Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

On 9/4/2023 at 3:26 PM, LTtxfan said:

Crosspost of @Hank Scorpio

Imagine a UT regent logging onto Orangebloods posting shit like this. Fucking amateurs. 

F5ImaOWW4AAsOWU?format=jpg&name=large

Well, the field is named after him, he started the NIL collective, and he played football for Tech.  So to compare him to an average regent isn't exactly apples to apples.

20 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

That dipshit is a self-made billionaire.

What have you done?

Perhaps that dipshit is the exception, but  the whole "self made" thing is generally a crock of shit. The 400 wealthiest Americans own more wealth than half of all Americans combined and over 70 percent of the Forbes richest 400 Americans grew up in substantial privilege.

I didn't work with said dipshit directly, but I have worked in the Permian for years and have done projects for Double Eagle. In my limited experience with them, they hire dipshits who are their buddies and those dispshits have no clue how to run a drilling operation. To be fair, at least two of them were up front that they were dipshits.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, redswingline said:

Perhaps that dipshit is the exception, but  the whole "self made" thing is generally a crock of shit. The 400 wealthiest Americans own more wealth than half of all Americans combined and over 70 percent of the Forbes richest 400 Americans grew up in substantial privilege.

I didn't work with said dipshit directly, but I have worked in the Permian for years and have done projects for Double Eagle. In my limited experience with them, they hire dipshits who are their buddies and those dispshits have no clue how to run a drilling operation. To be fair, at least two of them were up front that they were dipshits.

Matthew Bingo GIF

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

How is the first game or a season a trap game?

Could not fucking agree with that line of  questioning more.  The notion still pisses me off.

We're not remotely good enough to get caught looking past an opponent.  Not even fucking close.

15 hours ago, redswingline said:

Good fucking God.

Tech used Zach Bryan's "Revival" in video 😋

Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy’s birthday celebration ended with a revival.

The Cowboys’ longtime coach celebrated his 56th birthday Saturday by attending Zach Bryan’s concert at the BOK Center in Tulsa.

Then Gundy made a surprise appearance on stage, joining Bryan, his band and others on stage for the encore performance of Bryan’s hit “Revival.”

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, statsman said:

Why is that a new story? I thought he committed a while ago

He's been leaning toward Tech for a while,  but I think he never made it publicly official until yesterday.  Some people have been wondering if he was a silent commit and just waited to announce when it seemed like a good time, which sounds plausible, but that's speculation.

On 9/12/2023 at 2:53 PM, TrashMaster G said:

So 0-2 Tech plays Tarleton this week and 0-2 Baylor gets Long Island.

That is how you keep from falling to 0-3.

Presumably.

But for now, that .000 winning percentage seems to be going over real well out there.  Maybe joey can buy them all letter jackets and make them feels better. 

• Haha 2