Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

15 minutes ago, WBT said:

Lulz at all the national writers hyping tech preseason as conf champion contenders based on...a lucky win last year over texas with a backup qb?  A coach they like because he likes to run his mouth?

It was the win over Texas and OU in the same season--a feat never before accomplished by tech--that got their hype train rolling. At 1-3/0-1 they're in standard tech territory.

They get Cougar High at home next week to lick their wounds. Then it's at Baylor, home vs KSU and at BYU to finish October. If they go worse than 2-2 in that stretch then you can dig a hole west of Lubbock to bury their season.

4 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

It was the win over Texas and OU in the same season--a feat never before accomplished by tech--that got their hype train rolling. At 1-3/0-1 they're in standard tech territory.

They get Cougar High at home next week to lick their wounds. Then it's at Baylor, home vs KSU and at BYU to finish October. If they go worse than 2-2 in that stretch then you can dig a hole west of Lubbock to bury their season.

star-trek-hes-dead-jim.gif

Contrary to previous reports, the Leach Curse has not been lifted.  Maybe it's a hunnert years.  Whatever...  we're used to it.

9 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

The curse can’t be lifted until every piece of his treasure is returned and the blood of one of the betrayers is spilled.

I'm down with that.

This is the Tech season mean.  It's the very reason the idiots who railed against Leach's average games on per season, as if it was so prevalent in our past, were out of their fucking minds.  The mindset was the very foundation of my disdain and cynical laughter for them.

Being in contention for shit was not normal.  National exposure was not normal.  Paying a coach market value scared the living fuck out of them.

They'd rather have what we have had the past 13.5 seasons.  It's their comfort zone.  It sucks.

Edited by slorch

12 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Wonder how this blowhard is handling things…

Their season may have been far from lost, but they’re closing in on it at about Mach Two.

It’s good for them that Sarkisian isn’t as petty as I am, because he’ll definitely let off the gas and use the brakes. I’d have Murphy or Manning throwing to Cook in the end zone up 50. And then going for two.

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 1

Trending towards Misery in the USA Today Misery Index

Texas Tech

If you can’t score two touchdowns, you should not be allowed to call yourself an Air Raid program. Texas Tech, which was one of the Air Raid originals under the late Mike Leach, didn’t do much Airing or Raiding at West Virginia. In fact, Texas Tech completed just 15-of-43 passes in a 20-13 loss that puts them at 1-3 on the season. Granted, the weather conditions were tough with rain and some wind. But they were tough for both teams. Texas Tech managed to lose despite having a 321-256 advantage in total yards and finishing plus-2 in the turnover battle. It also didn’t help that starting quarterback Tyler Slough suffered an early injury and couldn’t return. But backup Behren Morton has enough experience to expect that Texas Tech would be better than 2-of-18 on third down. The Red Raiders have lost all three games against FBS opponents this year by one score. 

I went to the Tech 247 site today for grins. The blowhard writers over there have capitulated. These are guys that were predicting a conference title and potential playoff run. They expected to roll into Austin and take Texas down as the final catapulting of their program to the next level. 

Now? They’ve declared the season over. They’ve stated that the OC needs to be fired. They want the TB to get 30+ carries a game as they apparently believe that is a strength of their shitty team. 

I watched the game on ESPN+ yesterday. They were bullied like a bunch of pussies all game. West Virginia didn’t have much to work with, but they have a good offensive line and that was enough. Brown still tried to lose the game late with poor clock management, but Joey McGuire said “not today”. 

Also, there are murmurs that Morton has a hurt shoulder. They have two freshmen behind him who have never taken snaps as college players. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6