Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

Apprenticeship, if you will...

Funny part to that is he came from Cooper, Texas, now a 3A school probably with around 60 kids in his Senior class.  There he is finding his niche.   LOL and SMDH at the same time.  If Tech has had a better BIG back in my lifetime, i don't remember him.

One of my friends on our intramural flag football team that freshman year was from somewhere around Kilgore.  Had to go up against Bam in a high school football game.  The guy is like 5'11''-6'0'', maybe 185-195 lbs playing DE in high school.  Said when he went to tackle Bam, it was like a freight train had ran over him at full speed.  Bam was bigger than any other player on the field except for maybe 1 or 2 OL, and he's just a man amongst boys destroying anyone who got in his way.

On 8/26/2023 at 10:10 AM, GreenspointTexas said:

College Station/Texas a&m is more appealing 

Calling total bullshit. Most people I know that graduated from aggy left right after graduation and have no intentions of ever going back to visit aggieland. 2 of those being one of my brothers and my oldest sister. Also, a lot of their friends that attended have never gone back. 

40 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Calling total bullshit. Most people I know that graduated from aggy left right after graduation and have no intentions of ever going back to visit aggieland. 2 of those being one of my brothers and my oldest sister. Also, a lot of their friends that attended have never gone back. 

It's a shithole, honestly. Every time I've gone there it's been extremely depressing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Time to have some fun in this thread...

----------------------------------------------

2023 last week

Nice to see Joey get involved...

McGuire, without naming the schools, referred to OU and UT as "these so-called bluebloods — and I really question that. One of them's really good in Olympic sports."

McGuire credited Yormark with thinking outside the box and stabilizing the Big 12.

"I know he has a plan to close the gap," McGuire said, "but part of my job is to close it even faster. He said it: Part of my job is to make that team in burnt orange — if that's really a color — if that team leaves, then make sure that they're going to a conference that they can no longer compete in this conference with teams that are in this conference."

"There is an opportunity to put the Red Raiders at the forefront of this conference," McGuire said, "and I don't want to wait 'til 2024 when it's a new conference. It's more important to do it in 2023 when those old two are still here so they can understand exactly who runs the Big 12."

----------------------------------------------

TODAY from FKB

• Haha 1

Unfortunately it attacked his knee, or his record setting  season would have been even more productive.

NCAA Record Statistic
Season Passing Yards (Total)[6] / Season Passing Yards (13 Games)[6] 5,976 – 5,833 passing, 143 rushing (2003)
Season Passing Yards (12 Games)[6] 5,336 (2003)
Most yards gained passing, season[6] 5,833 (2003)
Most passes attempted, season[6] 719 (2003)
Most yards gained passing in 4 consecutive games[6] 2,239 (Sep 20 – Oct 11, 2003)
Most yards gained, Total Offense, season[6] 5,976 (2003)
Most yards gained, Total Offense, 3 games[6] 1,799 (2003)
Most yards gained, Total Offense, 4 games[6] 2,328 (2003)
Most games gaining 400 yards or more, Total Offense, season[6] 11 (2003)
Most consecutive games gaining 400 yards or more, Total Offense, season[6] 9 (2003)
Most consecutive games gaining 400 yards or more, Total Offense, career[6] 9 (2003)
Edited by slorch

4 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Excuse the fuck outta me for trying to inject a bit of levity. You might want to re-watch Fight Club.

Wasn’t taking a shot, and I did laugh.  Calm down bro. 

Joey, tell us how you prepared for Wyoming?  Was it Wyoming's talent that put them over the top?  That's an interesting direction you got the team heading into for their game against Oregon.  Hello of a strategy trying to get Oregon to overlook their game against Tech with this loss--think it'll work?  

• Haha 7