.

3 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Jeff Capel, took over after Stallings was fired after his two horrid seasons.

Oooooh a Coach K product. That's exciting. 

I was at SMU when we had Larry and it was a lot of fun. Despite the NCAA fucking us multiple times and the 2 heartbreakers in the tourney. 

It's always fun going from being shitty to being watchable and a team that can pull off some upsets.

Just now, Catdaddyhorn said:

Great pace on this Duke vs Gonzaga game. 

Gonna have to flip that on when I get home. Don't watch much college ball but Zion is cant miss. Pops went to grad school at Duke so I can get away with cheering for them every now and then.

Zags still good like they are every year?