This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Charlie Dickey is a great OL Coach.  Gundy is really happy that Dickey was available.....

Charlie Dickey (offensive line) and Sean Snyder (special teams) were the highest paid assistants on K-State's previous staff at $480,000.

7 hours ago, Homercles said:

They’ve also developed moderate recruits well. Feels like a set piece play me, given how fast that all happened.

Maybe Henson gave Gundy a heads up early enough to bring in a replacement with minimal delay.  Him being an OSU alum would tend to argue that he would want minimal disruption for the program due to his move.

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

Maybe Henson gave Gundy a heads up early enough to bring in a replacement with minimal delay.  Him being an OSU alum would tend to argue that he would want minimal disruption for the program due to his move.

Nice try.... Don't give Henson that kinda credit 

Henson missed out on OC at Okie Lite and is fortunate aggy OL job with higher salary opened up.   (Henson worked with Jumbo at LSU.)  Charlie Dickey has been available since end of Dec 2018.  Gundy has tried to get Dickey to come to Okie Lite before, but Dickie was loyal to The Purple Wizard. 

Best part of all of this is Okie Lite ends up with  better OL Coach than aggy. 

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa HaHaHaHa HaHaHaHa

http://themercury.com/k_state_sports/charlie-dickey-no-longer-part-of-k-state-staff/article_7f423d36-0bca-11e9-9242-8793270ca169.html

Edited by LTtxfan

On 2/9/2019 at 9:37 PM, sushihorn said:

Yeah the timing of the departure/hire certainly seems like all parties knew what was going to happen before anything was announced.  Gundy normally takes forever to make hires, and the Dickey hire is announced what... like a day after the Henson thing is announced?  

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who is running at QB #1 for Gundy this spring?  Spencer Sanders or the Hawaii transfer?  Whoever starts out is probably who we will see being  is probably gon get dey ass handed to em when we kick off conference play against them this year.

FIFY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess it makes sense that most people don't know about the multiple variations of Pistol Pete. Viktor Hovland wearing his Swingin' Pete shirt after the Masters got peoples attention, and that makes me happy. It's by far my favorite part of the mascot. The only t-shirt versions I've been able to find are regular, baseball (both hitting and pitching), golf, soccer, wrestling, and tennis. Some of these I wasn't even aware of (fishin' Pete is badass!). I also had never seen basketball spinning and Heisman Pose Pete. There is a medical bus that goes around town with Dr. Pete on the side and my daughter has always loved him. I attended an accounting and finance conference and saw accounting Pete for the first time last year. Love me some Pistol Pete.

https://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/2019/4/17/18411982/there-are-a-ton-of-variations-of-pete-and-its-glorious-oklahoma-state-mascot-big-12

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter 

D4N4mNUX4AAs6BB.jpg

D4N1a3AXsAAG-oU.jpg

D4Z0n_zWAAAKbdF.jpg

D4X3-a7XoAA_zdF.jpg:large

D4W--XcWwAEgm-m.jpg

Image result for tennis pistol pete oklahoma state

Image result for soccer pistol pete oklahoma state

D4W_XFbX4AA-udz.png:large

D4XjcV1WwAApEER.jpg

D4W_SzcXkAEWux5.png

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who is Gundy going with at QB after spring ball?

It'll be Sanders. Word I hear is that Sanders makes far more spectacular plays, but also makes more mistakes, which shouldn't be surprising from a RS Freshman. Brown apparently is solid, makes fewer mistakes, but isn't nearly as dynamic as Sanders. Gundy has a history of being conservative at the QB position, but I don't think he can pass up Sanders for Brown if what I'm hearing is correct. If he goes with Brown, my assumption will be that rumors of Sanders are greatly exaggerated.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

That should be in the Tell me about OU thread. This fucking guy dislikes OSU almost as much as Slorch.

I hate Okie Lite about as much as hate free beer.  yeah, the label might suck, but it's still fun to drink.

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

That should be in the Tell me about OU thread. This fucking guy dislikes OSU almost as much as Slorch.

Jim Traber doesn't dislike Oklahoma State, he rants on many things on the radio... But he seems to be OSU through & through...

On 5/26/2019 at 8:20 PM, kopp0e said:
Jim Traber doesn't dislike Oklahoma State, he rants on many things on the radio... But he seems to be OSU through & through...

Wrong. Traber ranted for weeks accusing Gundy of speaking only to national news and ignoring local news. It was of course greatly exaggerated but Gundy stopped talking to Traber altogether and Traber went full butthurt, especially when Gundy posted a selfie with a bunch of local guys and did a bunch of local interviews but wouldn’t return Trabers calls. Probably because of all the bitchass stuff Traber said. He hates his alma mater for that and a million other dumb reasons too numerous to discuss here.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

I think I'm one of the few OSU fans that enjoys listening to Traber. His arguments with Al Assback are radio gold.

He doesn’t bother me as he does most OSU fans. He does go out of his way often to just talk shit on his alma mater which is why I responded. Al can be entertaining but while he doesn’t express hate for OSU, his general indifference towards them is annoying. He can talk for hours about a backup OU punter from 1977, or the details of a 3rd quarter drive in an OU-Mizzou game in ‘84, but often doesn’t know the names of current OSU starters or details of important games from recent seasons. It’s obnoxious as an OSU fan.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Other than OU, this is the conference game I definitely want to see Texas win this year.  We beat KSU in Manhattan last season, and we beat TCU.  We exorcised those demons.  Now it is time to go back to beating the shit out of Okie Lite on a regular basis like we did for many years.  Texas is 2-7 against these assholes over the last nine meetings, and we're currently on a 0-4 skid (though the motherfucking incompetent and/or corrupt refs were the ones that beat us in '15).  That is completely unacceptable. 

I have a feeling Herman is going to have the team very, very motivated and prepared on September 21, esp. after the game last year ended.  He'd better.  I want to see Gundy's mullet get set on fire as he's leaving the field with the football shoved up his ass.

Edited by Carl Spackler

• 3 weeks later...

Saw that yesterday.

The "Qunn Sharp's FG was good" makes me smile and cringe at the same time.

Fucking hell man. 

I think Gundy will continue to field very good teams, but that was probably OSU's best shot to win a national title in football in my lifetime.  I fully believe we would have wrecked LSU in the national title game.  😭😭😭

• 2 weeks later...

Gundy is still saying both will play at least in the opener. Rumors are that Brown makes quicker reads and fewer mistakes. More recent rumors are that Sanders is catching up in that department. All agree that Sanders is much more dynamic overall, stronger arm, much faster in the open field, but has been throwing ints and holding the ball too long. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...